+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

How much would you guys be willing to sell some of the higher tier gems at?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

HOnestly, I think it's a matter of preference. If I had an epic bow like Ezek does with that 25% attack speed add on, then you could get one of those quivers.. then maybe I"d go Bow (since you get the added damage as well from the passive), but right now.. I'm pretty okay with the dual wielding and I'm only in Hell Act 2.

But both of my one handers are the level 54 I think.. well one's 51, one's 54, both have decent-ish damage for the level, both have attack speed +, a socket, +a good bit of dex and + a good bit of vitality, so that's why I've stuck with em and only use bows usually with those stats.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Altwight, I have about 300 tomes I can sell you. Slott#1164 That being said, i got some more boots ;D Will link incase anyone wants to buy/offer/trade.

If you want to trade, I'm looking for DH stuff.

Also, 2h is the way to go. Higher damage, and the bonus from a quiver (especially a well rolled dead man's legacy) beats out a 2nd 1h xbow by a huge margin.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    Altwight, I have about 300 tomes I can sell you. Slott#1164 That being said, i got some more boots ;D Will link incase anyone wants to buy/offer/trade.

Also, 2h is the way to go. Higher damage, and the bonus from a quiver (especially a well rolled dead man's legacy) beats out a 2nd 1h xbow by a huge margin.
    Way to ruin my day

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post

I disagree and say a hand crossbow with a quiver > everything else.

Speed is the clear winner here and nothing is faster. 2.0 attacks per second on a 25% IAS hand crossbow is sooooooooooooo good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Just got this, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Way to ruin my day
    to ruin it further, the fact that you have different level weapons means you're actually losing significant damage on half your attacks

dual wielding doesn't add attacks like ffxi or wow, it makes your attacks alternate between one and the other

i.e. you'd probably be better off with your lv 54 weap and nothing in the offhand than dual wielding with a lv 51

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow you got close to perfect rolls on that mara. +100dex too. If only it didn't get lol health globe bonus. You can definitely sell that for more than pretty penny though.

dual wielding doesn't add attacks like ffxi or wow, it makes your attacks alternate between one and the other
    Well, with the 15% IAS, it's pretty close to DW1+Suppanomimi or DW2 lol.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    to ruin it further, the fact that you have different level weapons means you're actually losing significant damage on half your attacks

i.e. you'd probably be better off with your lv 54 weap and nothing in the offhand than dual wielding with a lv 51
    But removing one lowers my DPS quite significantly.. so I don't really understand why I'd be better off with nothing in the offhand >.>

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

The +15% IAS is what's increasing the DPS stat you're looking at. But if you actually watch or record your attack numbers you'll notice your first and third attacks will be different then your second and fourth. Easiest way to show this is to use a level 1 as an off-hand.

So if your off-hand is significantly weaker then your main, it may be beneficial to actually only use a single 1 handed weapon. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    The +15% IAS is what's increasing the DPS stat you're looking at. But if you actually watch or record your attack numbers you'll notice your first and third attacks will be different then your second and fourth. Easiest way to show this is to use a level 1 as an off-hand.

So if your off-hand is significantly weaker then your main, it may be beneficial to actually only use a single 1 handed weapon. Sounds crazy, but it's true.
    Very weird. :<

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Shitty design is what it is.

Ridill
    BG Level

It's... interesting.

The one place it actually gets really really good is if you can get 2 equally badass weapons with + attacks per second on them, because they apply to both. That + a good amount of attack speed and I believe you can cross 3 aps.

One other thing you should know is it doesn't like average the aps or anything. If you have, say, an xbow with 25% speed in mainhand and 0 in offhand, your delay will also alternate with each shot.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How does it sound crazy? If you go grab a sword and a spoon and start swinging at shit, you can bet you'd probably be better off with just a sword.

It makes perfect sense honestly, with the potential to get stats and bonuses from both weapons as well as the IAS boost, it SHOULD require you to make sure that both weapons are good in terms of DPS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

DW with excellent rolls on both weapons with x2 open sockets (1k+ DPS 1hand xbows with +Max Discipline, Dex, IAS, and Crit dmg) is the best combination in the game right now for DH, especially since you can put x2 Crit dmg emeralds in both weapons, giving you a huge crit damage modifier advantage. In other words, 2h Bow/Xbow with quiver is very powerful early on but get outpaced once you get x2 godly 1h xbows.

Also, only 1h Xbows have the possibility of getting a +Max Discipline roll

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Yeah, it'll just be rough getting 2 exorcist high rolls over a really good hellion. :/

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    DW with excellent rolls on both weapons with x2 open sockets (1k+ DPS 1hand xbows with +Max Discipline, Dex, IAS, and Crit dmg) is the best combination in the game right now for DH, especially since you can put x2 Crit dmg emeralds in both weapons, giving you a huge crit damage modifier advantage. In other words, 2h Bow/Xbow with quiver is very powerful early on but get outpaced once you get x2 godly 1h xbows.

Also, only 1h Xbows have the possibility of getting a +Max Discipline roll
    See, I knew it was possible.. but yeah, you'd need two really, really godly 1handers and I doubt I'll come across that, but I'm working on it!

Siralin

Anyone want to part with a 1 handed crossbow around 1k dps for 1.4m?

Also, what are some other sites for trading/sales?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

D2JSP

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

d2jsp is "ok" for d3, but you can always sell items for more on the actual AH. Sometimes you come across good buys though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast