1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Is there any info on what effect the base stats (Dex, Str) have on crafting? Should I be prioritizing those over mag/craftmanship or are their effects still unknown. I love manipulation, but I suppose I am missing a few of the better skills.

Raldo, careful can take up 10 durability, especially when you only have 10 left. It's much rarer then 8 or 9, but always much safer to go down to 11 durability and call it quits. Unfortunately, I used to think it was 10 and learnt the hard way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    Raldo, careful can take up 10 durability, especially when you only have 10 left. It's much rarer then 8 or 9, but always much safer to go down to 11 durability and call it quits. Unfortunately, I used to think it was 10 and learnt the hard way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo
    Careful will never use up more than 10, even on fails.
    Yeah, I know. That's exactly what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    Is there any info on what effect the base stats (Dex, Str) have on crafting? Should I be prioritizing those over mag/craftmanship or are their effects still unknown. I love manipulation, but I suppose I am missing a few of the better skills.
    Only one base stat will ever affect your crafting at any one time, and this base stat only affects your quality gains. Which stat you should focus on depends on which DoH you're on, and which tool you're using. I will see if I can dig up the official quote for this for you.

Edit: I cannot find the quote, but the base stat should only affect your quality gains. It's somewhere on the lodestone, but I can't find it for the life of me.

This is not the quote I was looking for, but it'll suffice.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post415358
    Attributes for Disciples of the Hand will increase the resulting product's quality.
    Edit2: Found it. Bottom section. http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...54e0866aa89b46

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Y
    This is not the quote I was looking for, but it'll suffice.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post415358

Edit2: Found it. Bottom section. http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...54e0866aa89b46
    Thanks! that is very helpful.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I'm kind of surprised that some would complain about quest based leveling, when leve's was essentially the same thing. Leve's are essentially "repeatable daily quests"... where as questing, will technically have no limit, you don't repeat them, and you see new lore/quest text per quest.

It would change the (when I was playing, before instances) current FFXIV from a "wait for leve's or afk in town looking for a exp group for hours" (or solo for countless hours). To a level at your own pace through quests at a decent rate with lore behind what you do... soorta.

Or to put it in a easier to understand way for those that see it different.
    (I took a break a bit before instances but anyway!)

Old way
    Exp by daily leve quest
    Exp by solo grind same mob for hours
    Exp by group grind same mob for hours
    Exp by instance group

New way
    Exp by quests solo
    --- Kill X monsters (different monsters)
    --- Find X items
    --- Explore , talk to X etc
    exp by quests in groups (different monsters)
    exp by instances

Quests get you moving around, to see new area's and places and to kill new things constantly. I guess some people are still stuck on and or liked the old way of staying in 1 spot with people for hours, swapping stories with strangers killing raptors for 8->16+ hours per day (or at least I was grinding like that before leves gave alot exp back in the day).

Overall... the "questing" to level method will be great, for the showing off the new FFXIV 2.0 , if you want your playerbase to move around and see the new "huge" world they plan to show us. It will take out some of the "excitement" of wondering aimlessly into suicidal mobs exploring but not all of it.

(p.s.) wrote this on and off at work so may be a little strange

What is the refresh+1 on Dalmatica/Darklight robe? Is it literally 200mp/tic ->201mp/tic, is it some sort of multiplier, etc?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's just 1mp/tic, haha

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Hey now, Darklight Robe is +3 thank you very much

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Hey now, Darklight Robe is +3 thank you very much
    Sorry let me correct myself, it's whatever number is displayed. Not a multiplier is what I meant.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    quest stuff
    Because WoW does quest leveling, and WoW is bad. Haven't you learned yet?!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I'm kind of surprised that some would complain about quest based leveling, when leve's was essentially the same thing. Leve's are essentially "repeatable daily quests"... where as questing, will technically have no limit, you don't repeat them, and you see new lore/quest text per quest.

It would change the (when I was playing, before instances) current FFXIV from a "wait for leve's or afk in town looking for a exp group for hours" (or solo for countless hours). To a level at your own pace through quests at a decent rate with lore behind what you do... soorta.

Or to put it in a easier to understand way for those that see it different.
    (I took a break a bit before instances but anyway!)

Old way
    Exp by daily leve quest
    Exp by solo grind same mob for hours
    Exp by group grind same mob for hours
    Exp by instance group

New way
    Exp by quests solo
    --- Kill X monsters (different monsters)
    --- Find X items
    --- Explore , talk to X etc
    exp by quests in groups (different monsters)
    exp by instances

Quests get you moving around, to see new area's and places and to kill new things constantly. I guess some people are still stuck on and or liked the old way of staying in 1 spot with people for hours, swapping stories with strangers killing raptors for 8->16+ hours per day (or at least I was grinding like that before leves gave alot exp back in the day).

Overall... the "questing" to level method will be great, for the showing off the new FFXIV 2.0 , if you want your playerbase to move around and see the new "huge" world they plan to show us. It will take out some of the "excitement" of wondering aimlessly into suicidal mobs exploring but not all of it.

(p.s.) wrote this on and off at work so may be a little strange
    the problems with this is that if you have to gather 10-15 quests at a time, it will take you forever to read all of the "lore" for every quest. and lore that is continued in another quest.. you forget about because you did 14 more quests before that. and i dont think "i'll finish telling you about dalamud once you bring me 10 lucky rabbit feet" and then "i'll tell you how we lived once you kill 10 justin beibers" at least leve didnt try to mask how boring it was. if i wanted to read a book to learn story, i would do that. i play ff mmo's because story is contained in storyline missions, not meaningless and monotonous quest lines where you read 3 pages of crap to either a)kill x amount of mobs or b) bring me x amount of items from y mob

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

You're complaining that you'll forget the story if you have to do 10 quests in between story missions, but seem to have no problem with the FFXI format of "you can keep on doing the story after grinding for 10 levels". Ok.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

what would cause a retainer to just vanish from a ward? it took me over a week to get a retainer placed, and last night at 3am, i put my second one at a stall.

today at 1pm, the game says that both of my retainers are where i left them, but neither of them are there, neither of them sold out, i did not leave either of them unattended for days.

ive had this happen before, but i cant figure out what causes it. even before, i had never had this happen with a stand retainer. its stupid for us to jump through hoops and camp the wards for them to just disappear when they feel like it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you forget lore because you did a few quests in between one and the other, then I doubt you're going to have much success reading books.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You're complaining that you'll forget the story if you have to do 10 quests in between story missions, but seem to have no problem with the FFXI format of "you can keep on doing the story after grinding for 10 levels". Ok.
    a) no one did the story quest by quest, except for maybe the first 3 or 4 ranks. which contained pretty much "the shadow lord is comming"
    b) you didnt have to simultaneously follow 10 storylines before finishing 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    If you forget lore because you did a few quests in between one and the other, then I doubt you're going to have much success reading books.
    very clever.. but the point isnt even forgetting, the point is, if you had to read pages of crap every single time you take a quest. you would never finish. i highly doubt anything they say is even memorable, it hasnt been in any other of these games structured like this.

final fantasy has never been a "read all this crap to know what happened" its always been "we'll show it happening" even relating to past events, all of the important stuff has been in cutscenes. i will be ok with a questing system if none of the core story is involved in it.

"hey.. then the 3 siblings ran away and prishe chased after them... now go kill 10 bears" ..its retarded

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Do you read the lore for all the leves you pick up? I imagine "quest based leveling" is going to be mainly your one-off throw-away quests that have nothing important to say. If they're smart, they'll throw most of the text for the junk quests into a window similar to how leves do it, so you can either choose to read it or not.

So long as they compensate the exp reward for the time it takes to read all their blathering and go to/from the quest issuer and the target, I think it's alright.

If you're able to forget the series of events that occurred in the main storyline because you've done 14 quests between then and now, then SE has done some bad bad baaaaaaad storytelling... just like the already-existing main scenario.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Do you read the lore for all the leves you pick up?
    Yes. I make earrings for strippers in Ul'dah for their vaginas or some shit, it's gross.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I think getting upset at a quest system we haven't had a chance to experience yet is a little silly but that's me.

As for the disappearing retainers... Wasn't there a maintenance yesterday or two days ago? Those tend to throw retainers out of the wards... or at least they did.

I haven't used the wards in forever to sell my stuff.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
    a) no one did the story quest by quest, except for maybe the first 3 or 4 ranks. which contained pretty much "the shadow lord is comming"
    b) you didnt have to simultaneously follow 10 storylines before finishing 1.

very clever.. but the point isnt even forgetting, the point is, if you had to read pages of crap every single time you take a quest. you would never finish. i highly doubt anything they say is even memorable, it hasnt been in any other of these games structured like this.

final fantasy has never been a "read all this crap to know what happened" its always been "we'll show it happening" even relating to past events, all of the important stuff has been in cutscenes. i will be ok with a questing system if none of the core story is involved in it.

"hey.. then the 3 siblings ran away and prishe chased after them... now go kill 10 bears" ..its retarded
    They wouldn't have done that for the prishe storyline anyway. At least, thinking to WoW's quest, more of the "major" storyline bits are usually a chain quest that you would pay attention to because of phasing and through the dungeons.

Fuck you for reminding me how awesome phasing is btw and how ffxiv will probably never have it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Do you read the lore for all the leves you pick up? I imagine "quest based leveling" is going to be mainly your one-off throw-away quests that have nothing important to say. If they're smart, they'll throw most of the text for the junk quests into a window similar to how leves do it, so you can either choose to read it or not.

So long as they compensate the exp reward for the time it takes to read all their blathering and go to/from the quest issuer and the target, I think it's alright.

If you're able to forget the series of events that occurred in the main storyline because you've done 14 quests between then and now, then SE has done some bad bad baaaaaaad storytelling... just like the already-existing main scenario.
    hey i liked the main scenario until it stopped. but i had assumed the quest text in all games were just throw away crap like "hey these wolves ate my chickens.. go kill some" , until like 2 years after i played wow for a few months, someone was talking about how amazing the story is.. and im like ...uhh.. story?? "yeah.. in the quest details!" >.>.... why the hell would i read all that crap??

edit: phasing?

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast