+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo III for consoles     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Considering there's no duping or hacks in diablo 3 I'm quite pleased with how always online turned out. Diablo 2 was run to shit with all the cheating. It has its annoying times for sure like maintenances but I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to diablo 3's DRM.
    That's probably Blizzard's stance, much like Iran's stance that there are no gays in Iran. I guess it drove most hacks underground, so that's probably a good thing...

Anyways offline mode is pretty nice for chilling with friends, doesn't really add much aside from that for me. Don't really see a point in offline hardcore. I think there are bigger issues they could focus on, plus getting killed by lag is part of the Diablo experience! D3 was FAR better in the lag department then D2 ever was though, that's for sure.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
    That's probably Blizzard's stance, much like Iran's stance that there are no gays in Iran. I guess it drove most hacks underground, so that's probably a good thing...

Anyways offline mode is pretty nice for chilling with friends, doesn't really add much aside from that for me. Don't really see a point in offline hardcore. I think there are bigger issues they could focus on, plus getting killed by lag is part of the Diablo experience! D3 was FAR better in the lag department then D2 ever was though, that's for sure.
    You heretic, how dare you.

(I agree completely)

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Considering there's no duping or hacks in diablo 3 I'm quite pleased with how always online turned out. Diablo 2 was run to shit with all the cheating. It has its annoying times for sure like maintenances but I'd say the positives outweigh the negatives when it comes to diablo 3's DRM.
    LMAO. Really? No Duping? People have been doing roll backs forever.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blizzard has detailed the PlayStation 3 demo of Diablo III it plans to debut at PAX East in Boston this weekend.

“Our action-packed single-player hands-on demo will showcase several key elements that make Diablo III on the PS3 so much fun, including a reimagined interface and inventory system, direct character control, updated camera, and bosses and monsters specifically tuned for console,” said Blizzard community manager Stephanie Johnson in a blog post.

“Players will also get to experience gameplay from Act III of the campaign where they’ll get to test their mettle as either the cunning Demon Hunter or mighty Barbarian.”

Demo stations for the PlayStaton 3 version will be available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (show opening to closing) at the Blizzard booth.

Additionally, Blizzard also plans on giving away Diablo III-themed swag like Nate Kenyon’s Diablo III: The Order book, iPhone cases, poker sets, and more.

And don’t forget, Blizzard is also set to debut something entirely new at PAX—”not a sequel, expansion or that rumored next-gen MMO,” according to the company.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/03/diablo-ii...-demo-detailed
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9089...2-24-3-20-2013

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    LMAO. Really? No Duping? People have been doing roll backs forever.
    This, easy as pie.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level

dat belial view

had me all excited from the freeze frame but none of the rest is any different ><

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Consumers who pre-order the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III will receive the exclusive Infernal Helm in-game item, Blizzard has announced.

Wearable at level 1, the Infernal Helm will give players an experience bonus.

A release date for the PlayStation 3 version of Diablo III has yet to be announced. But Blizzard promises an announcement “as it gets closer.”
    http://gematsu.com/2013/04/diablo-ii...onus-announced
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9601...aled-4-29-2013
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/console/

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

PS3 limitations.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now for PS3 AND 360, Releases September 3rd
    A new legion of heroes will soon rise up and take a stand against the Lord of Terror. On September 3, Diablo III will make its console debut on the Sony PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft in the U.S., Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.

In preparation for the upcoming launch, select retailers in these regions are now taking preorders for the PS3™ and Xbox 360 versions of the game, which will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. Both console versions of Diablo III will be fully localized in English, German, French, Latin American Spanish, European Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese. Further release details, including retail availability in Brazil, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia, will be announced at a later date.

The console versions of Diablo III have been custom-tailored for gamepad-driven action, with a dynamic camera perspective that puts your hero front and center, as well as an all-new user interface and an intuitive control system that make vanquishing evil feel like second nature. Players can take on the vile denizens of the Burning Hells alone or in a party of up to four via same-screen local cooperative play or online over PlayStation Network or the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft. In addition, the game supports parties composed of both local and online players. Once gamers experience the rush of Diablo III’s unique brand of hack-and-slash gameplay from the comfort of their couch, Sanctuary will never be the same.

Players who preorder either console version of Diablo III will receive an exclusive in-game item: the Infernal Helm, which grants an experience point boost to any character who wears it, accelerating their progression as they rise in power. Certain retailers will also offer limited-edition preorder bonuses—check with your local retailer for further information.

