1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 21 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 190 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Can someone explain how to use the stat redistribution item? "The Keeper's Hymn" or whatever it's called.. No one I've asked seems to know, and a couple people have said you can't use them until 2.0?? I messed up my thm stats and have +20 str when I thought you could only do stats for your whole character instead of per job.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try at the class guild? I think someone mentioned that.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Can someone explain how to use the stat redistribution item? "The Keeper's Hymn" or whatever it's called.. No one I've asked seems to know, and a couple people have said you can't use them until 2.0?? I messed up my thm stats and have +20 str when I thought you could only do stats for your whole character instead of per job.
    You can definitely use it in game now. Go to any guild, someone behind the counter will offer stat reset. afaik you can only do it once per job, I've only ever attempted it once because I only needed to do it once.

For what it's worth, fairly certain which guild you go to doesn't matter. Reset my WHM points at the MRD guild (also spent 20 minutes looking for the correct NPC on that boat, I advise you go to a real city and do it)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The item is the same for resetting points on any class, so you can use it as many times one whichever classes until you run out of items. However, you only get 7 of the item (one for each initial job quest).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    ^ Would be my initial response since we don't really have any idea how Berserk works as far as initial/accumulated bonuses.

Assuming there is an initial bonus I doubt it's very high and probably not high enough to warrant the time it takes to activate Berserk then re-activate Rampage after WS, also resetting any accumulated Rampage effect.
    I've been playing again for about 3 days, I quit before all these changes to combat. Wasn't reading the text carefully enough for job abilities since I've been back. So yeah you're right Berserk is definitely pretty much trash.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the 25k Grindy Bow worthwhile? Obviously the Ul'dah one decimates it but that isn't an option to me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Sure. Beyond the obvious relic weapons and some primal weapons, the Lieutenant weapons have the highest DPS of anything else in the game. The Grid + Ul'dah bows have similar DPS (because of the delay 3.3 vs 4.1), so I'd hardly say it "decimates" it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

At the point in quest lines where I need to pick a Grand Company. 32 MRD atm but finishing up all the grand company recruit quests. I do plan to focus on DRG and WAR down the line. I am leaning toward Limsa but what are the restrictions in gear and story when you join a Grand Company outside of limiting yourself to that specific questline?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They each carry weapons for all classes that are pretty equivalent to each other.

As far as story goes, you'll only miss out on the other GC quests, but that's just how it goes.

I'm of the mind that you should just join whatever GC you want to join.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ok cool, because I love the Corsair/Luzaf storyline too much from XI to pick anything other than Limsa unless the options for WAR or DRG were too good elsewhere.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Sure. Beyond the obvious relic weapons and some primal weapons, the Lieutenant weapons have the highest DPS of anything else in the game. The Grid + Ul'dah bows have similar DPS (because of the delay 3.3 vs 4.1), so I'd hardly say it "decimates" it.
    Isn't there a substantial difference due to the base DMG? I know WS figures will be similar but won't the Ul'Dah one do a lot more Light Shot damage? Although I guess that's less substantial after the Light Shot nerf (have only played BRD once since)

Thanks though! If it's worth picking up over non-relic options (doubt I'll get a Garuda bow either anytime soon) then that's good enough for me.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You'll do more per light shot with Ul'dah's, sure, but you can shoot ~25% faster with Gridania's which should make up for it. I'm no math junky though, so I defer to anyone who wants to step in and claim otherwise.

It'll cost you more in arrows, but beyond that, they should be pretty much the same damage output.

I requested something melded and they did it, but now when I try to put a 2nd meld on it it tells me nothx.

If I want a double meld do I need to find someone and trade the items, is this 1xmeld item recoverable/able to be melded again, what's the deal.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yes, you cannot use the materia meld request system for anything but single melds.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.22 patch notes
    [dev1358] Players are now able to request others to meld materia on their behalf in the same manner as seeking repairs.
    Upon selecting either a piece of gear or materia in the inventory interface, you will be presented with the option to request this service. Making the request incurs a fee commensurate with the required level of the item to which materia will be melded, payable in gil to the player who accepts the request.

* In addition to the abovementioned fee, players must also provide a suitable catalyst.
    * This method allows only the melding of the first piece of materia to any given item.
    * Only players who possess a materia assimilator can make a melding request.

But it can still be melded a 2nd time, or am I SOL?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yes, you can have it melded again. You just can't use the simple request interface to do so.

I can't say I've actually tried to do that, so I could be wrong, but for them to lock you into a single materia just because you used the request interface would be incredibly stupid on SE's part.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You just have to trade the weapon and the 2nd materia/catalyst.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is this game still free to play until 2.0 hits? Considering getting into it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

No.

A. Body
    BG Level

Stopped being free in January, iirc. When the beta rolls in, it'll be free again until the official release drops.

THAT SAID, I'm sure you can find this game for like 5 bucks somewhere.

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 190 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast