FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Might be a bit of nostalgia talking, but I always felt like Outlaw Star was easily up there with Cowboy Bebop for me. The characters and world were just something that interested me greatly when I was younger.

The arms on the spaceships were always a bit silly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Might be a bit of nostalgia talking, but I always felt like Outlaw Star was easily up there with Cowboy Bebop for me. The characters and world were just something that interested me greatly when I was younger.

The arms on the spaceships were always a bit silly though.
    Yeah it's definitely one of the great classics.

And ship arms are the best, isn't there at least one episode where the ship is holding a gun? I haven't seen OS in ages but i'm positive that happened.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yeah it's definitely one of the great classics.

And ship arms are the best, isn't there at least one episode where the ship is holding a gun? I haven't seen OS in ages but i'm positive that happened.
    The outlaw star is usually with guns after gene owns it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Best episode I remember was the one where Jim ran into one of the bounty hunters after them, but neither knew who the other was; she only knew the ship configuration and not what the crew looked like. There was a romance developing in the episode, and they promised to meet each other again, but he unknowingly killed her in a spaceship battle in that same episode. Since she never met back up with him, he always wondered what happened, never knowing the truth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Outlaw Star is a wonderful anime. The ending was.... Much to be desired, but the rest of the show was amazing.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Outlaw Star is a wonderful anime. The ending was.... Much to be desired, but the rest of the show was amazing.
    Spoiler: show
    What is thy desire?

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I saw something about Outlaw Star being re-released on Blu-ray a while back on Anime News Network and I thought, 'Oh cool!'. Then a minute or two later I remembered how it was on Toonami in the old days and wouldn't it be nice if they finally put it back on in it's uncensored glory. So I'm catching up on my threads today and I noticed the title change of this thread. I literally yelled out, "HELL YES!!" and I'm pretty sure my neighbors heard me heh. Outlaw Star is one of my favorite anime of all time. I usually go by the handle, "Outlaw" online and Outlaw Star is what inspired me to do that. This makes me so happy I'm going to post the opening theme for kicks! The opening theme is dope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Spoiler: show
    Really, anything cooler would have been nice. The scene where the creepy hooded guy battled the samurai chick and then he took his mask thing off and he was her was like 10000x more interesting than the ending battle thing lol.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level

The animation in HD looks sick. It's hard to believe this show is almost 20 years old.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/daily...-bebop/.120798

The official Facebook page for Adult Swim's Toonami block announced on Wednesday that it will begin airing Cowboy Bebop again beginning the night of September 9. The block will add an extra half hour of programming, so it will not replace any currently-airing shows, but it will bump Attack on Titan back to a later timeslot.

The schedule from September 9 is as follows:
    11:00 p.m. — Dragon Ball Super
    11:30 p.m. – Dragon Ball Z Kai
    12:00 a.m. – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
    12:30 a.m. – Tokyo Ghoul
    1:00 a.m. – Hunter x Hunter
    1:30 a.m. – Lupin the 3rd
    2:00 a.m. – Naruto Shippūden
    2:30 a.m. – Outlaw Star
    3:00 a.m. – Cowboy Bebop
    3:30 a.m. – Attack on Titan Season 2

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn it why does this have to be on so late? They're on the money for nostalgia right now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Same Toonami, decade and a half later with a quarter of the licensing fees. Does anyone here actually watch toonami? Or are y'all like me and put this on for backround noise to relive nostalgia while doing other things lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I DVR stuff past 1 AMish to watch Sunday once I get up

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Same Toonami, decade and a half later with a quarter of the licensing fees. Does anyone here actually watch toonami? Or are y'all like me and put this on for backround noise to relive nostalgia while doing other things lol.

DVR it and then the boys and I have Dragon Ball Sunday while I cook breakfast lol. The rest of it ends up being background noise during the week while I do other shit

BG Level

I watch Dragonball Super then get a snack during Kai (cause who cares?) then I watch from midnight to two thirty while fairly drunk then sleep.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I mostly just mute stuff I'm not interested in like TG, Naruto, and HxH. Keep them on for views but I'm playing something else when those air.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They just need Gundam Wing to complete the cycle now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post

I actually like watching them air shows live but Naruto and OP were on I would mute it like IC said earlier, I have horrible net to stream episodes when they come out or binge watch.

Why they gotta put Outlaw Star and Bebop on at fucking 3 am.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast