+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I want that impunity rune as it looks to be a necessity for inferno. Which quest did you start on?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seismic Slam + Draw In Rune = Dunno how i'd live without it. That and weapon throw + multihit rune are two things I dont know how i'd deal without; all those ranged mobs makes that such a nice skill to have.

Slam + Earthquake + Frenzy = easy mob deaths.

DW 1H just seems more fun to me as well.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I want that impunity rune as it looks to be a necessity for inferno. Which quest did you start on?
    City of Blood > Lair of the Witch.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Question for my WD : I'm really confused as to what stats to stack.
    Besides high dps weapon, straight up INT or +dmg will be your better stat for dealing damage, I'd say vit/crit% --> crit dmg. depending on your playstyle and partners.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just tried Act 3 Inferno with my barbarian, seriously, how do you guys farm that shit with a barb? a single Fallen hits me for 5k, the big one with horns that jumps and swing their weapon down take 1/2 of my life with that, and there's literally two dozen of them on screen

It is definitely possible to crawl my way through, but that means dying endless times and wasting all the gold I get repairing, that's no farming to me, and no fun.

Maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong, I don't think getting 400 more resist and reducing their damage 10% tops would be of much help at this point lol

I'm using this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VRP!beV!ZcccbZ Sword and Board, my stats are: 50k Life, 14k DPS, 9k Armor and 500-600 resist buffed

Halp D:!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but how well should I be able to run D3 on this laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15....0dv6&cp=1&lp=1 ? Mid settings at least?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but how well should I be able to run D3 on this laptop: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+15....0dv6&cp=1&lp=1 ? Mid settings at least?
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/5865/l...-performance/3

1600x900 Mid/High settings

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5865/46970.png

Looks like about 27 FPS average

Edit: Just saw it's a 1366x768 display, according to anand, it would run in the mid/high 30's with low settings, probably in the low 30's with medium settings

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dominico View Post
    You'd be able to run Diablo on high settings with that, but, don't buy a HP laptop.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Any classes have better luck at inferno? I'm fucking fed up with witch doctor.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wizard or DH generally does the best when it comes to soloing Act 3 and beyond in Inferno. I have a very well geared Barb friend, however, that pulled 2 different champion packs on the Siegebreaker bridge in Act 3 then proceeded to AoE them both down along with the normal mobs that came with them, lol, Granted they weren't something horrible like Firechains (for melee) but still my jaw was hanging lol (this was a 2man game too).

So in other words if you have masssssssive gear, Barbs seem to be fucking amazing. On the other hand, Wizards and DHs don't take nearly as much gear to be somewhat functional in A3 and A4 (be prepared to die a bunch on DH until you get high DPS though).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Yea, ranged classes ftw. My barb is 58 now and there are a lot of run in, zerg, die, repeat for me even in hell/act 3. I'm sure my gear isn't the best but I contemplate leveling a wizard every time I log on...lol.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I just really dislike the "working" inferno builds for WD. Spam poison darts and kite, but with shitty kiting abilities. 4 CC's, of which 2-3 don't work on bosses. Or use a VQ build, spam bears in melee range with no cc and prey you kill it before getting touched. Just not playstyles I'm liking. I've spent so much money, yet still have trouble on butcher, let alone act2/3 stuff.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Has Blizzard announced any sort of Invisible online function so you can play without appearing online?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

If you go into the Social tab of the Options page and turn off "Allow Quick Join," people won't be able to join your games without an invite. People might still pester you with whispers but at least they won't be fucking you over while kiting an elite pack in Inferno or something.

But your boss will still see you playing after you called in sick.

No, no invisible feature. Welcome to Battle.Net 0.2

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, I've already disabled Quick Joining, but I'd still rather have some sort of Invisibility. A friend of mine temporarily bugged into it by accident, which made me wonder if there was something in the works along the way.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Wizard or DH generally does the best when it comes to soloing Act 3 and beyond in Inferno. I have a very well geared Barb friend, however, that pulled 2 different champion packs on the Siegebreaker bridge in Act 3 then proceeded to AoE them both down along with the normal mobs that came with them, lol, Granted they weren't something horrible like Firechains (for melee) but still my jaw was hanging lol (this was a 2man game too).

So in other words if you have masssssssive gear, Barbs seem to be fucking amazing. On the other hand, Wizards and DHs don't take nearly as much gear to be somewhat functional in A3 and A4 (be prepared to die a bunch on DH until you get high DPS though).
    Any idea what resists/armor your friend had?

I'm up to this point now defensive wise. I can do Act II but still touch and go with some elite packs. Shielding enemies are terrible as well as those fucking flying bugs that shoot out the mini bugs. Pain in the ass to kill them since they just keep running away. I'm running a life steal build as well which is working well, but my damage goes down more each time I upgrade my resists so it's like ugh.

Spoiler: show

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What slots besides weapon and belt have life leech (not life after kill)? I'm cruising through the AH trying to give my Barb another whirl in Inferno and I swear I can't find another slot with it.

Arximiro is your 9% life leech shown in your stats including the 3% from the passive ability? If so, that makes sense.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Afaik only weapon and belt have it, then you throw on bloodthirst. There may be some legendaries out there that have it, but I don't know of any.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Not sure, but I do know he uses life on hit weapons rather than lifesteal %. IIRC his weapon was 900ish DPS with 1x IAS and 950? or so life on hit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast