Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

As long as they keep their live-action programming away from it, I'll be happy.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Everyone screams and cries for them to bring back Toonami.

So they do, and everybody responds by screaming and crying that they don't want it.

Amazing
    from the line up they have showed so far, they haven't brought Toonami back. They are just calling their exact same Saturday line up Toonami.
    If they didn't want that kind of blowback, they should have waited a little longer so they could have announced what new shows they are going to air.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bring One Piece and Naruto uncut and other Mecha shows like gundam series and ill be happy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Where does it say they're putting all the Fox shows on Saturday?....
    The way I read it, they're just re-upping those shows for other blocks (most likely Sunday or Monday) and re-upping all their other shows throughout the year, nothing says that they're making Saturday "Fox Night" so dunno wtf people are talking about.

That said even if they just shuffle oldschool anime on Saturday and keep their original stuffz like Bleach and FMA (fuck Durarara and Kekaishi) it'll be awesome. [as] has said time and time again that Saturday is one of their worst ratings nights and this probably won't be THAT much of a drastic change, at least it'll be fresh.

Also.... NEW SUPERJAIL IN THE MAKING. Very excite~

Black Belt
    BG Level

Why we have so many people excited over dubbed old shit and CG shorts is beyond me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

no fun allowed

damn I just realized that's neku in your signature. I gotta check out this new kh game

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

yeah, which KH is that?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

ITT: Nobody actually reads the articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Just to clear things up, those returning shows you listed *aren't* what they'll be showing on Toonami, they're just shows that are being reaquired for Adult Swim as a whole. That article lists all the upcoming and returning shows announced for AS in the upcoming year, and it's actually more shows then it's ever had before so we might actually see *less* family guy and other fox shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    "Developing new original anime"...?

Sounds good though, I miss Tom. Looking forward to watching this again.
    IGPX and the second Season of Big O were both developed by the guys behind Toonami and were both pretty cool so it's not like this is new territory for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    People insinuating AS isn't the exact same thing as Toonami, except with out the expensive licensing fees and general "will we even get ratings for this" of anime, as compared to just rerunning all of fox's programming.
    Well to be fair, Adult Swim *IS* the same thing as Toonami seeing as Adult Swim and Toonami were made by the same people. Hell, Toonami is the whole reason Adult Swim is even a thing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    Where does it say they're putting all the Fox shows on Saturday?....
    The way I read it, they're just re-upping those shows for other blocks (most likely Sunday or Monday) and re-upping all their other shows throughout the year, nothing says that they're making Saturday "Fox Night" so dunno wtf people are talking about.

That said even if they just shuffle oldschool anime on Saturday and keep their original stuffz like Bleach and FMA (fuck Durarara and Kekaishi) it'll be awesome. [as] has said time and time again that Saturday is one of their worst ratings nights and this probably won't be THAT much of a drastic change, at least it'll be fresh.
    Pretty much the whole idea of "Bringing back Toonami" will result in them taking their Saturday block and just filling it with new Toonami bumpers while keeping the content pretty much the same as it always been. Which honestly, I won't mind at all. It'll never be the Toonami of old that everyone here remembers, but it'll certainly be better then the crap bumpers they show now. As long as they continue to bring over new stuff, give the old stuff the respect it deserves and have Tom be Tom, I'll be happy.

Also, it'd be nice if they could finish off some of the older shows that got the axe mid series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    Also, it'd be nice if they could finish off some of the older shows that got the axe mid series.
    Cyborg 009? yes please.

I'm pretty sure they'll be showing new stuff and not just the old line up. Things like Bleach will definitely stay on since they draw so many viewers. I'm guessing it will be 3 new shows and 3 old ones. They said they won't reveal the line up before hand so we'll have to tune in to find out.

Salodin; Apparently that KH game is on the 3DS and it is called KH Dream Drop Distance.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    from the line up they have showed so far, they haven't brought Toonami back. They are just calling their exact same Saturday line up Toonami.
    If they didn't want that kind of blowback, they should have waited a little longer so they could have announced what new shows they are going to air.
    Quoting this to point out that they said they were waiting until the 26th (when it airs) so it'll be a complete surprise to everyone as far as their schedule.

And people bitching "Oh wah, Adult Swim's cashing in on the Toonami nostalgia factor, wah" are retarded. As stated in one of the couple posts before mine.. Adult Swim wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for Toonami bringing in the animu, getting that whole idea off the ground. It's no one's fault but who heads it now for all the live-action garbage that's come from it since. It's completely changed.. but Toonami can have a semblance of old without it being a 'rebranding'.. so how about we wait and see before crying about it.

But yeah, they've got a few of their normal AS shows in the "Toonami" block, just because stuff like Bleach and what not fits the block in general.. but.. blah.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    It'll never be the Toonami of old that everyone here remembers, but it'll certainly be better then the crap bumpers they show now.
    Hey!!!...
    I love [as] bumps , especially the music

But for reals yeah, it'll never be the same old Toonami but it'll be a nice change to see Tom again at least. They'll have to keep some of the new anime in the line-up to appease the fans that still watched their Saturday blocks (I usually tune in for Bleach at least) but god it's gonna be nice seeing Tom introduce YuYu, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, DBZ, etc etc etc... whatever they plan to put into the block :D.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    And people bitching "Oh wah, Adult Swim's cashing in on the Toonami nostalgia factor, wah" are retarded. As stated in one of the couple posts before mine.. Adult Swim wouldn't have even existed if it weren't for Toonami bringing in the animu, getting that whole idea off the ground. It's no one's fault but who heads it now for all the live-action garbage that's come from it since. It's completely changed.. but Toonami can have a semblance of old without it being a 'rebranding'.. so how about we wait and see before crying about it.
    Just wanted to address the live-action bit... I mean, they probably do get a lot of their revenue from their live action shows, making actual profit for nearly no work (in terms of Tom Goes to the Mayor and Tim & Eric). I know people on this board generally hate those shows but you gotta think how much they've expanded thanks to them.
    Spoiler: show

I for one enjoy Tim & Eric and the like, Eagleheart especially. Also I'm very happy they're bringing back The Heart She Holler, stupidest show ever but damn it can be funny lol

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Funi posted on their twitter yesterday with what people want shown on AS Toonami with a PSG pic.

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23ToonamisBackBitches

FUNimation ‏@FUNimation
    #ToonamisBackBitches, what shows do you want @adultswim to add to the block? http://ow.ly/i/DjzH

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

If they've got that then I'm half-convinced they planned April fools as a test-bed to gauge interest in doing this instead of a fun one-off event.

Celeste

I would love to see Yu Yu Hakusho, and Outlaw Star. Nostalgia please!

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I really hope this is all a misunderstanding and Adult Swim isn't that cheap to not air decent anime. Tired of the only good thing to watch Saturday nights is reruns of FMA: Brotherhood.

I'd love to see Case Closed/Detective Conan come back to. Never understood why people hated the series.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It was a mature version of scooby doo, that show rocked.

Case Closed didn't really age well artistically. I know some of us might not care, but your casual viewer will probably be turned off. I wouldn't mind seeing it on, as well as YYH post-spirit detective arc or whatever they called it where he fought the other one before going demon. I've babble about my ideal AS lineup before, though, and unfortunately it involves more than just the worst night of the week to air things.

Celeste

I never had an issue with Case Closed, but I think it had it's chance. Too big of a series..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans.
    The only time they "helped" "develop" a "new" "anime" was when they threw a big heap of Turner money at the second season of Big O to get production credits and perpetual airing rights. Good thing Big O turned out to be a good television show, right? Right guys? Big O is good. Guys?

It is also good that Final Fantasy X < Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Alien Hominid, Jedi Knight II, Lord of the Rings: TT, MGS VR Missions, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.

That being said I hope they re-dub Samurai Pizza Cats into an adult version a'la MXC/Takeshi's Castle.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast