1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tearshang View Post
    How much would change if relic progress is the only quest progress being carried over to 2.0?
    The events themselves will change. The GC for example will need a whole new bunch of quests to rank up because the current ones will all disappear. Darkhold and most of the raids will need to be changed as well, hamlet will most likely be different too.
    Pretty much any endgame event right now has ties to the current storyline and all this will have to be changed in order to remove those ties.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Good thing they're easy to farm. Already got 50 darksteel amalj'oks in 2h of solo'ing.
    Yeah, this is probably the most 'reasonable' part of the Relic quest so far.

Also I believe Darte is referencing the Hamlet Seals and not the Beastmen Currency (at least, that's the way I heard the rumour), in which case why would you ever need 30 of them? =P

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That might be worth it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes, I meant the seals that normally drop from hamlets. I've had very bad luck running hamlet and never seem to be able to get a seal dropped to me ever. So for folks like me, this might be a way to make some "progress" which is perfectly acceptable to me.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

My alt has a load of currency but I don't fancy subscribing it just to transfer it over. I've not seen the prices of the currency yet but it might be something finally worth spending gil on.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    My alt has a load of currency but I don't fancy subscribing it just to transfer it over. I've not seen the prices of the currency yet but it might be something finally worth spending gil on.
    Are you set up for legacy? I was told once that people who were legacy could log on to any character already, but I haven't tried it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First time I hear something like that

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I was only told it once, and rumor rumor rumor, but if someone could confirm, that would be cool

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

What do you mean? Like, if you're Legacy you can log onto any character? Uhh... well, let me see. I have a few alts that I've longed stopped paying for. I know I currently can't log into them.

edit: It's making me pay Crysta to reactivate them and I'm too lazy to monkey with that, so bleh

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    What do you mean? Like, if you're Legacy you can log onto any character? Uhh... well, let me see. I have a few alts that I've longed stopped paying for. I know I currently can't log into them.

edit: It's making me pay Crysta to reactivate them and I'm too lazy to monkey with that, so bleh
    Bolded part is what I needed confirmation on. The person that told me this said they weren't paying for a character, but were able to log onto them once they were Legacy. I guess they were mistaken.

Thanks for the clarification!

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

There was a free welcome-back week at the same time people started getting legacy status. That caused me some confusion as well.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Bolded part is what I needed confirmation on. The person that told me this said they weren't paying for a character, but were able to log onto them once they were Legacy. I guess they were mistaken.

Thanks for the clarification!
    Yeah, that's false. I just reactivated my legacy account yesterday and had to leave my alts inactive to avoid paying for them.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've seen it's 17 minutes to get the 100% drop out of the AV chest, but I've seen conflicting reports about needing to 5 chest and not needing to 5 chest it. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I've seen it's 17 minutes to get the 100% drop out of the AV chest, but I've seen conflicting reports about needing to 5 chest and not needing to 5 chest it. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?
    I can tell you for sure after some LS mates log on.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Saw people on lodestone say they ignored 5chest run to get <17 mins and they did not get drop.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Makes me think these alt accounts might be worth something in the future if they have legacy status. I don't fancy subscribing it for 90 days just to test that theory however.

But yeah you can't log into them, they aren't even related to your main as far as I know.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't know if this is intentional or not, or whether I just got absurdly unlucky, but after 6 hours of Ixali farming:
    335 willowknots
    52 mapleknots
    30 ebonknots

Droprate was unchanged between 40-43 camps and 46-49 camps in Coerthas. Sub-40 camps dropped only willowknots (I farmed an additional 80 on top of the 335 from the 40+ camps).

This is in comparison to several people finishing a stack of darksteel amaljoks in 4-6 hours.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Two members in my linkshell are reporting similar drop rates of about 4-6/h on Ebonknots.

Yep, got my stack of darksteel in 5.5h. I feel bad for people needing the other types at this point ;x

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I haven't farmed anything but Ixali, but in the short time I did farm currency (about 3 hours worth only), I noticed only a specific class of ixali would drop mapleknot and ebonknot. Does this happen for the other beastmen or was I just retarded and seeing things?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I guess no one held onto their assload of willowknots from all those trips to Natalan? I still have like... 300~400.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast