+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 145

Thread: Diablo III for consoles     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #61
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,140
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    It's a bandwagon or a circlejirk because multiple people agree on something that you disagree with? Please.

    WoW has been going downhill for a long time. Diablo 3 was shit when it was released, and months after it was released. Did they fix being forced to play linearly because "we want players to focus on story" yet? Did they fix the static maps that allow many things to easily be botted yet? Are you still stacking the same 3-4 primary stats on every single piece of equipment? They're improving it, and it's definitely a much better game then it was before. If anybody was to compare D3 to another game, the first thing they should and would compare it to is FFXIV.

    Diablo 3 sold 11 million copies and is one of the top 10 selling pc games of all time, surpassing diablo + d2 + LoD expansion combined.
    Diablo 3 sold because of Diablo 2 and Blizzard' old reputation. It also single-handedly killed that reputation. It sold successfully, but unfortunately for Blizzard and Diablo 3 that doesn't have anything to do with it being a good or bad game.

  2. #62
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,227
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    WoW has actually been steady for years. "Insert Expansion Here" is going to kill WoW! Just you watch. Been going on every expansion released and their numbers have been consistent since WoTLK. You're letting your irrational hate make you sound like an idiot.

  3. #63
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,140
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    WoW has been slowly going downhill for years. Each expansion is but a lifeboat trying to keep WoW afloat. Why would an expansion cause a game to die? Oh, I see, you're just putting words in my mouth. Did you think nobody would notice? I've presented nothing irrational; You're the one presenting yourself as an idiot by insinuating that everyone who has a different opinion from you is spouting "irrational hate". Did you even combat any of my minor points on why D3 still sucks? Of course you didn't because you can't rely on rational logic to make an argument about why D3 is good.

    Were you the one who kept insisting D3 was still a good game, or wasn't shit, when it undeniably was crap, during the first few months? I can't be arsed to spend time looking back to see if my memory is correct.

  4. #64
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    19,576
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    You're the one presenting yourself as an idiot by insinuating that everyone who has a different opinion from you is spouting "irrational hate".
    because there are opinions (WoW sucks) and there are statements that are false in the face of facts/numbers (wow trying to stay afloat). For me, I am not trying to get people to love wow or D3 or anything blizzard. But when people make claims of things like blizz trying to stay alive when data proves otherwise, then yes it becomes irrational hate.

    [edit] on a lolsortainsiderinfo. I know two people irl who are currently working for Blizzard. One just got hired a month ago. I can tell you from my own eyes the company has been steadily growing and hiring. So no, they aren't in trouble.

  5. #65
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    876
    BG Level
    5

    I'd be interested to see the playtime for people who are so bitter... I think D3 easily had 60 hours of fun gameplay, pretty good for a non-sub. based game. Sure it didn't live up to D2's legacy, but it was still a good overall game. Major flaws with the game didn't really show up until A2 Inferno in my opinion. Comparing it to XIV is pretty funny though. Like comparing a fender-bender to Chernobyl.

    Also I doubt it ruined Blizzard's reputation for most folks. The Diablo/Warcraft/Starcraft IP's are distinct enough to keep that from happening and many people fall into a certain IP and don't care so much about the others. Sure I think it hurt the Diablo IP a lot, especially story-wise, but the nice thing about retcons is that you can always retcon the retcon. We'll see what direction they go when the expansion is released, likely with the PS3 release.

  6. #66
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    876
    BG Level
    5

    -repost

  7. #67
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I like D3 :/

    I just enjoy it for what it is, and not what it could have been (the grand successor to D2).

  8. #68
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,529
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    D3 was a little underwhelming and certainly had flaws, but I absolutely enjoyed my $60 worth on it. Even if it didn't live up to the hype, it was still enjoyable to me for a while and wasn't a bad game. I'll probably try it again when it comes out on console if they add in some new content.

  9. #69
    Sassy Tyrant
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,309
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

    I'm fairly sure this thread is titled "Diablo III for PS3" not "Why do you hate Blizzard". This isn't your sounding board for why you hate the company, but a discussion for the game itself.

  10. #70
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,271
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis


  11. #71
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    but not as good as the white knights say it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    WoW has been slowly going downhill for years. Each expansion is but a lifeboat trying to keep WoW afloat. Why would an expansion cause a game to die? Oh, I see, you're just putting words in my mouth. Did you think nobody would notice? I've presented nothing irrational; You're the one presenting yourself as an idiot by insinuating that everyone who has a different opinion from you is spouting "irrational hate". Did you even combat any of my minor points on why D3 still sucks? Of course you didn't because you can't rely on rational logic to make an argument about why D3 is good.

    Were you the one who kept insisting D3 was still a good game, or wasn't shit, when it undeniably was crap, during the first few months? I can't be arsed to spend time looking back to see if my memory is correct.
    I don't see anybody "white knighting" by saying diablo 3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

    I see a whole lot of "sure there's flaws, but I had a good time with it and got plenty of hours out of it."


    And then a whole bunch of "omg u guys are oblivious fanboys blizzard is fucked they're probably only going to make like half a billion dollars this year what a pathetic company."

  12. #72
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    30,438
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    Playable offline confirmed
    The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of Diablo III will have offline play among a number of other new features, Blizzard has said in a post-PlayStation Meeting interview with GameTrailers.

    “You can have four people on the same screen—no split-screen, we just zoom the camera out. Or if you’re offline,” said Blizzard production director John Hight.

    The PC version of Diablo III requires players to be online when they play.

    Also new to the PlayStation versions are direct control—you no longer move around by clicking the mouse—and an evade capability to quickly dodge demon attacks.

    The PlayStation interface has also been reworked. The inventory screen’s paper doll character representations have been replaced by full 3D models, for example.

    According to Hight, Blizzard is “much further along” on the PlayStation 3 version than the PlayStation 4 version.

    “We finally got to see the [PlayStation 4] controller yesterday, so we already have a lot of thoughts about how we’re going to use the touch bar,” said Hight. “And we want to take full advantage of the social aspects, so that it feels natural for console gamers. They can go into PlayStation Network, they can go through their friends list—we’re going to have full matchmaking through that.”

    Currently, all of the content in the PlayStation version of Diablo III is up to version 1.07, so PvP brawling will be there

    “We’re going to do updates on the console side just as we’ve been doing along on the PC side,” said Hight.

    The PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III will be playable at PAX East next month.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/02/diablo-ii...on-playstation
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...on-playstation

  13. #73
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Considering there are already working PS3 emulators, color me unsurprised when people bork the shit out of the PS3 version and finally get to play offline for free.

  14. #74
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Wow, as much as I like my demon-slaying game, that news does miff me a bit. Where's my offline when you guys do your 12 hour maintenance?!

  15. #75
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah I'll actually get this once it's cheap just for some offline hardcore action.

  16. #76
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,227
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Considering there's no duping or hacks in diablo 3 I'm quite pleased with how always online turned out. Diablo 2 was run to shit with all the cheating. It has its annoying times for sure like maintenances but I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to diablo 3's DRM.

  17. #77
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Not if you prefer hardcore.

  18. #78
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,527
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    To me, Reflect Damage mobs (before 1.07) were a bigger issue for hardcore than lag >.>

  19. #79
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,853
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Considering there's no duping or hacks in diablo 3 I'm quite pleased with how always online turned out. Diablo 2 was run to shit with all the cheating. It has its annoying times for sure like maintenances but I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to diablo 3's DRM.
    I will begrudgingly give you this one. You are correct. I still hate the AH, but I'd probably argue, if the circumstances were different, that I'd have hated hackers even more.

  20. #80
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,182
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    To me, Reflect Damage mobs (before 1.07) were a bigger issue for hardcore than lag >.>
    I get your point but that's a choice... one single moment of lag and everything can be over, beyond your control.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag