Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

so sweeeeet, I'm just wondering what kind of original programming they have in mind now.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

bleach and brotherhood are the only returning animes for the toonami block. Rest are just there for the usual shit, like American Dad is on right now.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

>___>

Maybe I should'a looked into this more before getting excited lol. Hopefully they'll bring more animu and older stuff as they evolve...

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    >___>

Maybe I should'a looked into this more before getting excited lol. Hopefully they'll bring more animu and older stuff as they evolve...
    There's plenty of Anime they can throw in there if they can get the licenses for it. Judging from the [AS] forums a long time ago, they had a really hard time obtaining licenses in the past, so I wonder if that's going to change.

Also their twitter just announced that the Boondocks is a go for season 4. HHHHNNNNNGGGGG.

Yeah, my last post was critical because they're basically putting what they aired from 10-12 in the post-midnight slots, which is exactly what the block doesn't need.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well they have to show Bleach because of the new episodes airing here in the west. Besides that they can show whatever the fuck they want to.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It's the same exact shit they already have with other show's we've already seen sprinkled on top and slapped with the Toonami label. No idea why anyone is getting excited. Unless this "original anime" programming comes through, people will stop caring in a few weeks tops and ratings will go back to the shitty ratings that got the whole Toonami schtick canceled in the first place.

Nostalgia is nice and all but lets be real.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just curious why people want this to fail.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    There's no such thing as optimism on this board.

Come on, this is BG.

I'm going to put my stakes in that they change the line up eventually to feature more anime or original programming. If they just append a new name and air exactly the same stuff, it'll just die out.

BG Level

Who wants it to fail? The obvious is just being stated, if it's just a collection of shows already on rotation with a few Tom snippets tossed in there then it's going to fail.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

They're keeping shit normally on there block and popular shows (outside the Family Guy/American Dad bullshit) and probably shifting other shows in. Lets wait and see.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    It's not that we want it to fail. It's that we have this nagging suspicion that CN is going to screw this up. I mean look at that earlier post where they said they're using Family guy?
    They announced a bunch of crap shows right off the bat that people could get by watching fox instead.
    They need to get some Fate/Zero up in there. Daily lives of high school boys. Any the stuff people listed that they actually hoped to see on Toonami . Instead we're seeing lists that are almost offensively bad.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I know this new CN style of fucking up shows(Symbionic Titan) so I'm trying to remain positive until we see what happens that Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Who wants it to fail? The obvious is just being stated, if it's just a collection of shows already on rotation with a few Tom snippets tossed in there then it's going to fail.
    God damn shut the fuck up already and do some reading:

A Wednesday press release released by Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, has revealed that the network is developing new original anime programming for the return of the Toonami programming block. Previous series featured on the block will also make their return.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...me-programming

Literally 2 seconds on google.

Black Lagoon
    Baccano
    Darker than Black
    Code Geass
    Gurren Lagann
    Fate/Zero

would be perfect for this.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

AS finished their Code Geass S1 and 2 run a couple of years back and Gurren aired on Syfy's old anime block around the same time too. Black Lagoon would have way too many bleeps, but Baccano would fit perfectly. I know nothing of the Fate stuff except for the eroge.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So... it's rebranded Adult Swim looking to cash in on renewed cable subscriptions caused by nostalgia factor.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

People insinuating AS isn't the exact same thing as Toonami, except with out the expensive licensing fees and general "will we even get ratings for this" of anime, as compared to just rerunning all of fox's programming.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Everyone screams and cries for them to bring back Toonami.

So they do, and everybody responds by screaming and crying that they don't want it.

Amazing

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

All I want is some DBZ

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 100percentile View Post
    God damn shut the fuck up already and do some reading.
    How about you read the thread you fucking retard. I already said I hope the original anime program is good and Toonami isn't just some rebranding crap with shows already on air.

Where the fuck is anyone getting this idea anybody in the thread doesn't want Toonami back? Stop with the Team Edward vs Team Jacob shit.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast