1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

I'm sure this has already been said but if there were weapons that are as difficult as ffxi relics to obtain I would expect them to be useable by classes as well.

Take a look at the Class-only gear they implemented, how absurdly difficult it is to craft compared to regular gear, and how most of it is shit.

I wouldn't be so sure.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Take a look at the Class-only gear they implemented, how absurdly difficult it is to craft compared to regular gear, and how most of it is shit.

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Sad part is that I think one of the future parts of the Relic quest requires getting one of those Class-only weapons (Mailbreaker etc) and double melding it with specific materia in order to repair the Relic weapon that you're trying to upgrade.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Having every class at 50 and needing different job gear makes inventory a huge concern. You'll still need another weapon just to switch to the class so that you can become the job. Job exclusive weapons are dumb under the current system.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Considering all the terrible things we currently have in the game, many of which were totally on purpose and not just caused from legacy issues that can't be fixed until 2.0, I don't know that I would really expect much of anything.

I would speculate that incredibly difficult to obtain weapons (on the level of FFXI relics) would actually be more likely to be job only. They want jobs to be the go-to for party play. What would be the point of making your class super powerful? So you could just play classes all the time, and never jobs? Seems... counter productive. Not that that, or anything else, would surprise me.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Sad part is that I think one of the future parts of the Relic quest requires getting one of those Class-only weapons (Mailbreaker etc) and double melding it with specific materia in order to repair the Relic weapon that you're trying to upgrade.
    Yes, the current quest afaik, is 9 hamlet seals, double-melded class weapon, then 3 drops from raid bosses which aren't 100% and spawn in their own chest. Something like that, the thread gave me a headache.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by oldoldman View Post
    Having every class at 50 and needing different job gear makes inventory a huge concern. You'll still need another weapon just to switch to the class so that you can become the job. Job exclusive weapons are dumb under the current system.
    I honestly hate the current system. I see pretty much no benefit to having classes, and wish they would scrap the armoury system wholesale. From a design standpoint, it's unnecessarily restrictive, and doesn't really appear to have much benefit. You could easily still let people swap jobs on the fly without changing weapons (hell, at that point, you could even have the job change command "remember" what equipment you were previously wearing on the job and just equip it all), if that's what's desired. I wish they would spend more time giving legacy problems a hard look, and chucking them into the furnace if need be, rather than just trying to pretty everything up.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke View Post
    Considering all the terrible things we currently have in the game, many of which were totally on purpose and not just caused from legacy issues that can't be fixed until 2.0, I don't know that I would really expect much of anything.

I would speculate that incredibly difficult to obtain weapons (on the level of FFXI relics) would actually be more likely to be job only. They want jobs to be the go-to for party play. What would be the point of making your class super powerful? So you could just play classes all the time, and never jobs? Seems... counter productive. Not that that, or anything else, would surprise me.
    Think you misunderstood him. His complain, while entirely legitimate, is that if you had a Relic Weapon and you were on another job you would need to carry an extra weapon with you so that you can do the following (PLD example):

- Currently on Dragoon or whatever.
    - Equip Ifrit's Blade to switch to Gladiator.
    - Equip PLD Job.
    - Equip Curtana

^ you see? You need 2 inventory slots in order to get the use out of 1 item. It's retarded. With the distinction of class and job specific gear switching back and forth has become a nightmare. They should get rid of Classes altogether or buff Jobs so much that Classes are never used (for the most part they aren't anymore. THM is the exception).

Small chance that this isn't an issue with the mannequin system in 2.0.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

What would the point of making jobs better at party play than classes are at solo. It may be what is going to happen but it certainly what they said they were going to do. Having different gear for classes and jobs is annoying if we're expected to use both.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Yes, it seems I did misread a bit. My bad. Either way, I doubt SE cares. What would make the most sense is that when equipping a job specific weapon, you automatically equip the soul crystal and become that job, without needing to equip a class weapon first. That's too simple, and makes too much sense, so they probably won't do it.

As I said, though, I certainly agree with the idea that classes should just be abolished. Fuck classes. Seriously. You certainly won't see me cluttering up my inven with class onry stuff, regardless of how awesome it may or may not be.

As for SE wanting to make jobs better at party play than classes are at solo play, I think that's already the pattern we see emerging.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

If SE intended for jobs to usurp classes then why not just overhaul the system and abolish one or the other. These overlapping identities are annoying.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If SE intended for jobs to usurp classes .
    Well, simply put... they didn't.

SE needs to learn that Jobs do not need to equate roles. This will solve many things

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    SE needs to learn that Jobs do not need to equate roles. This will solve many things
    No thx, SE doesn't need to be like everyone else. I agree classes are worthless but I want my jobs to equate roles.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Well, simply put... they didn't.
    IDK how they didn't think that's what would happen with what they did. It's a terrible design.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It's a terrible design.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    No thx, SE doesn't need to be like everyone else. I agree classes are worthless but I want my jobs to equate roles.
    Everyone else? lol like who? Almost every mmo out there now jobs/classes = roles, this is nothing new, FFXI and FFXIV uses the same principle. This is the very thing that creates us having 2 tanks 2 healers and 10 DDs competing for spots in a party. I guess that is ok =/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Only need 3 seal btw.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

3 of each? 1 of each (3 total)? Random seals (total 3)?

Which one?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Everyone else? lol like who? Almost every mmo out there now jobs/classes = roles, this is nothing new, FFXI and FFXIV uses the same principle. This is the very thing that creates us having 2 tanks 2 healers and 10 DDs competing for spots in a party. I guess that is ok =/
    It's miles ahead of what we had at launch with everyone being able to do everything. In that scenario certain classes were completely useless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast