1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's miles ahead of what we had at launch with everyone being able to do everything. In that scenario certain classes were completely useless.
    The problem was not that everyone can do everything, it was that the entire skill equip system, allowed for everyone to do everything the exact same way. There is no problem if a monk tank and a Pld tank actually played differently using different mechanics, Its just sad that all Jobs share the exact same mechanics across the board, which is pretty silly. But yea that will never change so forget it lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    3 of each? 1 of each (3 total)? Random seals (total 3)?

Which one?
    1 from each Hamlet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

3 from each hamlet

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Did they fix the text yet?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Think you misunderstood him. His complain, while entirely legitimate, is that if you had a Relic Weapon and you were on another job you would need to carry an extra weapon with you so that you can do the following (PLD example):

- Currently on Dragoon or whatever.
    - Equip Ifrit's Blade to switch to Gladiator.
    - Equip PLD Job.
    - Equip Curtana

^ you see? You need 2 inventory slots in order to get the use out of 1 item. It's retarded. With the distinction of class and job specific gear switching back and forth has become a nightmare. They should get rid of Classes altogether or buff Jobs so much that Classes are never used (for the most part they aren't anymore. THM is the exception).

Small chance that this isn't an issue with the mannequin system in 2.0.
    They should make it so if you do a /equip mh "Curtana" it just switches you straight to PLD. Locking you out of being able to play GLA unless you have another weapon. Since majority of time people are using jobs for everything why should equipping a weapon default to the class? Just an unnecessary step everyone is having to take everytime... equip weapon... change to job... equip gear.

Default to job (or let us pick) and use the 'stone' to turn back to class.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wish someone would bring up removing classes to Yoshi.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    They should make it so if you do a /equip mh "Curtana" it just switches you straight to PLD. Locking you out of being able to play GLA unless you have another weapon. Since majority of time people are using jobs for everything why should equipping a weapon default to the class? Just an unnecessary step everyone is having to take everytime... equip weapon... change to job... equip gear.

Default to job (or let us pick) and use the 'stone' to turn back to class.
    Yeah man. Thats why I think it'll change in 2.0. Hopefully their devs played WoW long enough to use/copy Spec Change where you press 1 hotkey and all your hotbars/equipment/specs are changed to whatever it is you selected. Ideally this is how the mannequin system should work just on a bigger scale (we have 7 classes/jobs not including crafting/gathering).

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    Wish someone would bring up removing classes to Yoshi.
    Unless he thought of this from the get-go when they started working on 2.0 and just left classes in 1.0 because they had to work with what they had... I'd say it's a safe bet that classes are still going to be in 2.0.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I know that classes got a 99% chance of being in 2.0 which saddens me a bit.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    *Er, what I meant to say by this is that you did Dynamis for currency/money/armour/synth mats, etc, right? But at the end of the tunnel the big reward was omgexcalibur. In this way, I consider the omgcroutana of R-21 to be the light at the end of the tunnel etc etc
    haha my sig in XI / XIV LS forums has always been this shit that chilicheese posted like 6 years ago:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...FF/crouton.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    The problem was not that everyone can do everything, it was that the entire skill equip system, allowed for everyone to do everything the exact same way. There is no problem if a monk tank and a Pld tank actually played differently using different mechanics, Its just sad that all Jobs share the exact same mechanics across the board, which is pretty silly. But yea that will never change so forget it lol.
    What you're asking for is impossible. There's no way to balance a system that allows everyone to fill every role even in different ways. Some class will always be better than another is some role which automatically removes that option. If every class was able to tank but Monk had abilities to dodge damage often instead of taking it (with healing abilities too because it's need to fit the healer role too) why would anyone take Paladin or anyone else over it? The community will never pick a lesser than optimal option even in PUG so having this whole system would be entirely pointless.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    3 from each hamlet
    You only need 1 from each Hamlet. Someone on my server did it already.

Edit: Also you need to double meld 2Teir IV's on the broken weapon and it stil can break. You only need to do the Rowena quest with the seals once.

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post

Edit: Also you need to double meld 2Teir IV's on the broken weapon and it stil can break. You only need to do the Rowena quest with the seals once.
    Can someone else confirm you only need 1? Cause there's a lot of people saying you need 3 still.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    This is at direct odds with everyone else, including the Localization Team.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post699514

Here's Rowena's 1.22b text btw:
    Rowena: And that's why I'm lookin' to get my hands on three of each─the inferno seals from the Amalj'aa, the vortex seals from the Ixal, and the tremor seals from the kobolds.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post715251

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post716254
    ^this post mentions nine seals and since he has pics of him doing the quest, i'm more apt to believe this

i'm wading through that thread further to find the people with the screenshots, and i hate you for this

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You need to:
    -Gather 25k seals to get "On the Property of Beastmen" and obtain 9 seals (3 Inferno, 3 Tremor, 3 Vortex). afaik can be done in any order.
    -Obtain the class specific weapon and double meld a specific tier4 materia to it.
    -Obtain 3 Mythril Salts or whatever the other thing is depending on your weapon out of CC/AV.

As far as I can tell this as far as anyone has got, so there isn't a definite "you don't need to redo the seals part" since she could still take the promissory note at the end.

*Edit*
    Fixed because I didn't proofread .

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    C/AV.

As far as I can tell this as far as anyone has got, so there's definite "you don't need to redo the seals part" since she could still take the promissory note at the end.
    Well thats some good news I suppose... Shits still incredibly time consuming and it involves doing content that isn't exactly fun (Hamlet).

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I think he meant "there's no definite"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh yeah, sorry <_<. I mean't there's NO definite. Sorry to get your hopes up .

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

/disappoint

Well thats some good news I suppose... Shits still incredibly time consuming and it involves doing content that isn't exactly fun (Hamlet).
    Hamlet's not that bad, just requires people to know what they're doing.

.....well yea I guess that makes it pretty bad most of the time, nvm.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's miles ahead of what we had at launch with everyone being able to do everything. In that scenario certain classes were completely useless.
    What you're saying is almost necessarily contradictory. In the old system where everyone can do everything, how is anyone useless? If THM and CNJ can use all of each other's spells, but THM is 5% better because of the slight native skill bonus, that doesn't make CNJ "useless"; furthermore, when you consider that both classes were great healers before and one of them is an utterly pathetic healer now, to say that one of them was "useless" is silly.

For the most part, you can apply the same thing to the other classes. The only real factor that made a class (read: ARC) stand out were the abilities that couldn't be cross-classed; if MRD/LNC/PGL could have used Multishot to pre-stack attacks and could do Mistral Axe-style ranged auto-attacks with their normal weapons, ARC would never have been dominant.

You can make perfectly valid arguments against everyone being able to do everything, but "it makes certain classes useless" is definitely not one of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast