Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III for consoles     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    So much pointless hatred. Diablo 3 is a great game and WoW isn't going anywhere.
    LOL.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    LOL.
    Aww, you beat me too it.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Circle jerking Blizzard hate in a Blizzard section of an MMORPG forum. Yep.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Or we disagree with you and don't like Diablo 3. Go figure.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, imagine this shit going on in an FFXI thread.

In the end it doesn't matter how dead anyone thinks a company is until the doors close. The people that want their games will get them, the people that no longer like them will not.

Diablo 3 sold 11 million copies and is one of the top 10 selling pc games of all time, surpassing diablo + d2 + LoD expansion combined.

Starcraft 2 sold 5 million the first year, I don't even know how much since.

Blizzard could literally lose 90% of their customers and be a successful business.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If Diablo 3 were an awesome game I'm sure we'd all be talking about how excited we'd be to be playing it on our TV. But we're not. I had fun playing Diablo 3 until I hit Inferno. If you didn't get to Act 2 Inferno until later, you don't realize how truly shitty the game was. Act 2 Inferno was quite literally a wall that people couldn't pass. People beat Act 2 inferno by abusing bugs and exploits that were hot fixed without notice (DH perma invincibility for example). The game was shit, however, as one of the few people to actually make it beyond Act 2, I had a huge advantage and continued playing the game for about another month then sold everything for like 700$. I was happy to make the money but that doesn't change the fact that the game was shit and that Blizzard had put up artificial road blocks to control the RMA economy. Simply put, they didn't want you farming to advance beyond Act 2; they wanted you to spend money. Because it was impossible to get ilvl63 items from Act 1 at the time. I went to Act 2 with a group of friends that were all fully farmed from Act 1 and even the tankiest characters died in 2-3 hits (if not 1). Blizzard had transformed the Diablo franchise from a hack and slash farm fest to a linear grind with a cash shop. How are people pleased with this? Seriously.

btw idk what the current state of the game is cause I don't plan on reinstalling that shit. a customer lost is rarely regained which is probably why they're doing this desperate ps3/4 release lulz

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

You're talking about shit which hasn't been true since something like June of last year. You can't talk shit if you don't know what the fuck the current state of the game is.

On an actual topic: I wonder if console version will have Monster Power at all.

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

I do say that the people that I know personally that played D3 don't play anymore. But these said people play MMOs, so I can't see this game living up to their expectations. This is obviously a common place thing here on BG. The expectations of this game were way to high, especially in this day where MMOs are a dime a dozen.

Console market is probably the smartest route for these type of games, especially for Blizzard, since in general they won't be cannibalize by WoW/MMOs (and MOBAs). The average console player probably have never played any Diablo game (or MMO/MOBA) so it's probably going to be a much better experience for them.

ITT: Rose tinted D2 players. D3 SIRIOUS BIZNES. LOLBLIZZ.

I don't always post, but when I do....
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    On an actual topic: I wonder if console version will have Monster Power at all.
    I can see the PS3 version having issues, but can't you play D3 on like a 8+ year old computer? For sure PS3 version will be running 720p though.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Intervention View Post
    I can see the PS3 version having issues, but can't you play D3 on like a 8+ year old computer? For sure PS3 version will be running 720p though.
    ? Monster power is a game system which buffs mobs for bonus exp and magic find. I don't know what you think I said lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    If Diablo 3 were an awesome game I'm sure we'd all be talking about how excited we'd be to be playing it on our TV. But we're not. I had fun playing Diablo 3 until I hit Inferno. If you didn't get to Act 2 Inferno until later, you don't realize how truly shitty the game was. Act 2 Inferno was quite literally a wall that people couldn't pass. People beat Act 2 inferno by abusing bugs and exploits that were hot fixed without notice (DH perma invincibility for example). The game was shit, however, as one of the few people to actually make it beyond Act 2, I had a huge advantage and continued playing the game for about another month then sold everything for like 700$. I was happy to make the money but that doesn't change the fact that the game was shit and that Blizzard had put up artificial road blocks to control the RMA economy. Simply put, they didn't want you farming to advance beyond Act 2; they wanted you to spend money. Because it was impossible to get ilvl63 items from Act 1 at the time. I went to Act 2 with a group of friends that were all fully farmed from Act 1 and even the tankiest characters died in 2-3 hits (if not 1). Blizzard had transformed the Diablo franchise from a hack and slash farm fest to a linear grind with a cash shop. How are people pleased with this? Seriously.

btw idk what the current state of the game is cause I don't plan on reinstalling that shit. a customer lost is rarely regained which is probably why they're doing this desperate ps3/4 release lulz
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L.../hero/17497795

Cleared inferno before any major nerfs (to content that is, it was after the massive dh nerf on nether tentacles) with one piece of i63 gear, the 2h xbow I got as a drop in act 3.

Played a few more days and cashed out. Had fun for a few weeks, paid for a year of wow, starcraft 2, and the expansion.

Had plenty of complaints, doesn't mean it wasn't a good game.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wonder if I can use this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P...6/hero/7735265

on ps3 version

Would be sweet if they made d3 multiplatform

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/L.../hero/17497795

Cleared inferno before any major nerfs (to content that is, it was after the massive dh nerf on nether tentacles) with one piece of i63 gear, the 2h xbow I got as a drop in act 3.

Played a few more days and cashed out. Had fun for a few weeks, paid for a year of wow, starcraft 2, and the expansion.

Had plenty of complaints, doesn't mean it wasn't a good game.
    You were DH. So was I. And? I did the same as you, cleared and cashed out on the broken DH lol. What about monk, barb, sorc and WD? WD was broken for EVER, like months.

@Eanae Right, the company that releases games "when they're ready" only took a few months and a truck load of controversy before anything happened. Why do you think PVP is shit? They pulled resources to change the entire god damn game because it was shit. Tool. I'm sure every game goes through the extensive and massive overhauls as D3 did. Fuck, I don't think MMOs change that much in a year as D3 in a few months.

Ridill
    BG Level

Made mad bank farming act 4 first boss with my witch doctor when like absolutely nobody else was playing them. Rain of frogs + whatever the increased health from orbs things was and mass + pickup distance = raep.

My monk I farmed a lot of shit in act 2, and eventually was able to get him strong enough for act 3 farming. Was really surprisingly easy thanks to ooe letting me get like 1k+ all resist without particularly great gear, and room to stack up some lpss and loh. Not to mention like 40 different ways to become invulnerable as monk.

Barb I got to level 60 and immediately was able to fuck around with act 3 stuff thanks to pure life on hit with some shitty weapon and blue necks/rings.

I didn't bother with bosses on any of em other than hunter. I started in hardcore on dh but had to stop cuz of my connection. Leveled monk in normal, then dh, and fell completely in love with it and stuck with it other than fucking around on the other classes.

And, of course, we all know wizard and dh were miles above the melees for obvious reasons, and the big problem with WD was just being based around worthless pets.

Anyway, point being, just because you didn't like it (even though you played enough to clear inferno and farm $700 worth of shit which is quite a time investment for a game you hate) doesn't mean there weren't people having fun back then.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm gonna end my participation in this thread with one last thing: Path of Exile.

Cya

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I hate D3 for a variety of reasons: horrible retcons, reducing party size from 8 to 4, no PvP, lack of customization, horrible itemization bottle-necks, etc... However it still is a great game, no doubt about it.

Anyways the PS3 version sounds absolutely perfect. For me D3 fails big time as an online title, but it would be fun as hell to sit down with a couple of friends and play through the game as a sort-of LAN party like back in the day with D2. One thing that makes absolutely no sense to me is how they wont go split screen when someone goes back to town... Seriously how can that work?

Hoping this releases with an expansion that fixes a lot of the things I dislike about the game.

Ridill
    BG Level

itt: non-subscription games getting massive improvements through free updates is a bad thing

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    itt: non-subscription games getting massive improvements through free updates is a bad thing
    Being on the hate bandwagon is a popular thing. The game has improved dramatically in the last year and most people complaining haven't played since the first 1-2 months. It's kind of sad really.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I've been playing D3 up until last week. Patch came out, didnt fix shit, and still got shit drops and rolls on MP6. So I felt its time to move on. D3 is a good game, but not as good as the white knights say it is. Played all classes to 60+at least 20 paragon, tried every build(lol 2 for each class), cleared inferno on all classes too. I havent sold anything off in hopes they do some major changes.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I won't deny there's still some major improvements to be made, but I also don't think it's even close to as bad as the naysayers say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast