Thread: Diablo III for consoles     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just saw there is a demo on the PSN, tried it and gameplay seems pretty fun

just need the other answer

Ridill
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure almost everything that made the ps3 version better is patched into the pc version, and whatever isn't will be once the expansion hits.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

1) Gameplay is solid on the controller, especially switching with some PC experience and game familiarity. (both PS3 & 360)

2) If you play softcore, you should never have any problem finding other people online, regardless of console. HC and console and online is pretty thin, thinner on 360 than PS3.

3) Don't bank on this. If you get the PS3 version, commit to spending that $60 and getting nothing else out of it on that generation. If you're okay with this, dive right into the console fun. If squeamish, The Ultimate Evil edition for the PS4 is near enough I'd consider it.

4) While this will undoubtedly be possible in some way, it's uncertain how Blizzard will incorporate or leave it to the players. But largely, this doesn't matter. Once A5 and Lv70 are introduced, it won't matter really that you kept you a Lv60 D3V character or not.

5) Wait for PS4

dammit Rata wtf is this new thread, i love you with hate

BG Level

Why's that? :O

BG Level

Also why do you think people dont play HC on console, lazy or?

BG Level

Bleh wished I new if there was gonna be a special 'upgrade' price for PS3 to PS4

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-PS3...words=diablo+3

it'S nice at 40$ but paying 60$ again for Ps4 version? guess i can jut wait

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Why's that? :O
    Could have posted here.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...eaper-of-Souls

or here

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...ght=diablo+III

or any of the other numerous Diablo III threads lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

What's wrong with new threads? The console version is likely to get updates at a different pace than the PC version.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nothing's wrong with new threads. But there are Diablo threads here and in the general gaming section. Most of them are still active.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

When is the PS4 version of D3 supposed to drop? I haven't played D3 at all and I'm 90% positive I'll enjoy it more on a controller than mouse and keyboard because I really hate having to click to move.
    Interested in playing and I'm thinking of picking up a PS4 for infamous.

Could grab the PS3 version if its too far out.

BG Level

There is no release atm that's why im kinda wondering myself to buy it or not

39$ on amazon is kinda sex but meh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Also why do you think people dont play HC on console, lazy or?
    Not hard to deduce. HC players are a minority on PC (or pretty much every game with the option). PC version come out a good deal sooner, which no doubt affected console sales. Multiply that then by the broad range of levels/acts one could be in and ultimately the best place to be is likely max level.

Either way, I'm unsure if console owners would have to pay something for RoS access or not. Not quite sure what's to hate of the PC version in terms of controls, but you're likely to find more people playing the PC version come RoS launch, too.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Not hard to deduce. HC players are a minority on PC (or pretty much every game with the option). PC version come out a good deal sooner, which no doubt affected console sales. Multiply that then by the broad range of levels/acts one could be in and ultimately the best place to be is likely max level.

Either way, I'm unsure if console owners would have to pay something for RoS access or not. Not quite sure what's to hate of the PC version in terms of controls, but you're likely to find more people playing the PC version come RoS launch, too.
    Ps4 version comes with ros

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

1) Gameplay is a ton of fun, I prefer it with a controller
    2) Not sure, I play offline co-op
    3) They haven't yet announced if it will be cheaper, but most likely not since the PS4 version is coming with the expansion (i dunno, maybe 10 or 20 off if anything)
    4) Yes, ps3 data can be transferred to ps4
    5) PS3, unless you really want to play online mostly, then you might find a more active population on pc

Expansion I believe is 40 bucks, so if you're interested in it, you'll be spending that money regardless. PS4 version will most likely be 60, and although they haven't announced any discounts to ps3 owners, if there are any, it will put the price closer to that of the pc expansion.

Also I don't know how loot 2.0 is going to work that well, but you may also find a more enjoyable experience on console with how frequent loot drops are.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Diablo III for consoles

I think many people play HC on console - although a huge minority no doubt - but not as many play online. Or very long at 60 to climb through Master I-V difficulties. And understandably so, HC console players probably want a legit experience, and solo guarantees that.

I have never found another HC Inferno (Master II) public game on 360 ever, searching all acts any quest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

XBone version in development
    An Xbox One version of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition is in development alongside the previously announced PlayStation 4 version, Blizzard confirms. But the developer won’t officially announced whether it’ll be released or not.

“I don’t know where we are with Microsoft right now so I can’t really comment on what that contract looks like,” Diablo III lead producer Alex Mayberry told VideoGamer.

“The point is we are developing for Xbox [One] and PS4 simultaneously. We hit those major platforms and then our goal as a development team is to make them run.

According to Mayberry, “it makes more sense” to develop for both consoles, even though a release on Xbox One has yet to be determined.

“We have that pipeline worked out,” he continued. “We’ve already done it with the 360 and PS3, so that team knows how to develop at the same time for both of those platforms. That’s just what we do. And then Blizzard and Microsoft can work out whatever they work out.”

Last week, Blizzard announced the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo III would be playable for the first time at PAX East next month.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/03/diablo-ii...pment-xbox-one
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...n-of-diablo-3/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

press release
    IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On August 19, console gamers around the world will be able to join the crusade against death itself when Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ - Ultimate Evil Edition™ launches on the PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. The console-exclusive Ultimate Evil Edition includes all of the content from the original Diablo III, as well as new features and updates from the critically acclaimed Reaper of Souls expansion. With six customizable character classes, five engrossing acts, and countless hours of gameplay, this all-inclusive package is a treasure trove of fast-paced demon-slaying action and cooperative adventure.

