+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

hahahaha that trailer was balls compared to the original. I can't believe I was hyped for this game at one point

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Amazingly enough given my love for zombie games and movies I have yet to get excited about this game. The first one was entertaining enough. But I just haven't seen anything that has really impressed me yet for this one.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

John Morgan is the new, fifth playable character in Dead Island Riptide that can join the team in addition to the protagonists from the original game. For years he has trained himself - and become a master - in hand-to-hand combat. His career in the US Navy has not taken off as he originally had envisioned, so he spends his time as a cook on a military ship. Little does he know that soon he will have to bring his skills into practice when the ship nears the island of Palanai...
    The town of Henderson is one of the new locations in Dead Island Riptide. Henderson is situated on the island of Palanai in the once beautiful Banoi archipelago. Palanai caters to ultra-wealthy yacht owners and eco-tourists looking to stay nearby to the island’s untouched jungle. Palanai’s center is the luxurious town of Henderson that has grown into a Mediterranean-looking port town.

After a monsoon has laid waste the Banoi archipelago the city lies partially flooded and its abandoned buildings are quickly falling into disrepair. The team of heroes will have to find high ground in order to steer clear of the waters, where unknown threats lurk beneath the deceptively calm surface.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Deep Silver has unveiled a special collector’s edition of Dead Island: Riptide for North America. The contents of the ‘Rigor Mortis’ edition were voted by fans in a survey hosted late last year.

For $79.99, the “extremely limited” Rigor Mortis edition will include:

• Dead Island Special Edition
    • Alternate Box Art
    • Digital Strategy Map
    • In-game Unlockable Content
    • Travel Suitcase Packaging
    • Zombie Hula Girl Bobble Figurine
    • Severed Hand Bottle Opener / Fridge Magnet
    • Bungalow Key with Wooden Tag

Dead Island: Riptide is due for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on April 23
    http://gematsu.com/2013/01/dead-isla...tion-announced

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

died inside since i'm super suspicious of this game but that limited looks so good

amazon is selling the Steel box options for basic retail price

360: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Island-Ripti...7855522&sr=8-1 £34.99

PS3: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Riptide-Limi...7855522&sr=8-2 £32.99

PC: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Riptide-Limi...7855522&sr=8-3 £24.99

Epic Edit: Furthermore, Deep Silver announced via facebook that they're on the lookout for a bride and groom to be who are also big zombie fans, to give them a Dead Island styled wedding.

"The search for two engaged Dead Island superfans who will be zombified for a Dead Island twist on a traditional beach wedding ceremony takes in every cemetery, grave and crypt the length and breadth of the UK. In return for becoming the official Dead Island Riptide zombie bride and groom, Deep Silver will host a Dead Island Riptide-themed zombie wedding ceremony and send the winning undead couple on a luxury Caribbean honeymoon."

You can enter by uploading a YouTube video explaining why the two of you are the ideal candidates, but best of luck convincing your fiance to don some zombie makeup on her big day. Once the video is up, make sure to share the link with the official Dead Island Riptide Zombie Wedding page on Facebook.

"'Til death do you part" indeed.

http://www.facebook.com/DeadIslandRi...ombieWeddingUK

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...alling-statue/
    Oh come on. After the reaction to the tawdry idiocy we saw throughout 2012, you’d imagine publishers would stop and think for half a second before launching into another vile misogynistic campaign. But oh no, Deep Silver aren’t swayed. Today they have announced the abysmal “Zombie Bait Edition” of Dead Island: Riptide, a boxed version of the game that comes with a statuette. A statuette of a woman’s bikinied torso, with her head, arms and legs crudely severed. It’s below, but be warned, it’s really disgusting. It’s hard to find the words.

Okay, no it’s not. This is beyond disgusting. It’s as if someone were attempting to demonstrate the most misogynist idea that could possibly be conceived, in an attempt to satirise the ghastly trend. A text book example of the most extreme ends of misogynist fantasy, a woman reduced to nothing but her tits, her wounds hideously depicted in gore, jutting bones, and of course barely a mark covering her globular breasts.

Incredibly, this is promoted as being,

“Dead Island’s grotesque take on an iconic Roman marble torso sculpture.”

and that it would,

“make a striking conversation piece on any discerning zombie gamer’s mantel.”

While there are a very small group who like to endorse their own unpleasant prejudices by angrily denouncing RPS for its coverage of gaming’s representation of women, I feel certain that even they might find cause to baulk at this. This is inexcusable.

Deep Silver – this can’t happen. You cannot be this vile, this outrageously stupid. For God’s sake, don’t do this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

not sure about you guys but i've never wanted to bed a Zombie i think the article writer might want to which is more disturbing then the "disturbing" 70's style statue

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The comments are fucking irritating. Everyone is becoming so god damn tightassed about shit. It's a zombie game. they're promoting it with a dismembered torso. Who freaking cares if it's a female torso. People are so dumb

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it's only for 360....screw this game man want more ps3 boobie loving :/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I think it's pretty fucking tasteless and tacky but there's no denying that putting the word misogyny in an article is like instant hits.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They've pulled it
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kngs7f

Guess they didn't like being compared to Larry Flynt.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    They've pulled it
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kngs7f

Guess they didn't like being compared to Larry Flynt.
    technically, it doesn't say they've pulled it, just that they're apologizing for it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I suppose they could still release it in a very limited run. Anything more and they'd gather dust on store shelves, I can't imagine a lot of people are interested in those kinds of statues.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Still not impressed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They're going to nuke the island to "cover up what they done"? I thought the virus/disease started from a mutated strain of kuru by the indigenous tribesman. I guess either I missed how it started or they are going to introduce something new.