1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I think its a missed opportunity to have nothing to show for at E3(trailer wise) because this game is going to be an uphill battle out in the west since thats where the most options are for MMO gamers. I think 2.0 is going to do very well in the east, the Japanese players will certainly eat it up.

I guess its a no-win for them because they didn't have enough to show to warrant.
    I'm not so sure about that.
    Recent FFs are actually less popular in Japan compared to the west and Japanese players are starting to open up to western games like Skyrim. If this keeps going then I don't see 2.0 performing well in Japan.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

At this point it's a bit concerning that they don't have more to show given how long they've allegedly been working on it and how close we are to its release. Was this not how the game was handled when it was released the first time? I hope it's not an ill omen...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Nevex> not even recent. FF has always been more popular in the west than it is in Japan. In fact, DQ is bigger in Japan than FF is. it strikes me as strange honestly.. but im thinking they're focusing on FF more because its a bigger brand internationally and thats where all the money is at.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you guys are expecting anything more than artwork and mock-ups at E3 you're fools.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Nevex> not even recent. FF has always been more popular in the west than it is in Japan.
    I think that might be true post-FFVII, but prior to that, the West didn't even get half of the games. The lack of an English SNES FFV was particularly telling.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I think that might be true post-FFVII, but prior to that, the West didn't even get half of the games. The lack of an English SNES FFV was particularly telling.
    Yep, the real reason that FFVII is considered the god-RPG by so many crazy fanboys is that it was their first taste of the series, the one that made it even blow up over here.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://kotaku.com/5914218/square-eni...-final-fantasy

SE's E3 Line-up. No FFXIV on the list.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not much of anything on that list, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few announcements made and they might consider 'realm reborn' or whatever 2.0's going to be called to be enough of an unknown to get a teaser. It seems unlikely that there won't be much FF stuff this E3 considering they opened the 25th anniversary site yesterday, and we know 2.0's new site is going up shortly after E3.

A bit off topic but apparently Wada says something on the 25th anniversary site about them using it as an opportunity to work on the next 25 years of the franchise or whatever (according to Andriasang), so to me that suggests there's probably a few announcements in the works.

Edit:
    "We'll take the 25th anniversary as an opportunity to begin our walk towards the next 25 years,"
    Probably just BS but it seems indicative considering we're so close to a big gaming event. The rest of the stuff he said about the creators of new FF's being people who feel the love of the franchise stronger than anyone else is obviously bull when you consider they have people like Tanaka running some of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    If you guys are expecting anything more than artwork and mock-ups at E3 you're fools.
    this is accurate.

that trailer was the only chance we had to see actual footage of this game

i'd bet some serious gil on that, if i still played

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    this is accurate.

that trailer was the only chance we had to see actual footage of this game

i'd bet some serious gil on that, if i still played
    I expect three things to happen at E3. New producer Letter (this is confirmed since it was stated in the producer letter this topic is about, although it will mostly be about the last half of the players poll), new promotional site launch for 2.0 with a 3rd Party blow out from Famitsu a couple days before it releases (or the day it releases) in the middle of E3 which will showcase any and all new info we were going to get from E3 that wasn't a trailer. And finally several interviews with Yoshida by various media groups at E3.

Anything more then that is asking for too much as 1) they don't have something made for a press conference, the trailer was the most likely shot unless something gets snuck into a montage reel like it has in the past (Sony has 'accidentally' added some games into their montage reel in the past for games that weren't confirmed to be at the conference). and 2) They do not have a show floor exhibit nor is it on their official list of games at E3 which was released earlier today.

Having said that the site and the interviews that are likely to come should hopefully wet some of the current player bases appetite while we wait for the new blow out. We haven't had any substantial interviews with Yoshida since 2.0 was announced 8 months ago. And because how open Yoshida is when talking with other people we should get plenty of new info just from that.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I couldn't give two shits about the absence of a CGI trailer for an MMO. Show me gameplay, hardware specifications, and explain new systems.

I know I have not posted here in a while, but has there been any mention recently of any change to the current battle system in 2.0? at all? I am not talking content, Jobs or new abilities but the actual system in place?

Gameplay trailer would be nice, but even so, if its just a reskin of the current 14, that will not be very impressive.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I know I have not posted here in a while, but has there been any mention recently of any change to the current battle system in 2.0? at all? I am not talking content, Jobs or new abilities but the actual system in place?

Gameplay trailer would be nice, but even so, if its just a reskin of the current 14, that will not be very impressive.
    Battle regimens might be coming back in some form, but yeah I think sadly they're sticking with this system generally, because we haven't seen enough times that ripping the generic the basic battle system off pre-existing games is a bad move by developers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I find it funny that VsXIII is absent from that list too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I find it funny that VsXIII is absent from that list too.
    That's because it is now called FFXV! (which I am assuming they want to hold close to their chest for now... but already failed)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    That's because it is now called FFXV! (which I am assuming they want to hold close to their chest for now... but already failed)
    If you're talking about a certain trailer it's fake.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Actually, I probably shouldn't admit this but I actually just love to perpetuate that kinda stuff... makes things more fun.

I think the battle system will be improved, in the sense that there won't be animation locks or silly server responses. Everything should feel smoother, overall.

Hope they won't overhaul things all over again : I kinda like the current FF14 battle system, because it's pretty midground between "action combat" and a slower-paced rpg.
    There's your hotbar like in every single MMO these days (so it really improves from FF11), but it doesnt feel at all like WoW. At least, personally.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I agree with the post above. But I will add that it'll be better with some changes like removing the positioning requirement in order to combo (make it so you don't get the bonus if not in right position). That along with getting rid of animation lock on abilities/Light Shot/etc and better servers will make combat feel way better without changing much.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Isn't Archer/Bard supposed to get an autoshot in 2.0 when animation lock goes away? I recall them mentioning that before, but I wonder if they've recanted on it since.