Closed Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Christmas and new years around the corner.

the one super episode I've been waiting to see dubbed

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm glad they are putting it back on at 11pm. I was having to record shows that aired before midnight cause of football/hockey.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

https://www.facebook.com/14404080395...517411?sfns=mo

For all those who have asked about SAO, we’re about to make your day. Toonami is proud to announce that Sword Art Online: Alicization will have a special, hour long premiere February 9th from 12:30a – 1:30a! Check out the entire line-up below!

Line-up on 2/9/19
    11:00PM – Dragon Ball Super
    11:30PM - Boruto
    12:00AM – My Hero Academia
    12:30AM – Sword Art Online: Alicization
    1:00AM – Sword Art Online: Alicization
    1:30AM – JoJo: DIU
    2:00AM – Black Clover
    2:30AM – Hunter x Hunter
    3:00AM – Naruto: Shippuden
    3:30AM – Attack on Titan
    4:00AM – Pop Team Epic
    4:30AM – Gundam: IBO

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

More SAO? Oh god no...

Also is that a mistake with scheduling? I know Mob Psycho is nearly over but there's still a bit of Megalobox to go.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Maybe take a week off then get its normal slot back since only the first episode is an hour, with SAO taking Mob Psycho time slot? I've only seen the first few episodes of season 3 and found it more enjoyable than the others.

BG Level

Yeah you're right. Misread the quote while freezing to death.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Didn't see the new updated lineup that is going to happen after the SAO premier.

Pop Team Epic, Mob Psycho 100, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans drop off lineup
    Starting on February 16, the lineup will be:

11:00 p.m. – Dragon Ball Super
    11:30 p.m. – Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
    12:00 a.m. – My Hero Academia
    12:30 a.m. – Sword Art Online: Alicization
    1:00 a.m. – Megalobox
    1:30 a.m. – JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable
    2:00 a.m. – Black Clover
    2:30 a.m. – Hunter x Hunter
    3:00 a.m. – Naruto Shippūden
    3:30 a.m. – Attack on Titan
    The block recently dropped an hour last December, dropping the hour of programming it gained last September, and went back to its 11:00 p.m. start time.

Mob Psycho 100 will drop from the current lineup as of February 9, and Pop Team Epic and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans will drop off the current lineup as of February 16. The block will premiere Sword Art Online: Alicization on February 9.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ary-16/.142524

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Oh sweet! I didn't know SOA: Alicization was on tonight. I have been out of the loop lately you could say.

BG Level

So when does it get good? I couldn't stand the first ep and phased out most of the 2nd until the protagonist got killed or whatever happens

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Yeah I agree the first episode is a little meh, I was watching it weekly subbed when it was coming out but when it got to episode 3 or 4 I was kinda liking it a lot more and wished I was able to watch more but had to keep waiting. Though I've been told I enjoy "bad" shows all the time so I cant say how you would like it.

I wouldn't say it's bad, but tbh, I feel like a lot of the action sequences have been too short with emphasis being put more on the drama. The first real "oh shit" moment was in ep 10, but even that could be looked at as rather silly depending on perspective and I have no doubt it's going to be censored some here. Would also say a lot of the charm is lost since they've largely just thrown away the old cast, while hoping we'll care for Alice only after a couple episodes or that Eugeo takes despite being a pretty bland character that more or less walks in Kirito's shadow.

Of course, I haven't read the LNs or anything, so maybe all this will have a better payoff, but for now, it's hard to really feel any stakes like when it was a deathgame in S1 or just better associate the world as a game despite attempts to do such that frequently just get mentioned once then forgotten.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Crunchyroll, Adult Swim Announce Toonami Programming Partnership With Distribution Deal
    Companies to collaborate on licensed content, co-productions, distribution opportunities
    Adult Swim and Crunchyroll announced a new programming partnership and expanded distribution deal on Tuesday. Crunchyroll will now be a "premiere content partner" for Adult Swim's Toonami programming block, which airs on Saturday nights. The companies will collaborate on licensed content, co-productions, and distribution opportunities.

Crunchyroll general manager Joanne Waage noted that the company's "mission is to grow anime globally," and the Adult Swim partnership will help further that goal because "Toonami has been incredibly influential in the growth of anime here in the U.S." The announcement also stated that Adult Swim reaches about 94 million households, and Crunchyroll has 45 million registered users with 2 million streaming subscribers.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-deal/.144452

BG Level

Was expecting a schedule change since Megalo is done in about 2 eps.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

That might come out sometime soon hopefully, hope they get something good and somewhat new to replace it. Would kinda love to see Overlord here but SAO also has that type of story covered so who knows.

BG Level

I'd kill for Konosuba myself but if they give Megalo another run I'll be fine with it. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did but holy crap it's amazing.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Konosuba dubs are ass

BG Level

Well shit...

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Toonami

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Well shit...
    Well, i recall there was a video out there with a preview of it on reddit, and it wasn’t horrible, but you can tell there was a lot less synergy with the character interactions compared to jp.

It was mentioned that because funimation does things differently like, one VA enters, says the lines, gets recorded then edited, in the jp subs, especially in Konosuba, they had all the actors together in a group do their lines and it helped with the synergy a lot.

I guess you be the judge.

BG Level

I think the dub is on Crunchy so might check out this weekend

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Well, i recall there was a video out there with a preview of it on reddit, and it wasn’t horrible, but you can tell there was a lot less synergy with the character interactions compared to jp.

It was mentioned that because funimation does things differently like, one VA enters, says the lines, gets recorded then edited, in the jp subs, especially in Konosuba, they had all the actors together in a group do their lines and it helped with the synergy a lot.

I guess you be the judge.
    From my understanding most of the western dub companies do it this way as they have try to have the actors match the lip flaps the characters have since they are unable to edit the animation to match the new flaps. Unlike in the JP side where they can record all the lines first then the animation teams draw the flaps to match the words. At least that is how I saw it done awhile ago while I would watch some interviews and ect on Blu Ray and DVD extras.

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast