FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Public Service Announcement: Authenticators for blizzard games are free for your phone!

I'm sure most people know this but with the influx of hacks out there, it's probably a good idea to put this out there. There's no reason to not have an authenticator for a blizzard game. Did you feel the SE authenticator was too annoying having to input your code every time? Well you're in luck! Simply enable to remember your locations in account options and only ever have to authenticate your computer every now and then rather than every login, all while keeping the most common exploits out. There is NO reason to not have an authenticator.

Get them for your mobile phone free here: https://us.battle.net/account/suppor...-download.html

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

nvm idiot

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Guys c'mon inputting a string of 7ish numbers once a week is hard

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Sooo, is there any sort of security option for us people who don't waltz around life with a computer in our pockets? My phone texts and talks, that is all I need it to do.

Is there somewhere you can turn on the ability to force a password reset or something if your account is accessed from a different location? I don't intend to play this game from anywhere but my home computer.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...henticator-faq

Edit: looks like that's for WoW only at the moment. You could always emulate widows phone on your pc and install the authenticator on that.

Blackice

Stickied.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Stickied.
    Why

Blackice

Because I wanted to? Deal with it.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Sooo, is there any sort of security option for us people who don't waltz around life with a computer in our pockets? My phone texts and talks, that is all I need it to do
    the option is dont play the game basically. blizzard is like FFXI during RMT christmas, everyones shit is getting stolen and sold

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Sooo, is there any sort of security option for us people who don't waltz around life with a computer in our pockets? My phone texts and talks, that is all I need it to do.

Is there somewhere you can turn on the ability to force a password reset or something if your account is accessed from a different location? I don't intend to play this game from anywhere but my home computer.
    If you don't have a smartphone there is a dial-in authenticator if you live in the United States.

Now with added Dial in account features.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1113829#blog

Over the years, Blizzard has provided players with various tools and resources, such as the Battle.net Authenticator and Account Security Awareness pages, to help you keep your account information safe, secure, and in the right hands. As part of our ongoing commitment to account security, we’re happy to announce the release of a new account security feature, the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator.

Similar to the Battle.net Authenticator and Mobile Authenticator application, the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is an optional tool that provides an additional layer of security against unauthorized account access. The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is not a physical token or application run on a mobile device, however. Instead, it is a free opt-in service that will actively monitor an account and request additional authorization from the user when a potentially unauthorized login attempt occurs. (Pretty cool, huh?)

If you sign up for the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator, you will be asked to make a toll-free phone call from a specific phone of your choosing to authorize unusual login attempts with the associated Battle.net account. Please note that you will only be asked to make this phone call when something about your login attempt appears out of the ordinary. For example, if you were to log in from a location from which you do not typically play, you may be asked to call in and provide your selected PIN and a unique, single-use security code before access to the account will be granted.

Sign-up and use of the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is completely free and is currently compatible with World of Warcraft and Battle.net Account Management logins. So, what are you waiting for? To learn more about this service and find out how you can take your account’s security to the next level, check out the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator FAQ today.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

That doesn't work for d3 or sc2. It's wow only at the moment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

if you can't bother with the whole phone thing and still want it free.

http://code.google.com/p/winauth/

it works perfectly just the same.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I changed mine from once a week to everytime, a bit of a hassle but I can handle it. I was curious however if someone logs onto the game from a different machine if it will ask for the auth number regardless if you have the once a week enabled. If so once a week would be fine since they would need a code to login from another machine.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    I changed mine from once a week to everytime, a bit of a hassle but I can handle it. I was curious however if someone logs onto the game from a different machine if it will ask for the auth number regardless if you have the once a week enabled. If so once a week would be fine since they would need a code to login from another machine.
    Yes.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I can speak from experience that d3 will require authentication if you change your IP even if you're on the same machine. Had to do it 3 times in a 24 hr period logging on my laptop at 3 locations over that time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Zune is retarded and it tells me that the authenticator isn't available in my area which is odd since I live in the US. I really hate this proprietary software crap like zune and itunes, they're a bitch to set up correctly and windows phones are broken as shit right now (mine can't even get through a full update because microsoft is lazy and stupid apparently). Bleh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

win authhhhhhhh