• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just got a new laptop and have problems already.

i bought a Maingear alt-15, and it bragged about how good its touchpad is.. turns out when i got it the drivers were not installed for the touchpad and i couldnt use any function other than point and click.

I put in the driver disk thinking that if i install that stuff it will simply work. Nope.
    whenever i try to mess with any settings it says "Sorry... xxx requires a synaptics touchpad and the synaptics pointing device driver."

http://www.notebookforums.com/t/2369...st-impressions has a similar error but his hotfix didnt work.

I uninstall that driver, restart my laptop then go to the synaptics website for their latest official driver, and i still get the same error.

When i go to control panel and view it in my hardware, it recognizes as a synaptics touchpad before any type of driver comes around. anyone have advice before i can get hold of their customer support? this problem along with many others through this service as a whole i've received is really making me want to get as much of a refund as i can and just wash my hands of this company; but i do want to try to get this working before i go that route.

edit: oh yeah, in the mobility center for it i can't do ANY changes to the brightness of the screen or through the function keys.

Spoiler: show
    they emailed me saying they were taking an extra week on this to ensure quality as well............ lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Looks like that's actually a Clevo W250EQ, in which case you're better of seeking advice here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sage...wners-lounges/

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

there's no w250EQ in what you linked from what i could see, but i'll looksee.

edit: it appears what i have is a sager np6165, but there's no thread on that.

edit: http://forum.notebookreview.com/sage...rs-lounge.html found it they labelled it wrong

edit edit: its a Clevo w150 ER

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How much did you pay for this no-name netbook?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Who sold the laptop? Typically, you receive customer service through the reseller rather than Clevo/Sager directly. BIOS update perhaps (No clue what I'm talking about there, but wouldn't be a bad idea)? Also, try Sager's drivers here: http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=support

Edit: Clevo's is here http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/Download.asp

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

i thought i said what it was? Maingear is the maker.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh, I thought that was just the model's name (Sager, Clevo, and Malibel? are the same), not the website.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

yeah...

Well, turns out they gave me the wrong driver disk and once we finally found out which proper one from clevo everything is allllll hunky dory now. Woo.