E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does using the healing shrines during the butcher cause him to rage faster? It sure as hell seems like it. Finally beat him solo on Inferno, he rages so fast. Wondering if it has something to do with me using the healing shrines since the time seems to vary.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Is there a way to appear offline to one's real ID/friends? My boss wanted my info and I couldn't come up with a polite way to decline without offending.
    I too, would like to know. My boss just walked over to my desk and how far along I was. It took me a second to realize he was indeed talking to me. I'd never seen him online, and I had forgotten that we played SC2 together.

I probably won't use the feature, but it's good to know about just in case.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What the fuck, I want a job that I can sit and play Diablo at.

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Does using the healing shrines during the butcher cause him to rage faster? It sure as hell seems like it. Finally beat him solo on Inferno, he rages so fast. Wondering if it has something to do with me using the healing shrines since the time seems to vary.
    While possible, I think it's just HP base. Seemed like when he got around === or less on the bar, you better fucking kill him or the whole floor's gonna light up. Something a friend of mine noticed, though, is that you can stand at the very bottom of the octagon and not get burnt. I'm sure Blizz will patch it eventually. I wound up using it last night when we were duoing and got both Brief Butchering and Stunning Reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    This is why you don't bid on things. A lot can happen before it ends including finding an upgrade or something similar.
    I've won a few really awesome items for like 2-3k because there was no buyout and I didn't mind putting down 10k and waiting. Currently winning a crazy helmet for a grand total of 312g about 30 hours remain!

But yeah I wouldn't bother bidding otherwise.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    What the fuck, I want a job that I can sit and play Diablo at.
    No one said they were playing the game at work, though I'm sure there are a few people who do.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone on here able to do Act II Inferno with Barb? I can do champ packs near the end of act I and the butcher np now, but when you get to act 2 the difficulty fucking spikes ridiculously, even white mobs are hard.

Currently have 10,089 armor, 12,634 damage, 63,580HP, and resists starting at physical and going down, 226, 166, 166, 265, 232, 262. For passives using Relentless, Nerves of Steel, and Tough as Nails. Stats listed are with Warcry which is up 100% of the time.

I'm just wondering if there are any barbs out there who can do act II comfortably and what their builds are.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When does it start gettin profitable? Starting at inferno? Currently on hell act 2 but everything has been junk so far.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How have people been gearing demon hunters for inferno? Do you just go with a full out glass cannon build since most things will one shot you anyways, or a somewhat defensive build?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Comparing to kripp's setup, you probably need to get better resists. Try changing relentless to superstition and if you're using the hp warcry rune change it to the resist warcry rune.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

There is no appear offline/invisible on battle.net.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok I changed it up a bit here is how it looks now. Got a good deal more resist gear. Lost a little bit of damage and a chunk of HP but I think I might be better off.

Edit: The above stats in my last post were with the resist rune in my Warcry btw, my resists were just much lower.

Edit2: Still confused about some of the reduction stuff, ALL damage is reduced by 77% with armor, Then my lightning resist reduces all lightning damage by 63%. If a mob does 10 lightning damage to me is it first reduced by 77% then the remaining damage by 63%, or first by 63% then by 77%? Also when if it is a missile attack or a melee, then there could even be a 3rd factor in the mix if I had points in those damage reductions.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    How have people been gearing demon hunters for inferno? Do you just go with a full out glass cannon build since most things will one shot you anyways, or a somewhat defensive build?
    Full glass cannon. DH doesn't have any abilities that will allow you to survive a hit (outside of SS which is a reactive ability with a resource cost). Get used to dying, especially in Act III and Act IV to trash packs. Worms, soul rippers, phase beasts, oppressors, and fallen angels are our bane, with the latter two at times giving you nearly no time to react and SS (I've been charged offscreen and one shot before by said mobs).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Confused. Is the server down for anyone else right now or...

I was doing arachnae and at the end of the fight it glitched out. It thought I was still fighting her when I wasnt (I killed her), and all I had was chat function. Game crashed after I tried logging out and then exiting the program, neither of which actually worked...now it won't retrieve my hero list and keeps telling me it timed out. Is it cause of the glitch or the server?

[edit] nvm works now, but kind of worrisome that it timed out about 10x after greenchecking receiving hero list...

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone have some tips for inferno for WD?

I was doing fine with champion packs using the VQ bear build till I hit the crown quest where I could not kill these champ packs. I didn't get to try going back to locust swarm -dmg poison build cause I didn't want to lose my valor buff, but I'll try that next. I run 45k hp 1215vit 650int 4.3k dps (10k? with sh). Still using a 2h cause I haven't found a 1h I liked on AH yet, and not sure if I should offhand mojo or shield.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Edit2: Still confused about some of the reduction stuff, ALL damage is reduced by 77% with armor, Then my lightning resist reduces all lightning damage by 63%. If a mob does 10 lightning damage to me is it first reduced by 77% then the remaining damage by 63%, or first by 63% then by 77%? Also when if it is a missile attack or a melee, then there could even be a 3rd factor in the mix if I had points in those damage reductions.
    It's multiplicative so order doesn't matter. (For armor/resists at least, not sure about ranged/melee but I assume that too.) First is dodge check, then you reduce damage, then you do shield block. So if you had 70% armor reduction, 60% lightning reduction, and 20% melee reduction you should take 9.6% of the damage from a melee lightning attack before shield block.

Also do you have snapshots of your gear? You have almost as much resists as me.. with a lot more damage and hp. And a shit ton more armor. I want to know how you're doing it lol.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep... I'm geared horrible bad wrong. On DH I have 17k health and my damage is 8k. Worse yet, I have 400k to my name at level 60. I don't think that's enough to get good enough gear for Inferno, unless I'm mistaken. I could use some advice as to what stats I should prioritize though, aside from DEX.

I also can't decide if I should be using 2x 1Handed Crossbow, a 2Handed Crossbow, or just a Bow.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

2x 1hand crossbow is basically never the way to go, depends on play style though. 1hand+quiver for attack speed can be pretty useful sometimes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    2x 1hand crossbow is basically never the way to go, depends on play style though. 1hand+quiver for attack speed can be pretty useful sometimes.
    May I ask why? I've yet to find any crossbow or bow that gives me higher DPS than 2x 1-hand, or higher Discipline gain.

2 one handers should never be stronger than a 2hander. The damage on them doesn't stack up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast