BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Diablo III Random Question Thread I : Clever Title

Since we don't have one of these I thought I would make one, because a lot of us keep asking questions in misc. threads.

To my question though,

Does Blizzard have a designated place where they post patch notes? This is the first Blizzard game I've played since D2. Not entirely sure if there is a designated place or they will just make a post on the forum.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

is it true that only one follower can accompany us at a time ?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

How does weapon DPS work in AH listings?

Basically, if I sort by DPS descending, it will go 350 349 347 330dps etc. But sometimes its out of order due to a gem or something. Is the +dmg on the weapon, like +12-20dmg factored into the overall dps on the weapon listing? Is there anyway to truly see which weapon will be the highest dps before buying it (due to stats like int or str also being on the item)?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by supercoco View Post
    is it true that only one follower can accompany us at a time ?
    Yes and no

You can only Hire 1 At a time but

Exemple in ACT 2 and you have hired the templar, the enchantress will still follow you for the mission part, but after that she will go back to town

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Since we don't have one of these I thought I would make one, because a lot of us keep asking questions in misc. threads.

To my question though,

Does Blizzard have a designated place where they post patch notes? This is the first Blizzard game I've played since D2. Not entirely sure if there is a designated place or they will just make a post on the forum.
    They usually post patch notes somewhere on their website or in their forum, after that sites like mmochampion as well as others put it on their main page for easy access.

This maintenance/patch/fix/whatever thats going on right now since last night, was not posted in detail about yet. Lot of rage on forums about them not updating the community. They are typically very good about it, at least with other games.

i wanted to buy diablo 3 for myself and give my lil' bro a guest pass, but i have a few doubts: starter edition and guest pass are the same thing? if yes i guess all the following questions are pointless, but still.
    will we able to play together with a full game and a "guest pass'd" game? how limited will his gameplay be?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by m4th_ View Post
    i wanted to buy diablo 3 for myself and give my lil' bro a guest pass, but i have a few doubts: starter edition and guest pass are the same thing? if yes i guess all the following questions are pointless, but still.
    will we able to play together with a full game and a "guest pass'd" game? how limited will his gameplay be?
    From the Guess pass thread

To clarify since I saw someone say "see you in game" guest passes cannot play with retail version ppl and vise versa.

So unless you or lil bro want Diablo 1 and II or the artbook

get Standard X2

cheers, and that's meh.
    guess i'll go for a guest pass first and see if he likes it first.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

Basically, if I sort by DPS descending, it will go 350 349 347 330dps etc. But sometimes its out of order due to a gem or something. Is the +dmg on the weapon, like +12-20dmg factored into the overall dps on the weapon listing? Is there anyway to truly see which weapon will be the highest dps before buying it (due to stats like int or str also being on the item)?
    On the stats, don't think so. The tooltips don't properly reflect it at the moment, as far as I can tell. As for the +damage on the actual weapon, pretty sure it's factored into the DPS, but it doesn't count gems. You can check it yourself by hovering over your own weapons on the AH screen, it subtracts the added damage from a ruby and just shows the weapon's base DPS.

Banned.

BG Level

P. Sure AH factors gems on the search

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    P. Sure AH factors gems on the search
    It factors stat gems, but after buying weapons with rubies in them and seeing the damage go up from what was listed on the AH, I'm just shy of absolutely positive that it doesn't calculate the jump from a socketed ruby.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    It factors stat gems, but after buying weapons with rubies in them and seeing the damage go up from what was listed on the AH, I'm just shy of absolutely positive that it doesn't calculate the jump from a socketed ruby.
    this is semi-correct, afaik stats aren't factored into it at all (i.e. identical weaps one with 50 dex one with 0 will show same dps), the damage from gems does not show on AH, but any extra damage on the actual weapon is included

Siralin

Anyone else feel like they're cheating when they use twin chakrams? Seems completely broken to be, but I havent played my demon hunter very much either...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    this is semi-correct, afaik stats aren't factored into it at all (i.e. identical weaps one with 50 dex one with 0 will show same dps), the damage from gems does not show on AH, but any extra damage on the actual weapon is included
    Right, that's what I said in the earlier post.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Billy Bobe
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

How hard is Whimsyshire?

If say I wanted to do it in Nightmare difficulty, how much harder than Act IV Nightmare would it be?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

The ordering shown is correct from highest to lowest DPS. The number shown is what's wrong - it only shows the weapon's base DPS, ignoring things like gems. It looks wrong, but the order is right, it's the number and the tooltip that are actually wrong. They'll display properly if you buy the weapon and look at it in your inventory.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Bilopdop View Post
    How hard is Whimsyshire?

If say I wanted to do it in Nightmare difficulty, how much harder than Act IV Nightmare would it be?
    It's about on par with Act IV., maybe a little over/under depending on the mob in question.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

We felt it was almost an Act 4.5

Act IV.V?

Its not easier than Act4, but its not really that much harder. It does take place after the main story so that's why we were coining it 4.5 to a friend who wanted in.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What's so effective about Bola Shot? I'm seeing it on tons of hardcore DH builds. Granted it was runeless but I was kinda underwhelmed by it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You can rune it for stunning, so maybe that's what they are using it for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast