1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Showing a CGI trailer is not effective marketing, so nothing was lost anyway.
    Well, I was hoping there would be some gameplay included in the trailer as well. But this is SE, so....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Well, the public release of version 2.0 is set to kickoff with this year’s E3 in Los Angeles. We also plan to unveil a brand new promotion site for version 2.0 soon after E3 ends.
    Sounds like there will still be stuff at E3 and then they'll release a website after E3.

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Sounds like there will still be stuff at E3 and then they'll release a website after E3.
    I think that statement means we're getting an announcement that 2.0 is a thing, and nothing more. Sounds like the content will have to wait for the website.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    I don't even know why I bother keeping my hopes up anymore. 2.0 might be great, but the game will still die without effective marketing.
    The Producer flying to LA means they're going to do something. Considering how busy they are I doubt he'd just go there to see the show.
    Starting off the marketing campaign at Sony's conference like they're probably doing is more effective than simply showing the new intro.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The Producer flying to LA means they're going to do something. Considering how busy they are I doubt he'd just go there to see the show.
    Starting off the marketing campaign at Sony's conference like they're probably doing is more effective than simply showing the new intro.
    That would certainly be the best case scenario. The next likely scenario is he is going down there to perform a new live producer letter from the E3 show floor. Maybe a combination of both, but he is going to do 'something' down there. He wants to get people interested in the new site that is set to be launched. I am guessing the big 'promotional' campaign is going to start around Gamescon which starts on 19th of August. FFXIV had its first demo at gamescon, plus there is PAX Prime at the end of August. Those two conventions may not be the same size as E3, but they still get some proper exposure, plus a lot of PC MMO's have been using PAX as a prime spot to demo their games lately.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Where does it say that? I didn't get that impression at all. It only says they'll make some website with 2.0 info after E3 that no one except current players will go to.

My guess is, likely they'll show a few clips of jobs and other 1.X crap as if anyone's going to care. Yes, the game has come a long way, but the vast majority of gamers still regard it as a massive failure. The improvements, while significant and needed, will not be able to make a splash at that kind of a convention. The "2.0" re-branding as a "new" game is something they should be taking advantage of, now.
    Here:
    Well, the public release of version 2.0 is set to kickoff with this year’s E3 in Los Angeles. We also plan to unveil a brand new promotion site for version 2.0 soon after E3 ends.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i am sadded at the lack of a cinematic trailer. that would have probably created a fair bit of hype for me..

however, if in Aug it comes with a flood of new info like system and maps and all, i think i'd be even happier.. so I'll look forward to that.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

There's a lot I want to see from 2.0 but if they show how the UI and just controlling the game in general isn't a laggy pile of shit anymore I won't mind having to wait longer for more info.

Curious about animation locks too. If spells still lock you when you finish casting even though they already added no casting while moving (which should be all the 'locking' you need for gameplay purposes) or if I still see characters squatting down to take a dump for every self buff I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Here:
    That doesn't really suggest to me that they're doing anything besides announcing the existence of 2.0 at E3. They'll have actual information, videos, screenshots on the website.

If I'm wrong that would be a pleasant surprise, however.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That doesn't really suggest to me that they're doing anything besides announcing the existence of 2.0 at E3. They'll have actual information, videos, screenshots on the website.

If I'm wrong that would be a pleasant surprise, however.
    Yoshida is going to be there so interviews are extremely likely at minimum, they could have a live letter or a live demonstration (Either at Sony Press conference or in the live letter if there is one) but personally I think its best to just expect interviews with maybe some promotional material getting released ahead of time on places like Famitsu (Usually promotional material shows up on Famitsu's homepage first before it goes live, at least that's how it has worked in the past, even for FFXIV before launch). Outside of the trailer being shown the promotional site was really the only other thing 'scheduled' to go live at E3. Furthermore this 'trailer' has only really been confirmed to be a promotional FMV trailer designed by Visual Works, it was announced as such back in early 2.0 interviews and now even further by this producer letter. Yoshida said he doesn't like the idea of showing only FMV stuff as people's first real exposure to 2.0, if that was all they could scrounge up for a show floor reveal then it might explain further why the decided to delay it to August. At least they gave a new date for when to expect new stuff, that's better then Versus is getting XD.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm expecting them to release an easily digestible version of the 2.0 docs that were already released. I'm hoping that the 2.0 promo site will have some screenshots the remade zones, and UI and stuff. I could care less about a cinematic trailer at the moment. I wanna see how far they've come these 2 years.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I'm expecting them to release an easily digestible version of the 2.0 docs that were already released. I'm hoping that the 2.0 promo site will have some screenshots the remade zones, and UI and stuff. I could care less about a cinematic trailer at the moment. I wanna see how far they've come these 2 years.
    This for sure. I don't want concept art anymore... Need some screenshots or in-game footage. Cinematic trailer can go to hell for all I care.

I have faith in Yoshi-P though. He will deliver. I'm betting on it, literally.

I'm sure I'd enjoy a cinematic since all my favorite ones are done by the guys SE uses. However, I finally want to see the UI design and the screenshots of the new graphics. It important for me that they keep the graphic quality we've had so far. I know bunch of new stuff is coming, I have no doubt it's gonna be great. Atleast a short gameplay footage would be enough for me but they really should use E3 to build hype.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Many people don't have a decent enough PC to play this like me so we are patiently waiting for the ps3 version I know I am. We haven't had an opportunity to hate this game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Either way it's probably a smart decision and it's something Sony also does. Sony has already announced a bunch of games without waiting for E3 and it's the best way to generate hype because otherwise you get those 10 seconds of super interest which is quickly replaced by another game later on.
    I really hope there is something at the very least though.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post

This is the best decision Yoshi could have come up with; keep your cards close to you until you're sure you have a winning hand.
    You gotta know when to hold em', etc

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And I support him for it. Its probably the only logical approach to an event that could go very well (minds blown, lots of new stuff, confirmations of all of our alleviated fears), or very poorly (more of the same CGI, more concepts that will never make it into game, flashy graphics with little substance, no showing of player-desired/demanded requests), and I think the Yosh' understands that.

We've had to wait this long. A bit more of a wait won't hurt, especially now that 2 of the 3 big swordy games (TERA, D3) of the year have already come out, and only one more set to release at some point. There's very little to distract people from SE's release of information now, once it finally arrives.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i don't have a problem at all with him holding off now and blowing up the scene at E3.

chances are rather minuscule that a trailer right at this moment will have a lasting impact on people's decisions to play the game. it's gonna be the E3 stuff that either gets you there or doesn't.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    yeah i don't have a problem at all with him holding off now and blowing up the scene at E3.

chances are rather minuscule that a trailer right at this moment will have a lasting impact on people's decisions to play the game. it's gonna be the E3 stuff that either gets you there or doesn't.
    Huh? There wasn't supposed to be anything released before E3 anyway. They just changed what they will show at E3, but with their wording I'm still pretty hesistant whether for better or worse.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think its a missed opportunity to have nothing to show for at E3(trailer wise) because this game is going to be an uphill battle out in the west since thats where the most options are for MMO gamers. I think 2.0 is going to do very well in the east, the Japanese players will certainly eat it up.

I guess its a no-win for them because they didn't have enough to show to warrant.