Repairs hardly take gil out of the system when primals shit DM like crazy.

I've got at least 4 stacks of G5 on a retainer and you can buy them in the wards piss cheap because the game throws so much at you there's never any reason to buy it from an NPC.
Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke View Post
Do people even bother to repair anyone else's gear if they aren't friends with them - or in a PT together? (I haven't bothered to for at least a year, but being able to repair all of my own stuff sure is nice.)

Though, I do extremely like the stories one of my LS mates frequently tells me: Folks have stuff up for repair. They need to pay 500 gil or w/e for him to repair it. He tries to repair it. They don't have enough gil on them to complete the transaction, so the repair can't be completed. The fuck? He's told me this at least a dozen times. How does anyone seriously walk around with essentially 0 gil?

And yea I generally only repair items for people I'm with or if someone asks nicely as they pass by and I'm on a crafting job.

Occasionally I'll do repairs for random people if I'm bored but only if they have the new repair flag up, because that means at the very least I can repair a bunch of stuff very quickly which makes it somewhat worth my time. The old bazaar repair requests I ignore across the board because aside from it usually being 1 item and therefore not worth the time it's almost always 1g reward.

Fuck you I'm not repairing your gear and paying for it myself.