Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glyph Builds     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Yes, rare glyphs come from a level 58 dungeon called the "training grounds" in Korean. It's not implemented for us yet, though I have heard talk that EME is adjusting it to make it level 60 for NA.

This is my current warrior tanking glyph setup.

Will post my dps spec after I finalize it.

I would appreciate any advice.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    More or less this. For instance, I don't know that I'd focus that much on void pulse if I was going PvP build since you have to either get in somebody's face, or get extraordinarily lucky to hit them with it. I guess you could technically sleep somebody, release a pulse from 12m out, and hit them with a celerity'd fire blast right as it hits. Still, that'd be pushing it, and it's likely they'd escape one or the other. You'd be better glyphing barrier more, and probably some of the buffs on the recover move. I'd also do both hailstorms since that's a great way to slow down annoying melee classes that you'll be kiting.
    Oh, absolutely. This is not a pvp build. I'll change it up completely when I'm more focused on that. Still need my enigmatics though.

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    This is my current warrior tanking glyph setup.

Will post my dps spec after I finalize it.

I would appreciate any advice.
    Personally, I would look into glyphing Battle Cry a bit for tanking.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl View Post
    Personally, I would look into glyphing Battle Cry a bit for tanking.
    I haven't really learned to tank yet on War, but I don't imagine rain of blows health glyph being all that useful...Torrent of blows Enmity+ and battle cry as well, methinks.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Rain of Blows health glyph is useless for all but soloing imo. Gonna have to echo the two other posters.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm only 45, but I think this would be a solid build for strictly tanking as war.

Thoughts?

http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#wa...00001000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    I'm only 45, but I think this would be a solid build for strictly tanking as war.

Thoughts?

http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#wa...00001000000000
    I would include Glyph of Energy for Battle Cry (Cooldown -20%) and maybe also Backstab (Cooldown -25%).

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I would include Glyph of Energy for Battle Cry (Cooldown -20%) and maybe also Backstab (Cooldown -25%).
    Question about tanking: Is backstab all that useful? Wouldn't it wind up turning the mob quite a bit or result in those "Swing" turn around moves?

As far as those, what would you get rid of in their place?

Well, backstab is useful for stunning the mob, as well as catching up to it when it decides to do a wander-run-around-while-doing-dmg type move or if it goes after someone who temporarily pulls hate. It also provides a decent little boost in aggro. Pop it as needed, then evasive roll back to the front of the mob if you don't want to turn the mob around. Depends on your tanking style though - this might be too mush hassle for you.

As for glyphs you could drop from your setup: Combative Strike - Glyph of the sanative, Staggering Counter - Glyph of lingering

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

As for glyphs you could drop from your setup: Combative Strike - Glyph of the sanative, Staggering Counter - Glyph of lingering
    Going based off the build in question being a planned endgame glyph build, I couldn't disagree more on those two gylphs being very useful.

Stuns are a huge part of a warrior's arsenal, so capitalizing on those stuns by increasing their duration is a huge benefit, as it keeps the mob locked in place for that much longer while your DPS continue to hack away at it. Additionally, Combative Strike's damage dealing potential is quite large, and if you pair that with its short cooldown, there's no reason you shouldn't be using it often enough to warrant the decreased HP cost (which, at Lv60, is about approximately 4000HP, cut down to 2000 with Glyph of the Sanative); I'm not saying you spam it on cooldown, but it should definitely be one of your most used skills. At the same time, since you'll be using it frequently, you won't need to increase it's duration since you'll be reapplying is so often, so you can take off Glyph of Lingering on it.

Additionally, from my experiences, the Glyph of Threat on Battle Cry has minimal returns; you can't spam it anywhere remotely close to as much as you can Torrent of Blows, and, to top it off, Torrent of Blows provides more hate than Battle Cry does to begin with, so just spam Torrent of Blows and save yourself three glyph points; save Battle Cry for that "oh shit" moment if a mob runs off after someone and you can't get within range to use Torrent of Blows, or if you need a quick stun, or if a bunch adds spawn and you need to get them initially on you and off someone else, at which when they come within range of you, you can Torrent of Blows them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    Going based off the build in question being a planned endgame glyph build, I couldn't disagree more on those two gylphs.

Stuns are a huge part of a warrior's arsenal, so capitalizing on those stuns by increasing their duration is a huge benefit, as it keeps the mob locked in place for that much longer while your DPS continue to hack away at it. Additionally, Combative Strike's damage dealing potential is quite large, and if you pair that with its short cooldown, there's no reason you shouldn't be using it often enough to warrant the decreased HP cost (which, at Lv60, is about approximately 4000HP, cut down to 2000 with Glyph of the Sanative); I'm not saying you spam it on cooldown, but it should definitely be one of your most used skills. At the same time, since you'll be using it frequently, you won't need to increase it's duration since you'll be reapplying is so often, so you can take off Glyph of Lingering on it.

Additionally, from my experiences, the Glyph of Threat on Battle Cry has minimal returns; you can't spam it anywhere remotely close to as much as you can Torrent of Blows, and, to top it off, Torrent of Blows provides more hate than Battle Cry does to begin with, so just spam Torrent of Blows and save yourself three glyph points; save Battle Cry for that "oh shit" moment if a mob runs off after someone and you can't get within range to use Torrent of Blows, or if you need a quick stun, or if a bunch adds spawn and you need to get them initially on you and off someone else, at which when they come within range of you, you can Torrent of Blows them.
    Listen to this guy. Combative Strike is awesome for all the aforementioned reasons and it's an opener for Rain of Blows and Traverse Cut. I personally also find it very difficult to pass up Blade Draw damage glyph even while tanking. It's very easy to add them in after Vortex Slash and Rising Fury, though your chances to use it after Traverse Cut will be slim when you are holding aggro (but do so when you can so long as Torrent of Blows is on cooldown and you don't need to dodge anything at the time!).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is what I'm using on my 53 Mystic currently - http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#my...00010000000000

Mostly built towards party usage, but recently putting some DPS shit in because hardly anyone wants to party outside of BAM/Instances, and I'm getting tired of how fucking slow Mystic kills stuff at 50+.

I'll probably end up dropping the two ball glyphs to free up 7 points for something else at some point. They were nice at lower levels, but I'm mostly spamming blue balls when in groups unless I got 3 melee DPS to worry about.

Well, it's a careful balance of survival, stunning, and DPS/threat. As for staggering counter - I don't think glyph of lingering is worth it due to the minimal duration increase and the high cooldown time of 30 seconds.

Try different setups and see what you like!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Staggering Counter is 15, you're thinking Cascade of Stuns

You are correct. My bad!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Posting all of the builds people have posted in the OP from now on. And changed mine. >.>

Also, I posted in some filler builds for other classes, but I have very little experience with them and pretty much just made them up entirely.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

omg MASTER GLYPHS TOMORROW FINALLY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Once I'm full on the master glyphs, http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...10100001110000 will prolly be what mine looks like.