+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can't install video card drivers

So I decided to reinstall windows as my computer as getting bogged down with crap over the years and just finished with the windows part. I downloaded the drivers off of amds website ( HD5870) however when I go to open it nothing happens, not even an error message. Kinda confused here. Any advice?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Edit: Not fixed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well bit of an update, I got the driver installed however it will not update now. I'm sitting at version 11.5 and 12.4 is available but going through the update driver option after the install it's still version 11.5. Went ahead and manually downloaded 12.4 then uninstalled/installed 12.4 and it still shows 11.5. Any advice?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

First thing; how old is the PC? If it's a AGP card, the normal drivers will not install no matter what you try. . Check the manufacturer's website for the AGP versions.

Also search for driver sweeper before you install and get rid of it, otherwise I don't know what to tell you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well after a bit of searching it seems 12.4 is messed up for a lot of people, installed 12.3 just fine. But the real reason I was doing this was I am getting fps stuttering in TERA which is why I just reformatted my PC, hoping to get rid of the problem. I've posted this in the random question/complaint thread in the TERA section hoping I wouldn't have to create a new thread, but it seems like it was overlooked . Anyone have any advice on the stuttering? Normally run at 65fps on the field but it will randomly drop to 30-40 for a second or 2 then go back to normal, which happens kinda often and is rather annoying. Whole system specs are i7 @ 2.8, HD 5870, 6GB RAM, 850w psu.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sono was having problems too, quick google showed a lot are with different cards and a Tera fix is supposed to be released within the week.