“Playing Diablo III on a big screen with your friends brings a whole new level of intensity to the game, and with all of the control and interface adaptations we’ve made, it’s extremely fun to play on PS3™ and Xbox 360,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to the fine-tuning we’ve done for the console versions, we’re also including major content and design updates we’ve made to the PC version over the past year, so players can expect an epic Diablo gaming experience when the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions launch in September.”

In Diablo III, players take on the role of one of five heroic characters—barbarian, witch doctor, wizard, monk, or demon hunter—and embark on a perilous quest to save the world of Sanctuary from the corrupting forces of the Burning Hells. As players make their way from the demon-besieged town of New Tristram to the Diamond Gates of the High Heavens, they’ll engage in pulse-pounding combat with hordes of monsters and challenging bosses, grow in experience and ability, acquire artifacts of incredible power, and meet key characters who’ll join them in battle or aid them along the way.

Diablo III was originally released for Windows and Macintosh PC on May 15, 2012 and within 24 hours became the fastest-selling PC game of all time. As of December 31, 2012, Diablo III had sold through more than 12 million copies worldwide.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like a mobile version of Gauntlet Legends.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sorry for the bump but can anyone "sell" me the console version?

I plan to wait for ps4 version but I left diablo iii 2 weeks after it launched

How different is the console version?
    Can you play console vs pc?
    How changed is the game compared to the release

Basically the console version is just fun. That's really all there is to it. I get legendaries all the time (like 5-10 before you beat normal) and it reminds me of a diablo 2 loot hunt. You can't play vs pc and there is no AH but I'm fine with that. Somehow it's not getting old.

I've had a few other friends that have bought it after playing PC and they all agree.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ultimate Evil Edition
    (PS4)
    PlayStation 4 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard’s epic action RPG, Diablo III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls... all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character classes— Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, or the all-new Crusader—and embark on a dark journey through Acts I-V to save the world of Sanctuary from ancient and sinister forces. With the new DualShock 4 wireless controller and a custom-designed console interface, players will be outfitted with touch pad functionality and new social features as they engage in pulse-pounding combat with hordes of monsters and acquire items of incredible power.

Game Features

• The complete adventures of Act I-V, which takes players from the besieged town of New Tristram to the ancient halls of the Pandemonium Fortress

• Six powerful character classes to choose from: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and the all-new Crusader

• Newly designed loot system and offline gameplay mode designed to take advantage of the fast-paced action of the console platform

• Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character

• Direct character control and new DualShock 4 functionality such as color-coded player indicators for same-screen coop and touch pad shortcuts to keep players in the action

• Seamless cooperative play featuring four-player online co-op and four-player local co-op games

• PlayStation Network support, which will allow you to connect with friends, send game invitations, and access voice chat

• All the new and exciting features coming with Reaper of Souls:

- Customize your hero’s appearance and augment your items’ power with a new artisan, the Mystic

- Battle a new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes

- Never stop exploring with Adventure Mode, where all waypoints are unlocked—the world is your battlefield

- Engage in Nephalem Rifts, formerly known as Loot Runs, to test your mettle in 10-20 minute dungeons consisting of randomized areas, monsters, and bosses

- Take on Bounties for fun and rewarding objective-based challenges

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Vita Remote Play in early planning stages for PS4 version
    Blizzard is “in the earliest stages of looking” into the possibility of supporting Vita Remote Play for the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo 3.

Diablo 3 console senior producer Julie Humphreys told CVG at BlizzCon 2013 that Blizzard is considering the feature.

“One of the really cool features that comes built-in with the PS4 is this concept of remote play, so you can stream the gameplay that is happening on the PS4 over to your Vita screen. That is something we are looking into,” she said.

“I would say we are in the earliest stages of looking at that. We want to make sure that it is readable and is a good user experience.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/11/diab...n-at-blizzard/
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...nior-producer/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Are the item drops better on console?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Diablo III console version

So i've been hitching for a while to retry the game, and i'm wonder what version to get

I've had the PC version since start but stopped after a while (TBH not a fan of PC version)

I've heard alot of good opinions about the Console version mostly the PS3 version, so here are some questions

1) For those who played the PS3 and PC version (or even just PS3) How is the gameplay, is it enjoyable on a controller?

2) How is the online for the console version?, I know you cannot play PS3 with PC, but is there alot of people online for console?

3) If I buy the Ps3 version, do you guys know if thye announced a PS4 upgrade for cheaper if you already have Ps3 version?

4) I presume that if i play Ps3 version and then buy the Ps4 version i'll be able to continu my Ps3 char and not start over?

5) Lastly what do you guys recommend?,
    a) reactivate PC? (even tho i like console more)
    b) Buy Ps3 and upgrade later
    c) just wait for Ps4

Thanks

(edit should've bumped the old thread it wasn't that old ...)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast