Closed Thread
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eh, I don't see it holding viewers and will be pushed back to a later slot eventually. I don't do the whole "the manga is better" thing often, but the anime adaptation hasn't been as engaging.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Finally caught up with last weeks HxH episode. Oh man
    Spoiler: show
    Ugh man. This episodes ending hit me right in the feels. With the king playing his very last game, but I kinda laughed when he still didnt win even a single game.
    Just kinda wish this arc didnt just drag on in certain sections where it seemed like nothing really happened.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yep. Megalo and HxH delivered feels flawlessly.

Sucks this is the last arc for the HxH anime. Wonder if they'll ever do more arcs at some point.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Sucks this is the last arc for the HxH anime. Wonder if they'll ever do more arcs at some point.
    I'm honestly not sure if I want them to, the manga really hasn't been that great after the part where the anime ends. This could possibly just be due to all of the breaks in it, but it just really feels like it has been dragging on far too much and making very little progress in years.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I stopped reading the manga when emma was at that village when the hunt was going on. Kinda fell out of it but do want to figure out what chapter those were and backtrack to read them again.

Think I left off somewhere in the 50s, which was easily a year or so ago.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

SAO
    They really do like to use the threat of sexual assault by the villain in SAO a lot don't they? I guess they want to make it real easy to root for the hero when they decide to actually do something to them.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    SAO
    They really do like to use the threat of sexual assault by the villain in SAO a lot don't they? I guess they want to make it real easy to root for the hero when they decide to actually do something to them.
    At least it's finally getting interesting, but yeah you're right.

They censored last night a bit, too. Though all the strange black spots were in the original that I saw, as well. Which is kinda weird since you'd then randomly see uncensored bloody stumps squirting blood mid-scene.

As for taking advantage of sexual assault, I guess I can't really see it as unheard of in most of the show's cases. We all know some gamers are pretty sexually repressed assholes, to the point they'd probably qualify for the incel term. People in power also love to abuse the shit out of their positions, with the game world just sort of adding a coded hierarchy to the abuse. Probably the only real one I'd call out of place was Asuna's parents trying to marry her off to a way older dude while she was in a coma, and of course his Snow White/Prince Charming complex going nutso in Alfheim. But after a point, we do have to unfortunately acknowledge that some of it is the author inserting his own personal fetish fuel and has likely had a shit relationship history of his own.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    They censored last night a bit, too. Though all the strange black spots were in the original that I saw, as well. Which is kinda weird since you'd then randomly see uncensored bloody stumps squirting blood mid-scene.

As for taking advantage of sexual assault, I guess I can't really see it as unheard of in most of the show's cases. We all know some gamers are pretty sexually repressed assholes, to the point they'd probably qualify for the incel term. People in power also love to abuse the shit out of their positions, with the game world just sort of adding a coded hierarchy to the abuse. Probably the only real one I'd call out of place was Asuna's parents trying to marry her off to a way older dude while she was in a coma, and of course his Snow White/Prince Charming complex going nutso in Alfheim. But after a point, we do have to unfortunately acknowledge that some of it is the author inserting his own personal fetish fuel and has likely had a shit relationship history of his own.
    From what they showed about Asuna's parents in later episodes being very traditionalist, the decision about marrying her off is well within the realm of possibility, for me anyway. As for the censorship bit, this is probably the JP broadcast version since they have laws about showing sword disfigurement uncensored during certain broadcast times, if my understanding of what I've read others claim. Although I have not seen the CR version of this episode so I cannot say if there is a difference or not.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I had never seen this season until now..

Holy shit! SAO always had some edgy stuff in it but that takes the cake. I thought they might have censored the scene, besides the darkening, after I watched it and after Toonami was over I looked up the scene. I had to know.. I would have been up all night wondering if they really got raped. Even though it was cringe worthy it was so satisfying to see those Noble fuckers get what they deserve.

And just a thought. I think they could have gotten away with showing the whole scene untouched. I have seen WAY worse on shows like Law and Order: Special Victims Unit and that was in the middle of the damn day!

BG Level

https://twitter.com/ToonamiSquad/sta...60918391676928

Can't believe they put HunterxHunter on at 3 a.m. I guess it's not popular.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

I think its also in its last arc of the story so its starting to wind down.

BG Level

Yeah I had to do a double take checking last night when I was recording my DVR.

BG Level

I was surprised how dark The Promised Neverland is. I knew there was monsters in it and stuff but yikes ha ha.

BG Level

When I first saw it I thought "What are they human cattle or something?"

Didn't expect to be right.

BG Level

I read a comment on the Toonami reddit that was something like..

"Adopted at night. What could go wrong?"

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lupin the 3rd part 5 replacing jojo june 15th no time slot announced yet.

Closed Thread
Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast