Closed Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just be glad they were able to get something new with their budget. A lot of you had your nostalgia expectations too high.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So is this a Saturday night only thing?

Also, how were the ratings?

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

The fucking gits image lol

Wasn't so bad last night, Deadman was interesting. Casshern was a little off but I'll see how it goes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yea, this is going to be their late night saturday anime block, something they've had for years but always felt like it was just something they forgot to cancel. Now that they're calling it Toonami and actually putting some effort into it, maybe they'll make the block fun again. What made Toonami great wasn't just the shows they aired, but the presentation and feel of the block as a whole, if they can capture that again I'm sure they'll be able to do more with the block as a whole.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I watched that shit most weekends, more than happy to watch GitS, FMA and Cowboy Bebop for the thousandth time, so no real reason to stop now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

FMA not so much, cause it's like a giant soap opera and just felt like a drag to watch a random episode of. Most of Bebops episodes had a "one off" type of feel, so watching one randomly never felt so bad. GitS is somewhere in between those, so I can handle it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

FMA isn't some 'giant soap opera'.. at least not in Brotherhood. The first series.. yeah, because they didn't have much manga source material, but Brohood was really good.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    wut?

I know in the manga it picks up quick and is intriguing as fuck. Casshern sucks terribly and needs to be erased from ever existing.
    Right, it does. The manga is fine.

The anime is a abomination of an adaption. It's bad. Really bad.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://twitter.com/#!/Clarknova1/sta...75795878858753

This is a marathon, not a sprint. Keep watching if you want more stuff, and we'll keep you posted.
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...75687951036416

Thanks to all who watched ‪#toonami‬ ! We won't know ratings until Tues or Wed, and even then, it's going to take longer than a week.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So umm. Sat only? Dissapointtttttttttttttttttttt

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    FMA isn't some 'giant soap opera'.. at least not in Brotherhood. The first series.. yeah, because they didn't have much manga source material, but Brohood was really good.
    What I mean is, you can pick a random episode and be like "Ok what's going on, whos done what?", where as with most of Bebop and a lot of GitS, you can pick a random episode and be like "Hey, don't need to know every ones back story for the past 20 episodes to enjoy this".

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    What I mean is, you can pick a random episode and be like "Ok what's going on, whos done what?", where as with most of Bebop and a lot of GitS, you can pick a random episode and be like "Hey, don't need to know every ones back story for the past 20 episodes to enjoy this".
    A lot of anime is like this, at least the ones worth watching. This post is somewhat why anime in america probably won't work.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    A lot of anime is like this, at least the ones worth watching. This post is somewhat why anime in america probably won't work.
    This is why I wish more IPTV or Netflix services to take off further. Fuck having to 'stay tuned', I'd rather watch on my own time via legitimate means besides overpriced disc-based releases.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bummed I missed it last night!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

To be fair, it's probably why I download all my shows. Sitting down at a specific time every week just kills the enjoyment for me, I like to watch at my own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Sitting down at a specific time every week just kills the enjoyment for me, I like to watch at my own pace.
    DBZ is the only anime I've ever done this for. Took like 6 years... or longer.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I ran in snow from my uncle's house back to my hotel room while visiting for Christmas to watch the end of the Cell Games. I still get goosebumps rewatching Gohan disintegrate Cell.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Watched it last night. Loved seeing all the Toonami style bumps and Tom. I have never seen Deadman Wonderland before. I know I've probably seen something about it in the past but never picked it up. It's so weird I find it interesting to watch. I guess I need to read the manga sense everyone here says the anime sucks. Regardless, if it brings Toonami more attention it's a good thing.

Celeste

DBZ is the only anime I've ever done this for. Took like 6 years... or longer.
    It's what I did when I was in elementary school/junior high school. Good times. Instant gratification bothers me for some unknown reason.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I know what you mean. I tend to put-off shows I can watch immediately because I want to save them for when there are no good shows playing. When that happens though, I seldom get around to watching said shows.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast