1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    What were the requirements for the soiled note again? Getting that 25K seal item?
    That and getting 3 beastmen seals from each of the hamlet defenses (for a total of 9 seals, not 1 of each).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Really hope they make some adjustments to Hamlet soon and not put it off to 2.0 (considering they're building content on it).

Idk what they could do though when the biggest hurdle in the game at the moment is just finding people to (1) do things with that (2) aren't full retard and (3) are likely to see on a regular basis/ever again.

I haven't really gone looking for an active LS because I'm not really a people person (ie. a bit of an impatient jerk) but even just looking at the shout chatter activity (esp. NA) has certainly declined. For hours on end it's nothing but exp interspersed with AF quests and the occasional Ifrit and the even rarer Moogle. Non-AF dungeon and Garuda shouts are non-existant.

edit: that was a bit of an unrelated tangent
    Honestly I haven't seen too many people that want to grind the hamlet seals out. A lot of people are like "fuck it there isn't enough fun content for me to do in this game" and quit. Finding a group of 7 other people to constantly do the boring hamlet grind is a challenge in itself.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There might be more people willing to grind Hamlet now that it's official the weapons are attainted in conjunction with them. Unfortunately, it's still a hot mess of boredom. SE has at least been on the right track as far as weapon stats go lately so hopefully, these weapons are worth the effort. I just hope the RNG tomfoolery stays at the Hamlet level.

A. Body
    BG Level

Even if these are starting out as just AF weapons, I think that's a more natural fit than FFXI's way of handling them. Think about it, in FFXI you didn't even know about them until you were practically "done" with the game and it was inv-1 for a long time after you started. Assuming they do these right, they can be used as a kind of baseline weapon that's better than uncommon, but not as good as hard mode stuff. Every few levels then can be improved to help people who are less inclined towards raids to keep up. Then, by the end game, you can do things to make them surpass any other weapon you can obtain. All the while you've been experiencing the story line and making real progress rather than a bunch of stop & go events with all the advantages loaded on the end.

60k points now awards a new tier of chest at the end of hamlet. Here's hoping it's 100% seal drop.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    60k points now awards a new tier of chest at the end of hamlet. Here's hoping it's 100% seal drop.
    That would be incredible.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The highest-rated treasure coffer will appear upon obtaining a cumulative score of 60,000 or better.
    Eh can't you read this as the current highest-rated chest will now only appear with 60k+ instead of 50k+? I mean I hope I'm wrong, but I don't read it as a new tier of chest, but rather that the conditions for the gold chest is increasing from 50,000 to 60,000+.

Edit: Eh, I looked at the notes in other languages and they're all vague (with Google Translate & my own limited knowledge) they all roughly say the same thing, "when you score 60,000 points you get the best chest;" nothing about a 'new chest.'

Oh.

Yeah.

Shit.

Sounded to me like "the highest-ranked chest" suggested red & gold was not the highest.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That and getting 3 beastmen seals from each of the hamlet defenses (for a total of 9 seals, not 1 of each).
    Yeah... the hell with that.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

And this is just the first part of the quest... Those stats/delay better be GDLK. lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The more I think about it, the more I realize this is a stupid ass addition prior to 2.0. Come relaunch, if these weapons are:

-Still BiS, then you just launched without any new+meaningful content to upgrade the "most important" slot a character has.
    -Not BiS, then you just wasted "relics" and pissed off a bunch of purists (ie: your only customers) for no reason.
    -Not attainable, then you just made outcasts of any new customers youre hoping to gain in your dieing game.
    -Attainable in the same way, then great lets run old boring content with new graphics.
    -Attainable in a different way, then get ready for rage because whether its harder/easier it will be "UNFAIR" to one side of the puzzle.

A. Body
    BG Level

That all assumes a lot of different things, dude.
    Whether or not they remain BiS may be irrelevant if (God forbid) they're like FFXI relics and only like 5 people are supposed to have them in the first year (oh please god no, but you get the point). It hasn't been explicitly stated yet, but they may be continuously upgradable. They could be in a rolling state of BiS and not BiS for the entirety of the game. They're not going to be unattainable in 2.0. Whether or not you get them the same way doesn't matter, cuz if SE makes the questlines boring slogs or meaningful adventures, how "new" it is becomes nitpicking. If the second questline seems boring, odds are the first one was too, you just didn't notice as much.

This all depends entirely on how SE proceeds with the relics. In any case, they way you obtain them will be different as a matter of course considering the physical world is changing. If you mean in terms of mechanical changes, then that might create a debate. Just like the one where they made COP zones capless and I didn't care that I did it hardmode, because making it easier for other people won't subtract from what I got out of it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For anyone that didn't yet find the info:
    After getting the 25k item and the note the next quests have you to bring the class specific weapon double melded with given materia, then you have to kill a stronghold boss and then get a random drop from the new coffers in CC/Vale.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    I just want to see the stats. ._. Gonna be a long day of waiting, and not even a particularly busy workday to keep me from thinking about it.

Incidentally, it's annoying to try to find information on the Legacy items, because searches keep turning up Legacy campaign results. o.x Bah.
    The weapon stats are already in the dat files, I noticed the weapons earlier today, wasn't to sure if it was for ffxi or ffxiv the way it was displayed, guess I can update and extract the info since no one else has posted up the relic weapon dps/stats etc? O_o

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just go here: http://mozk-tabetai.com/ diff > 1.22b

I'm kinda glad they're introducing a long-term goal that is job-specific.

In a game where you can be any class, there is a certain risk to completely lose identity, especially when half of the whole playerbase has most classes at lv.50.
    By picking a single weapon, players can decide which job will stand up as their "main" and most beloved one.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    For anyone that didn't yet find the info:
    After getting the 25k item and the note the next quests have you to bring the class specific weapon double melded with given materia, then you have to kill a stronghold boss and then get a random drop from the new coffers in CC/Vale.
    I'm still kinda at a remove in terms of this stuff. Is that as horrible as FFXI relics or have we made some progress?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    I'm kinda glad they're introducing a long-term goal that is job-specific.

In a game where you can be any class, there is a certain risk to completely lose identity, especially when half of the whole playerbase has most classes at lv.50.
    By picking a single weapon, players can decide which job will stand up as their "main" and most beloved one.
    It's pretty bizarre to have to run around for 200 repetitive hours on DoL to get seals for these weapons, though. Maybe they've increased the drop rate for 60k runs, but Hamlet Defense as it is, has failed as an event. Forcing people to do something they don't like hundreds of times over, something where most of the party won't even be fighting, but crafting and gathering.. Way to kick your playerbase in the stomach just as 2.0 hype is building.

Cel is right, they shouldn't have bothered with this now. And they shouldn't have tied it in as heavily as they did with Hamlet.

You sure have a point. As much as i can be glad they introduced those weapons, it's all for naught if the requirements are pure boredom.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Everything else aside, it's good to know they are learning more and more, what with releasing both sword+shield together!