1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Told ya you should have come to Hyperion, Kuro.

I have no interest in playing a game or doing an event where 8 people carry 18 or more.
    It isnt about carrying people.
    A standard group of players could always be comprised of some hardcore "all stars" and others that are more average. Everyone benefits from it, and anyone who had a nice, successful LS in FFXI can understand what I mean.

The moment you limit the whole endgame content to 8 people, and make it pretty demanding in terms of skills/gear, you're pushing people into static parties.
    Which is something some people may even appreciate, but scaring in terms of making a profitable MMOs.

I preferred Salvage and Nyzul to other content for exactly this reason, lol.

If content requires 18 people in 14, they would make the content sufficiently difficult for 18 people. You've now taken your required static size of 8 to 18 and those 18 need to be just as skilled as the 8. This is not an easy task (finding 18 people) and it ignores that you probably need to find 18-24 people because not everyone is always on/same jobs/etc.

If content requires 18 people to enter and the difficulty remains the same (8 skilled people) then yes, 8 people are carrying 18. The 10 people who show up so the 8 can enter require drops, their contribution can't be valued any less equal than anyone else's and so overall those 8 people who are good players wait longer to get gear they could simply get much faster if they could go by themselves.

I think the first option is bad game design because it is very difficult to get people together like that, and the second bad because it requires that a small group of people do content and give drops to a larger group of people simply because the smaller group needs the larger group to participate.

"Successful" shells in XI did this because drops weren't DKP based and favoritism ruled. I could tell all the crap players they were last in line because my buddy the DRK was getting his e.body first and they should just deal with it. If you can find enough derps to run a shell like that in XIV and succeed, more power to you. I just feel this kind of system is unjust, crap players in your shell have a right to gear; to avoid that I'd rather just not have to do content that requires numbers for entry.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I have no interest in playing a game or doing an event where 8 people carry 18 or more.

@Kuro: And most shouts require the achievement for winning something prior to doing the content. People like me, while maybe not perfect at some events strat the first few times we do it, have read/watched/researched enough to be doing it well enough to win.
    Yeah I know all the fights as well but that's not getting me invited to those rare pugs. I'll log in for a few hours on Saturday and only see 1 shout for Moogle/Garuda.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    Told ya you should have come to Hyperion, Kuro.
    Heh yeah... Oh well. :/

Oh you should be on now then, there have been 2 moogle shouts already this morning lol. I see a ton of AV/Moogle/Ifrit shouts, not so many CC. Could always make your own :3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I shouted av n cc for 1 month straight. Got my armor n cuirass doing 10 cycles a day average.

U just gotta put in effort. There r always other 7 lazy people out there waiting for a shout, n u just gotta make it happen. As time goes, u notice the same hardcore shout members joining n u create a undrstanding with each other n there goes ur static grp

I do speak japanese tho.... So.....

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    I shouted av n cc for 1 month straight. Got my armor n cuirass doing 10 cycles a day average.

U just gotta put in effort. There r always other 7 lazy people out there waiting for a shout, n u just gotta make it happen. As time goes, u notice the same hardcore shout members joining n u create a undrstanding with each other n there goes ur static grp

I do speak japanese tho.... So.....
    Yes exactly this, people are to lazy to setup shit, expect people to hold their hands.

I setup PUG all the time when my LS has no enough interest especially when D3 was released, doing at least 3sets of raids everyday, made friends from various endgame LS that are also lacking members, now they invite me to their events when they dont have enough ppl, never have i gone a day without doing nothing, right now i am sitting at 12/15 darklight gears, RNG is bullshit but it does pay off eventually.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yea same here. Once the pug gets going, there wont be a day u have nothing to do unless u dont wanna do...

Most people who have nothing to do usually too attached to non dedicated ls member who lazy to get dl cos of droprate ( funny part is those who complain r people who do av cc less than 2 cycle daily average)

Granted u wanna wait for ls to progress together but do they even care?
    Sometimes u just gotta suck it up n diy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    One player is the seller, one player is the buyer; the gil is not leaving the economy. I agree, they could use some gil sinks.

Edit: beaten.
    actually, materia melding is a gilsink, in that people buy materia from the merchantile houses, and there's a tax applied. (i think around 2-5% of the sale depending on which ward you use?) That tax gets taken out of the economy. Plus, theres up to 5k tax applied from buying straight from the house instead of going through the wards yourself, which is more money being taken out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I could be slightly mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the fee charged for using the Mercantile houses is the same as from buying from the search menu. That fee caps at 4k or 5k.

If you want to get technical, sure, that's a gil sink. I'd call it more of a gil trickle though, and it doesn't even put a dent the sheer amount of gil created by all the random shit that people NPC because it's trash.

The ward taxes are a gil sink, just because something is bought and sold in the wards doesn't suddenly make it its own special gil sink.

I'm fairly sure people were buying and selling materia and weapons before the relic quests were introduced.

I'd almost say I'm certain of it.

Yup he was, He also used to come MNK/WHM to PT's telling everyone Chi Blast outdamaged everything

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Fail way to get your post count

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is a very specialized post-bot. I'm impressed.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

SKYNET

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Man, I hate spammers that just want to front their 'home page'. Why is setting a 'home page' even an account option? Does anyone use that shit except spammers? Some forum curators I've spoken with didn't even know that was a thing.