1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Getting hyped about screenshots. You nigs haven't learned a fucking thing.
    I laughed a bit more than I should've, but that's just... spot on.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Blasta View Post
    I laughed a bit more than I should've had, but that's just... spot on.
    Clearly he said that after getting a little giddy himself.

Bereive in the Yoshi-P!

If they can make another area that captures a similar look and feel of Promyvion(?) I'll be happy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hnng. Those screenshots are amazing. Can you still do that legacy campaign they were trying to do awhile back? Or is that already over?

Getting hyped about screenshots.
    Well, I got hyped about screenshots for a few reasons.
    - Art is still FF top notch. It's no TERA, it's no WoW, it's not GW2. And I'm not talking quality, but style.
    - They're going full route on the "FF fanboy" experience. From Cait Sith to Fenrir, their intent is now pretty clear and I can't say I don't like it.

On every other aspect, ie gameplay, I agree screenshots tell very little.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Hnng. Those screenshots are amazing. Can you still do that legacy campaign they were trying to do awhile back? Or is that already over?
    If you already have a character/account created: Yes, you have until the end of this month. I can't guarantee you have up until the last day of the month, however, so if you want to do this, I would suggest sooner rather than later.

If you are a complete newcomer and would still need to create a new account: No. The deadline was May 31st.

The reason for this is because the free trial period must pass before you can begin paying, and the free trial period does not count toward being eligible for Legacy status.

Source: Lodestone main page - "Requirements for Legacy Campaign Eligibility"
    Spoiler: show
    We have received questions from the community regarding when they need to begin playing FINAL FANTASY XIV if they wish to qualify for the Legacy Campaign.

In order to fulfill the requirements for the Legacy Campaign, a player must register his/her copy of the game no later than Thursday, May 31, 2012, and have subscribed for a minimum of 90 days beyond the conclusion of your free trial period.

Even if you have no intention to actually play the game in its 1.x status, becoming eligible for Legacy Campaign will pay for itself if you intend to play for more than 10 months post-2.0 (costs $10 for 3 months, savings of $3/mo.).

Oh kotaku, brilliant reporting as usual LOL, wrong facts and grammar.

http://kotaku.com/5916028/wow-final-...-youve-changed

Final Fantasy XIV's launch was so terrible that Square Enix had to pull the game and promise to not bring it back until it fixed. I don't know if their gameplay tweaks have had any effect, but I do know the game is at least looking a lot nicer.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you already have a character/account created: Yes, you have until the end of this month. I can't guarantee you have up until the last day of the month, however, so if you want to do this, I would suggest sooner rather than later.

If you are a complete newcomer and would still need to create a new account: No. The deadline was May 31st.

The reason for this is because the free trial period must pass before you can begin paying, and the free trial period does not count toward being eligible for Legacy status.
    Yeah already have an old account (from launch) and pretty sure I burned through free trial period, not sure though. I just pay for 3 months?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Oh kotaku, brilliant reporting as usual LOL, wrong facts and grammar.

http://kotaku.com/5916028/wow-final-...-youve-changed
    Such horrible reporting... So much hatred. lol

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    While I fully agree with others that I need to remain cautious (against the saliva that wants to form in my mouth), I would never ever regret the term "ffxiv-clone" if every mmo would start making their games look more like this:

Seriously, that right there should be what every fucking game should strive to look like.
    wow. this pic got to me as well.

i've always thought that XIV was gorgeous to begin with.. but it seemed as though their old visual style was photorealism which didn't work very well because everything was so shiny (except in very bright environments. i'm thinking this is the work of Crystal Tools cos XIII looks like that too. ) and took a chunk out of its immersion. it looked good, but it didn't necessarily appeal to the visual senses.

this on the other hand does it very well. I'm thinking the 2 major elements in play are first the lighting, which seems to be somewhat ambient but definitely soft light which gives it a fantasy feel, and the second is as others have mentioned, the scale - the size but more importantly, the draw distance feels realistic, and this helps to anchor the feeling of realism, even though it clearly isnt at the same time.
    in other words, very strong sense of immersion, regardless of realism (they don't necessarily go hand in hand ; think of it as like the uncanny valley of environments)

given what we've seen, i have a bit more faith in them introducing fresh new areas which evoke the same kind of grandness that the concept art offer. also I like how they're reinterpreting the aetheryte visually.

that said, it makes a huge difference to see this in motion than as a still, but i definitely think this look will work better than what they already have.
    (also this to me is XIV taking a page from ff12 in terms of art direction)

yes, this is all from an aesthetic point of view, but it matters a big deal to me lol.

UI looks good but i can't tell much otherwise.

still, pretty good hype for 2.0!

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Bereive in the Yoshi-P!
    I berieve in Yoshi-P, but not in SE. Oh wait.. does that actually make any..

O well, I did pay the next 3 months so that's just about all I can do.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Yeah already have an old account (from launch) and pretty sure I burned through free trial period, not sure though. I just pay for 3 months?
    Correct. Your free trial would be used up if you ever created a character (technically it would get used up if you registered for the service, but never created a character, but who ever does that?).

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wada: Thank you Yoshida-san on a job well done! It has been two years since version 2.0! The name of the brand has been restored. We are pleased to announce that Yoshida-san is now working on the next big project and to step into his place is our own Hiromichi Tanaka.

Hiromichi Tanaka: Thank you, thank you Mr. Wada. I am much looking forward to bringing much balance to Eorzea!

Camera pans into SE's office around the dev team.

Dev team: the drop rate for new prime battle is at 5%
    Tanaka: NO! NO! NO! NO! 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BALANCE!!!!!!!!

This is how SE is gonna punish people should 2.0 be a huge success.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You will burn ; ;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    Wada: Thank you Yoshida-san on a job well done! It has been two years since version 2.0! The name of the brand has been restored. We are pleased to announce that Yoshida-san is now working on the next big project and to step into his place is our own Hiromichi Tanaka.

Hiromichi Tanaka: Thank you, thank you Mr. Wada. I am much looking forward to bringing much balance to Eorzea!

If Tanaka ever returns to XIV, I will quit on the spot.

End of story. (>.>) I will not suffer that man's presence again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    If Tanaka ever returns to XIV, I will quit on the spot.

End of story. (>.>) I will not suffer that man's presence again.
    Truth.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    wow. this pic got to me as well.

i've always thought that XIV was gorgeous to begin with.. but it seemed as though their old visual style was photorealism which didn't work very well because everything was so shiny (except in very bright environments. i'm thinking this is the work of Crystal Tools cos XIII looks like that too. ) and took a chunk out of its immersion. it looked good, but it didn't necessarily appeal to the visual senses.

this on the other hand does it very well. I'm thinking the 2 major elements in play are first the lighting, which seems to be somewhat ambient but definitely soft light which gives it a fantasy feel, and the second is as others have mentioned, the scale - the size but more importantly, the draw distance feels realistic, and this helps to anchor the feeling of realism, even though it clearly isnt at the same time.
    in other words, very strong sense of immersion, regardless of realism (they don't necessarily go hand in hand ; think of it as like the uncanny valley of environments)

given what we've seen, i have a bit more faith in them introducing fresh new areas which evoke the same kind of grandness that the concept art offer. also I like how they're reinterpreting the aetheryte visually.

that said, it makes a huge difference to see this in motion than as a still, but i definitely think this look will work better than what they already have.
    (also this to me is XIV taking a page from ff12 in terms of art direction)

yes, this is all from an aesthetic point of view, but it matters a big deal to me lol.

UI looks good but i can't tell much otherwise.

still, pretty good hype for 2.0!
    Yeah the soft light and shadow is what is really winning me over (with the new visual engine). Like I said it almost gives it a dream like quality to it and judging by the changes between the open desert region of Thanalan to the forest region of Black Shroud, it should make it very easy for them to create unique looking places just with the change in the lighting and how the geometry obscures that light. Even though it won't/can't happen I would love to see what V1.0 would have looked like with this engine running. It still would still be the mass produced barren mess we have now but it would have been a lot more memorable at least.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You guys are acting like the current game isn't full of terrible drop rates and retarded drop systems. Unless a lot of design decisions change, we won't need Tanaka to sink the game.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It may seem like a cop-out, but at the moment I accept these horrendous rates as a stopgap measure, Dev Team stalling for time while building 2.0. Frustrating as all hell, I admit, but that is what it seems like to me.

I want to believe.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post

Hilarious. I was actually wondering what would happen in the future if the game succeeds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast