1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    Yeah the latest interview from gamerscape was very sobering in expectations. For some it was disappointing but to me I was elated. The beta will be a real beta, we will get to play the game on new characters while the old ones are put in freezer waiting to thaw into the new world. This means we can't work on our old characters but we will at least temporarily be able to play on new ones to experience it as a fresh new player before heading back to our old characters, it also means 3-4 months extra polish and bug squashing and content that we will need to do on our normal characters.
    I didn't get that from the interview. The way I understood it was that there would be a possible 1 month gap between end of 1.23 and the start of 2.0 beta in order to move over all character data. I don't think they would make people start new characters for the beta after moving their data over... They need to make sure everything went through smoothly so it'll benefit them to let players log into their accounts and make sure everything is intact. Which is why I think you'll be able to log into your own character for beta.

Then again I could be wrong.

Edit: Add to this the fact that beta will be about 4 months and you'll be able to remake your character (race/features/etc) while keeping your stats.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I didn't get that from the interview. The way I understood it was that there would be a possible 1 month gap between end of 1.23 and the start of 2.0 beta in order to move over all character data. I don't think they would make people start new characters for the beta after moving their data over... They need to make sure everything went through smoothly so it'll benefit them to let players log into their accounts and make sure everything is intact. Which is why I think you'll be able to log into your own character for beta.

Edit: Add to this the fact that beta will be about 4 months and you'll be able to remake your character (race/features/etc) while keeping your stats.
    The reason I came to that conclusion is that it said specifically in the interview that they would be closing the 1.0 servers down when beta went live and that it would take 'approximately' 1 month port stuff over, but that was just talking logistics.

What’s going to happen is that after the current version is finished and storyline over, the servers will go down and the 2.0 beta will start up
    - >
    So the beta test and current game will not be operating simultaneously?

Yoshida: No. Because we need the time to convert the data from the current version to the new version, we can’t have people keep playing because they will keep updating their data.
    ->
    How much downtime do you expect between the end of the beta test and the launch 2.0?

Yoshida: It won’t be anything like the next day, but we hope to have it be as short as possible.
    In other words beta starts = Version 1 servers closing forever, there will no concurrent running servers between beta and live, when beta ends a small amount of time (more then 1 day) will transpire before the real 2.0 servers go live. Thus if you look at the timeline set in their road map and what he said before: Beta is October-November to January/whenever they feel it has been tested enough. During the real beta (not alpha which is scheduled to start in September) the 1.0 servers will not be live and we will likely not be able to use our characters in the 2.0 beta so logically, that means 3-4 months or however it takes for them finish beta our characters will be out of commission.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I notice some people mentioning the FFXIV windower and dual monitor setups and I wanted to as ka few questions, hopefully they see them D:

First: There's an FFXIV windower? atm I just use Steam but it's nto really the ideal setup..

Second: When you use dual monitors, how do you keep FFXIV from crashing (i'm assuming the windower). I tried a dual monitor setup but doing anything on the second monitor causes the game to crash as if I alt tabbed.

Third: Anyone know if FFXIV can support being split across 2 monitors?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ooh! I can answer this one. You set it to windowed mode and the native resolution of the desired monitor in FFXIV config; You set which monitor it appears on there as well.

As for the split across multiple monitors bit, I could have sworn I've seen it done, but I can't recall where.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I also understood that they will be porting during the beta while we play on new characters. Especially if porting really takes so long then what's the point of bothering with porting data for a beta.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I also understood that they will be porting during the beta while we play on new characters. Especially if porting really takes so long then what's the point of bothering with porting data for a beta.
    That could be the case for Alpha. ;o

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That could be the case for Alpha. ;o
    Except Yoshida specifically mentions the servers would go down for porting when Beta starts up, not Alpha So unless he intends to let us play our characters again mid way into beta, they are probably not going to be seen till after beta ends.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    More like 2013 (See: FINAL FANTASY XIV Outline on the 2.0 Lodestone teaser). They may start changing the world early, but it won't be considered 2.0 until it's ready for re-release in Jan 2013 (or later).
    Fall for Beta. Launch is early 2013 for sure. I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they expect all this "launch" stuff available when Beta starts. Odds are Chocobo breeding, Crystal Tower, other 24-man raids get implemented like 2-3 weeks before the official launch of the PS3 version.

When beta hits, expect very little difference in terms of content. Just soak in that new (hopefully fluid and responsive) UI/client.
    All that says is that the client goes on sale then. The only time it says beta clearly is with the PS3 version. It may technically be a beta in that they're not selling 2.0 until 2013 and they're giving it to everyone who already plays for free, but anyone who feels inclined to buy a new copy of the game will have access to 2.0, so I don't see the difference.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

What are these faction credits I keep getting, what can I spend them on, and where?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

On Faction Leves. They are separate category at the npc that gives you battle leves.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's Ultimate Warrior's mask, I CAN DREAM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    When you look at the Warrior job icon:

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl...120.png?_v=8k0

...do you see a double-sided axe blade, or an Ultimate Warrior-style mask?
    I see:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...pWYh39NP96DOHn

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    On Faction Leves. They are separate category at the npc that gives you battle leves.
    Which reminds me, are any of the faction leves worth doing? I've heard the content is outdated, but I haven't done any in over a year.

To call them outdated is giving it too much credit I think.

The only unique rewards that come from them afaik are the rune stones you trade to Rowena for the Buccaneer/Templar/Harlequin sets.

Certain crafting mats only come from them too I think but the only one I can think of off-hand is the scarred kite shield used for Vintage.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    To call them outdated is giving it too much credit I think.

The only unique rewards that come from them afaik are the rune stones you trade to Rowena for the Buccaneer/Templar/Harlequin sets.

Certain crafting mats only come from them too I think but the only one I can think of off-hand is the scarred kite shield used for Vintage.
    The faction leves have long since been updated to just straight drop the gear rather than the runestones, but yeah, it's all junk. The only faction points I care about are Horn and Hand since you can do those on DoH/DoL jobs for exp.

That's good to know (I guess?).

I check them every now and then but the rewards are never worthwhile, is everything expected to come from end-of-leve chests or random ones that spawn during?

I was looking around for how to get a hold of Scarred shields to try and make a +1 but info on which leves would drop it was old and scarce. Since the leve rewards never list stuff like that I assume it all does come from the chests randomly.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

How do I seek for an exp party, a la /inv? Or is that one of the other nice ideas from FFXI they decided to jettison wholesale with little to no reason?

Also, is there any way to filter search results in the market wards by level / what I can wear currently?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You can put up a flag in the party search menu. Set yourself as seeking party, then choose the class seeking as and go. Not at PC atm but it's something like that.

There's no way to filter by level, only item name. The tailor wards are divided into lower/middle/upper however, which divides those items by levels 1-19, 20-39, and 40-50 respectively.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

anyone figure out how to get the imperial pieces for the new armor recipes? I would assume they're from the stronghold, but mobs or chests etc?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The tools for making a party seem nice enough, but I don't see how I can put up my (!) flag.

Edit: Nevermind, found it after a bit of googling. Main Menu -> Recruit -> Purpose: Seek party. Still way too complicated though, and borderline misleading.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast