1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

looks amazing, but we all know they are capable of making an amazing looking game. Original XIV looked amazing as well. I'll wait for more info and beta before I get too hyped again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

beyond impressed

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Since these are from a .zip file sent to the fansites from SE, (I'm guessing) can we expect more screenshots/gameplay from the actual booth in the coming day or two? Or is this pretty much it? I won't be super disappointed if these are all the shots we get, these look outstanding.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Now that I've had a chance to look more closely at the screenshots, I have some things to point out, and questions that some people may or may not be able to answer.

• Action bar widened to support 12 actions instead of just 10 (using the two keys to the right of the 0)
    • The second action bar displayed is labeled with a small S next to them (Shift + action number, perhaps?)
    • In the party list, I see you can toggle your surname (see: Lulu with no last name in the party)
    • Current party-member's action is listed next to their name and a casting progress bar above that.
    • Party list only appears to have 6 slots now instead of 8. Nevermind on that. Another screenshot only shows 4 party members... I guess the "Empty" party spots can be there so if people drop/join it doesn't mess around with your targetting.
    • Still can't see others' TP. Not an issue right now, but for the new Battle Regimens...
    • Moon cycle indicator has been removed as well as the in-game-time clock.
    • Targetting an enemy also displays the enemy's target + HP bar
    • Money is displayed at the bottom-right, as someone already pointed out
    • You can move your action bar(s) around on the screen separate from one another (see: the PLD screenshot has the alternate action bar along the side)
    • BTN and ARM concept art for AF (or something like it)
    Additional notes from others that I've edited in here:
    • The Carpenter has CP instead of MP/TP.

1) What the heck is the U-shaped thing in the bottom right? I know the green/grey/yellow/red grids are supposed to represent your inventory bags or something, but I'm having a hard time imagining what the U-shaped arrangement next to that is.
    Gear condition, perhaps. That seems like a weird way to represent it though...

2) There's a small bar under each party member's job icon. Can anyone guess what that might represent?
    Enmity bar.

3) I wonder where buffs/debuffs are displayed, and whether or not they intend to show them for party members.
    Nevermind, they're displayed on the PLD screenshot (buffs, at least, and for all party members). Though it doesn't leave much room for very many buffs/debuffs to be shown...

Ok, that's all the editing I'll be doing in this post... back to work for me.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think that lalafell in one of the pictures is jumping.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Might be equipment?

Also, holy cow, so much hype now.

Quote Originally Posted by kmexe View Post
    I think that lalafell in one of the pictures is jumping.
    Yeah, if you look at the pic link it says in game jumping

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i....i..i think i just jizzed my pants...i want to believe but yea i'd need to give it a whirl for myself before coming to a conclusion after the shineys that were V1.0

bar under job icon would be hate meter?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Ah, thank you. That makes sense.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    1) What the heck is the U-shaped thing in the bottom right? I know the green/grey/yellow/red grids are supposed to represent your inventory, but I'm having a hard time imagining what the U-shaped arrangement next to that is.
    Equipped gear? Mannequin system thing they keep toting?

There's also a new DRG WS down there (#9); Lancer abilities look the same. Crafting actions appear to be slottable onto the Action bar? Carpenter has 3 actions with a saw icon (standard, bold, rapid?) and some sort of movement ability (sprint/stealth?) Carpenter also has "CP" instead of MP... hmm...

I also thought maybe the Lulu NoLastName was either an NPC or tomfoolery, but I hope we opt out of a surname being displayed. Also there are little bars beneath each of the Job Symbols-- wtf are those; doesn't appear to be HP/MP/TP (the ratios don't match) also I just now noticed all of those characters are sub50 in full AF

The "Eorzean time" clock seems to be converted into a dial around the mini-map; also we don't know for certain the 8:32 PM isn't Eorzean time!

I also never noticed the PLD's 2nd action bar on the left-hand-side earlier lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Getting hyped about screenshots. You nigs haven't learned a fucking thing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Against my better judgement I am ready to get hype as shit. Finally something worth my body being ready for? I need something to believe in after Microsoft and Nintendo's conferences.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

about the U shaped thingy bottom right i think that its probably your currently equipped with the colour indicating the condition as for the others i'd assuming inventory space

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

1) What the heck is the U-shaped thing in the bottom right? I know the green/grey/yellow/red grids are supposed to represent your inventory bags or something, but I'm having a hard time imagining what the U-shaped arrangement next to that is.
    Gear condition, perhaps. That seems like a weird way to represent it though...
    Going to hazard a guess and say the U-shaped one is for your equipped items, usually equipment screens are that sort of shape.

THIS LOOKS GOOD.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Now that I've had a chance to look more closely at the screenshots, I have some things to point out, and questions that some people may or may not be able to answer.

2) There's a small bar under each party member's job icon. Can anyone guess what that might represent?
    I think that is supposed to represent your current equipment and the colors showcase their durability. I remember in the live producer letter 2 they mentioned that as something they wanted to show on the UI.

As for question 2 I think its a hate gauge. You will notice the one with the filled up gauge is the tank.

Other observations on my part, it looks like gathering abilities and usability is getting overhauled in 2.0. They now have a CP gauge next to their HP, as well as what looks like several abilities, or at least the same ones with dramatically different icons.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Actually it looks like EXP bar to me. If you look the person who took the screen shot is lv49 just about to ding 50, and the bar underneath his job in the party list in nearly full.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Actually it looks like EXP bar to me. If you look the person who took the screen shot is lv49 just about to ding 50, and the bar underneath his job in the party list in nearly full.
    He is also the tank though, so it doesn't really counter the hate-meter idea. Also how awful that the mages never get to level if that's their XP bar!;-;

Also Delita's bar is consistently full throughout all three screenshots and we know he has hate in all three.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Need gameplay to get hyped over.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Naw, those ratios don't match (see: Dragoon Dragonfire Dive), and I don't see any reason to show your exp bar to others. Hate bar makes much more sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't look too much into the "no surname" thing. There are a few things that don't match with the current game like full AF before 50, Dragonfire Dive at 46 and Cure 2 being cast. They're probably running a debug mode that lets them do whatever they want like removing the surname requirement or making it invisible. Also Lulu doesn't have a surname just like any main character in FFX.