The console version of Reaper of Souls has been designed to take advantage of the unique features of the console platforms. All four console versions of the Ultimate Evil Edition feature 4-player same-screen and online multiplayer—whether you’re banding together on the same couch or joining the fray via PlayStation®Network or the Xbox Live online entertainment network, Reaper of Souls makes it easy to experience Diablo in the best way possible: with your friends.

The Ultimate Evil Edition introduces even more ways for players to share their adventures. A new Apprentice mode boosts low-level players’ power while adventuring with high-level friends, making it easier than ever to play together. Players will also be able to share treasures with other players on their friends lists via an in-game mail system, including mysterious Player Gifts containing rare loot for the adventurer whose name they bear.

“The Ultimate Evil Edition brings Reaper of Souls to console gamers for the first time, and wraps all of the content, features, and updates we’ve released for Diablo III into one epic package,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether you’re a veteran of the crusade against the forces of evil on PC or are just stepping foot into Sanctuary for the first time, there’s never been a better time to experience Diablo III from the comfort of your couch.”

In Reaper of Souls, the five valiant heroes from Diablo III—Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, and Wizard—are joined by a new champion: the Crusader. Clad head to toe in fortified armor, the Crusader is an unstoppable force of righteous destruction who channels the power of divine wrath to visit retribution upon his demonic quarry.

Reaper of Souls adds a challenging new act to Diablo III in which players will embark on a dark and perilous journey through terrifying landscapes; explore the legendary city of Westmarch; and slay countless minions, each hell-bent on bringing the players’ heroic quest to a grisly end. The adventure culminates in a climactic confrontation with Malthael, the Angel of Death, whose twisted designs spell ruin for the innocent people of Sanctuary.

In addition to the Crusader hero and Act V, the Ultimate Evil Edition includes a revamp of the game’s loot system, an expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters, and several other improvements to the Diablo III game experience, including:

Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
    Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
    Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
    Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
    The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
    All of this new content comes with the Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition, which players can purchase beginning August 19 at a suggested retail price of $59.99 for the PS4™ computer entertainment system or Xbox One, or $39.99 for the PS3™ or Xbox 360—check with your local retailer for availability.

Those who preorder their copy of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition will also receive the exclusive Infernal Pauldrons bonus in-game item. Wearable at level 1, these devilishly sharp transmogrifiable shoulderplates provide Health, Life regeneration, and Cooldown Reduction. The key for the Infernal Pauldrons will be available in launch day copies of the Ultimate Evil Edition (cannot be transferred across platforms).

In addition, players who fought the forces of evil in the original PS3™ or Xbox 360 versions of Diablo III will be able to continue their crusade against death. PS3™ characters from the original game can be transferred to either the PS3™ or PS4™ version of the Ultimate Evil Edition, and Xbox 360 characters can be transferred to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One version.

For more information on Reaper of Souls - Ultimate Evil Edition, visit the official Diablo III website. With multiple games in development, Blizzard Entertainment has numerous positions currently available—visit http://jobs.blizzard.com for more information and to learn how to apply.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wasn't so sure PS3/360 would see RoS with the same sorta certainty that PS4/Xbox One would both get it.

I think it'll be even longer now before I get a PS4 and/or Xbox One.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nephalem Rift (Last of Us) dungeon included with the PS4 Ultimate version
    Diablo 3′s Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4 will be invaded by the infected horde seen in The Last of Us, in what is a rather interesting franchise crossover.

Announced last night, Diablo 3 on PS4 will include an exclusive dungeon that is filled with clickers and other fungal infected from Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us. Details on the dungeon’s other features are yet to be revealed.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/10/the-...d-will-invade/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/la...-diablo-3-ps4/

Shadow of the Colossus armor for PS4 & PS3 Ultimate versions

Spoiler: show
    The Transmog Set from Shadow of the Colossus will be available in Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PlayStation 3 and PS4.

It looks rather cool in-game, as you can see from the short video above.

Players who purchase Ultimate Evil Edition for the PS3 or PS4 will be handed the Guise of the Colossi, which is a set of transmogrification plans that unlock six armor appearances inspired by Shadow of the Colossus.

The appearances will be made available to all six classes.

Like The Last of Us Nephalem Rift content announced yesterday, the two exclusive content packs for PS3 and PS4 cannot be transferred to other platforms.

Players will be required to connect to PSN to redeem the goodies.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/11/diab...s-dlc-ps3-ps4/
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ossus-content/

XBone version displays at 900p (PS4 1080p), both PS4 & XBone will run at 60fps
    Those worried over frame-rate issues pertaining to the console version of Diablo 3: The Ultimate Evil Edition, need not worry: 60fps is “paramount” to Blizzard.

According to Blizzard senior producer Julia Humphreys, on Xbox One the game will run at 900p. The game is said to run 1080p on PS4 per Joystiq.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/12/diab...00p-and-60fps/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/12/di...=rss_truncated

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People care about what their characters look like in Diablo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast