Closed Thread
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

So, they're pretty much setting themselves up to fail by expecting high ratings on late saturday night programs... Considering 4/6 of their listed shows are things they're already running, 3 of which are repeating, doesn't leave me particularly inspired. Yeah, I'll watch/run in the background, because I've always wanted anime and such to be more mainstream/accepted in America, but I'm not really sure what they're hoping for with this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ugh disappointment at the lineup

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sucks to hear they have a relatively low budget for it.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I always thought the whole thing Toonami gave people was the presentation and overall feel (regarding Tom, bumps, Absolution). I mean sure the shows had a huge thing for us back in the day during the original airing, but I'm guessing now the nostalgia will hit just due to who's putting the shows on. The show-specific intros (to this day the original Gundam Wing one still stands out) were huge and I think it'll add needed life to that anime block. So, impressive line up or not I think the deciding factor will be how the presentation is dressed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    So, they're pretty much setting themselves up to fail by expecting high ratings on late saturday night programs... Considering 4/6 of their listed shows are things they're already running, 3 of which are repeating, doesn't leave me particularly inspired. Yeah, I'll watch/run in the background, because I've always wanted anime and such to be more mainstream/accepted in America, but I'm not really sure what they're hoping for with this.
    I think I'm gonna turn on my cablebox and put it to cartoon network for the good shows and shut it off for the bad shows.lol

edit: Meh, they put bleach at the start? I'll have to keep it on just so I can see the intro for toonami. Dub DW will be interesting to see. Hopefully they don't cut anything. I liked the sub a lot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoru View Post
    I always thought the whole thing Toonami gave people was the presentation and overall feel (regarding Tom, bumps, Absolution). I mean sure the shows had a huge thing for us back in the day during the original airing, but I'm guessing now the nostalgia will hit just due to who's putting the shows on. The show-specific intros (to this day the original Gundam Wing one still stands out) were huge and I think it'll add needed life to that anime block. So, impressive line up or not I think the deciding factor will be how the presentation is dressed.
    That pretty much what Toonami's was about. It's not just the shows themselves, but how the shows are presented. Toonami always had a way of making even lame cartoons seem awesome and worth watching. When you watched Toonami, you felt that the people bringing you these cartoons loved them just as much as you did, and greatly respected the art form that is animation. That love and respect shown in how they presented their shows and it just helped build the audience's desire to watch and support these series and this animation block. It was a feeling you just don't get from CN or AS anymore, especially since they actively hate anime and find the fans of it annoying (they only keep saturday anime around because of fan complaints if they try to take it off the air completely).

As it is now, it's just the AS Anime block with Toonami style bumpers. At worst no one watches it and it goes back to cheap, trolling bumpers in a few months, at best it revitalizes decent anime on American TV and their Saturday night block gets new shows, new music videos, new special events and all the other cool things that made the original Toonami awesome.....minus the after-school programing timeslot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's just too late at night. If they wanted good ratings do it when AS starts and add a few more shows to the lineup. Most of their views will be from DVR and stuff

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So with the low budget, is it safe to assume Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins are mediocre at best?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Isn't that just [as]'s lineup?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fuck you guys, I onlt watched toonami for the video game reviews.

Celeste

HAHA, lies.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So with the low budget, is it safe to assume Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins are mediocre at best?
    Never seen the DW anime but the manga can get pretty intense at times, I would assume the anime is pretty good. Casshern Sin sucks donkey balls, I don't remember getting past the first episode.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Celeste

Am I missing it? Fuck.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No. It airs tomorrow just some teasing being done.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nah, not til tomorrow night.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    No. It airs tomorrow just some teasing being done.
    Drtcfgfcccc. Damn you.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast