1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I remember reading that Relic Weapons in this game were going to be mainly "Artifact Weapons". The ACTUAL Relic Weapons will be called Legendary Weapons.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I think the only reason why they shied (wow, that word looks weird when spelled out) away from calling them Artifact Weapons is merely because of the difficulty involved in getting them. It's not FFXI relic difficulty, but people have already established that you need 3x rare drops from each of the Hamlet Defenses, I think? Who knows if that's the entirety of what is needed. I sure as hell won't be doing that; at least, not anytime soon.

Calling them Artifact Weapons might give people some false hope that they can be obtained as easily as Artifact Armor. Also to "pay homage to FFXI" like they did with "Artifact Armor".

Also, since no one said it, the MNK guy also uses the relic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Also, since no one said it, the MNK guy also uses the relic weapon.
    Try reading the thread again lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Can't believe it took this long for someone to mention this.

EDIT: Rocl was telling me I shouldn't have tl;dr his post because he mentioned it too.
    3rd paragraph in passing, you are forgiven

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Try reading the thread again lol
    I did and I still don't see it; I even did a Ctrl+F for "Monk" and "MNK". I realize that people made the general statement that "most" of the NPCs use their respective relic weapon, but I didn't see Monk mentioned specifically, yet I saw all the others. Not that it really matters, I guess.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol. doubt this is of the same as Relic Weapons in XI.
    their mainly classic design is pretty cool but when you can punch with bricks, its novelty is slightly lost.

also, sad that Gilbert lore from Artemis Bow was lost in translation..

for those not in the know, Gilbert (actually Gilbart) is the Japanese name of the FF4 bard Edward.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Helpful thread on OF has a listing of all articles, images, and interviews pertaining to 2.0. Found the reference to Legacy/Legendary weapons i.e. Excalibur, Ragnarok, *mumblemumble* buster sword *cough*, and other famous items. Article I was looking for was at a French gaming site called Jeux Online.

Just search for Excalibur on this page and it'll bring you to the right spot.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

just because the whole relic thing became the Genji armor thing, did 11 get a Genji armor set in the end?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I quit XI last year, around Thanksgiving, I think. There was no Genji then.

Considering they actually designed AF well in XIV compared to XI (where the majority of it was worthless crap, both AF1/2) I'd assume the more challenging requirements they seem to imply would be to justify good weapons. Compare these things to AF weapons in XI; the first piece of AF rather than the last, no unique models, worthless stats, etc.

What makes me wonder is if they're making such a huge deal out of it what's going to become of them in the future? Are we going to see quasi-magian upgrades from the get-go once the level cap is raised?

This is all assuming the weapons actually will be hard to get, so far we know very little other than the GC item/Rowena and the assumed beastman seals.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Guess I was right in regards to how to attain the weapons last patch. I know at least 1 person on my server that has the soiled note already. The difficulty of getting these weapons isn't hard at all though, just stupid tedious and filled with Darklight droprates. Getting a good shot at the seals is also dependent on how much the server contributes during the provisioning phases of each Hamlet.

I'm thinking these might be equivalent to XI's Mystic (the ToAU one ones) while our Relic/Legacy weapons will be 2.0 content.

Edit: By difficulty, guess I meant as far as getting the note. Kinda curious what needs to be done after whether it's in 1.22c or 1.23.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Guess I was right in regards to how to attain the weapons last patch. I know at least 1 person on my server that has the soiled note already. The difficulty of getting these weapons isn't hard at all though, just stupid tedious and filled with Darklight droprates. Getting a good shot at the seals is also dependent on how much the server contributes during the provisioning phases of each Hamlet.

I'm thinking these might be equivalent to XI's Mystic (the ToAU one ones) while our Relic/Legacy weapons will be 2.0 content.
    Please note, though...

Relic weapons are a category of arms designed specifically for a certain job. They are obtained via the “A Relic Reborn” quest, which can be undertaken as of the release of patch 1.22b*. Only players who have completed at least one of the job quests and obtained a soiled promissory note from the NPC Rowena in Ul’dah will be eligible for this quest. Once these conditions are met, “A Relic Reborn” can be started by speaking to the NPC Gerolt at the Hawthorne Hut, found within the Black Shroud.
    Soiled Promissory is not the end. (o.O ) Rather, it seems to be the beginning.

Epic challenges and hard work await those who undertake “A Relic Reborn,” so please choose the object of your desire carefully, lest you find yourself coveting your neighbor’s weapon!
    Edit: I do wonder exactly how long and hard this quest will be. (>.>)

Edit 2: Beaten.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You need seals from Hamlet defense after the note.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    You need the seals FOR the note, no?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    (o.O ) The seals are used in tandem with the 25,000 GCseals On the Properties of Beastmen key item to obtain the note. I am unaware of further requirements listed under the current patch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah sorry, I confused it with the 25k GC seals item >.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

By "begin anew" I'm assuming they mean "get a new note".

Really hope they make some adjustments to Hamlet soon and not put it off to 2.0 (considering they're building content on it).

Idk what they could do though when the biggest hurdle in the game at the moment is just finding people to (1) do things with that (2) aren't full retard and (3) are likely to see on a regular basis/ever again.

I haven't really gone looking for an active LS because I'm not really a people person (ie. a bit of an impatient jerk) but even just looking at the shout chatter activity (esp. NA) has certainly declined. For hours on end it's nothing but exp interspersed with AF quests and the occasional Ifrit and the even rarer Moogle. Non-AF dungeon and Garuda shouts are non-existant.

edit: that was a bit of an unrelated tangent

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Patch 1.22 was kinda weak, which is part of the reason I've not played in over a month. I can't be arsed going through the hassle of getting Garuda weapons knowing these were on the way. But it looks like these won't be easy to get so Garuda weapons serve a purpose after all. In reality I think we need content that more than 8 people can participate in before I get interested in the game again. I don't know how hamlet defence works though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

What were the requirements for the soiled note again? Getting that 25K seal item?