Closed Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post

It is also good that Final Fantasy X < Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Alien Hominid, Jedi Knight II, Lord of the Rings: TT, MGS VR Missions, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.
    What the fuck are you talking about? ALL those games are better than FFX!

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's what he wrote....

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And to be clear on this:

The "schedule" ANN apparently reported is NOT the lineup for next saturday.

New info should be out Monday
    https://twitter.com/#!/Clarknova1/st...60035374120960

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    I never had an issue with Case Closed, but I think it had it's chance. Too big of a series..
    True, the anime is over 700 episodes IIRC. Though I still wish I could get a chance to see it again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

holy shit...700 episodes?

Still better then Tim and Eric...

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Well, not 700. 660 ATM, but yeah, that'd take forever to do.

Celeste

They could do it if they did two episodes a night for a year, but there will NEVER be that much interest.

There are so many better shows out there.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, Funi really wants AS-Toonami to air Panty and Stocking.
    http://twitter.com/#!/FUNimation/sta...28185588482048
    We need your help! Let @adultswim know you want #PantyandStocking on air. Spread the word and please retweet.
    http://twitter.com/#!/FUNimation/sta...64709252923392
    Have you told @adultswim that you want them to broadcast #PantyandStocking yet? If you want it to happen, let 'em know using that hashtag!
    Jamie Marchi, who voices dub Panty, doesn't think murika tv is ready for PSG and I agree.

Celeste

Fuck Panty & Stocking.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think it is, I also think that it would be a large hit if they put it on Sundays actually. I thought that it would be from the first time that I heard about it. Hell the fact that it's taken this long to get and English Dub baffles me. With that being said, I have only watched the first few eps.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    Hey!!!...
    I love [as] bumps , especially the music
    Their normal weekday bumps with the white text and black backgrounds are great, the ones they use on saturday for their anime block are hideous, horrible annoying and most likely AS guys letting out their frustrations on the anime fans who are always so demanding and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    The only time they "helped" "develop" a "new" "anime" was when they threw a big heap of Turner money at the second season of Big O to get production credits and perpetual airing rights. Good thing Big O turned out to be a good television show, right? Right guys? Big O is good. Guys?
    1) I liked Big O
    2) Cartoon Network actually DID have input in it's production, beyond simply payrolling it.
    3) They've also produced the IGPX anime.

Big O sucks. And P&S would be a better fit for their Sunday, I agree. Can only imagine the censoring done, though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I never watched the IGPX series, but I liked the concept of the shorts that they did a while back. If I remember correctly the shorts where about the teams using Mechs to fight in war games. However the show was about F-Zero style racing, I think? dose that sound right? It looked good that's all I remember.

Also while we are at it does anyone know what relationship between CN/AS and the 3 big anime dubbing companies look like. I know things are and always will be all good between them and Funi. I remember hearing about how there was some bad blood with Bandai about how Code Geass was treated. Don't know about Viz because well AS has Bleach and Inu Yasha still but, CN didn't hang on to Naruto and I believe that there was some other Jump shows that they got rid of as well.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

CN/AS isn't ready for P&G, too many jokes that wont be understood, and just too much censorship.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Toonami will never run Panty and Stocking, but I can see it working for Adult Swim with some minor edits.

Dragonball Z Kai
    [Insert Random Gundam Show Here] (Gundam Wing, 00, or SEED for Starters)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Trigun
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Ronin Warriors
    Cowboy Bebop

Edit: Oh and Code Geass. And leave a slot for something new.

Lets go.

I swear to god if they re-add Big O... fuck the super reairing of that show that they've done over the years.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If they add half those shows, what's the point? It'll just be adult swim with some Saturday morning cartoons mixed in for good measure. Mheh.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bleach is the only show I don't want to see back. Seriously fuck that show.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko View Post
    Bleach is the only show I don't want to see back. Seriously fuck that show.
    I'm with you on that. I want 12-24 episode masterpieces.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    CN/AS isn't ready for P&G, too many jokes that wont be understood, and just too much censorship.
    Yeah that is true, and while it isn't a equal comparison, people did say the same thing about FLCL when it was announced it would be shown way back when. That did modestly well during its run.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't forget when [AS] showed EVA. Oooh hell did that have to get cut the first time. They only showed episode 2 I think, and it was like 4Kids* got a hold of it. No seriously. Faux bikini's and everything.

Then they went back and showed the full thing 'uncut' after midnight, but only ran it once. I found the full list of edits here.

Searching for that also lead me to the TvTropes page which lists all the licenses that they've lost. Which sort of explains why anime stopped showing as much as it used to, and why the new block is so .... light. Also, that might be the single most informative TvTrope page I've ever seen.

*After typing that I kind of want to see a 4Kids Evangelion adaptation now. It could very well be the most confusing 15 minutes in history.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast