1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 40 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I actually had trouble following what was going on in the main scenario in FFXIV (partially because of the length of time between quests). The story didn't really captivate me until the end.

Oh man, this discussion just made me think of FFXIII-2.

Just think if every time you start a new story mission you get a THE STORY SO FAR recap!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

rofl that sounds annoying.. useful as an optional thing in case you stopped playing for a while.. but thats what custscene replay features are for

I actually had trouble following what was going on in the main scenario in FFXIV (partially because of the length of time between quests). The story didn't really captivate me until the end.
    yeah.. it was cool but like 2 or 3 of the last missions were pretty random.. but i figure by then they had given up and started working on GC quests for the end

edit:

but really.. can someone please tell me why my retainers decided they didnt want to stay where i put them?

hmm.. my crysta ran out this morning.. would that do it?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
    rofl that sounds annoying.. useful as an optional thing in case you stopped playing for a while.. but thats what custscene replay features are for

yeah.. it was cool but like 2 or 3 of the last missions were pretty random.. but i figure by then they had given up and started working on GC quests for the end

edit:

but really.. can someone please tell me why my retainers decided they didnt want to stay where i put them?

hmm.. my crysta ran out this morning.. would that do it?
    Yeah that's what happened, ran out of Crysta, account went inactive for a minute, you lost retainer spots.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Yes. I make earrings for strippers in Ul'dah for their vaginas or some shit, it's gross.
    Aww cmon I loved doing "Pleasure and Pain" its a very important service we provide! Much better than making commemorative rings.

I think as long as the quest rewards are great enough then its worthwhile venture. Trying to complete all the current lowbie quests in game is toture because I do all this running around and all i get is 200 exp. Its great if you are trying to teach a starting player the area, and small injections of lore are great if its in a managable chunk. When the quest is multiple paragraphs long I don't really care enough to read what its about.

I think the quest design in ffxi was very well done, aside from the lack of reward and general time to completion. Lord of the Rings online also had a better quest system, made me feel like I was in a living world. I find that WoW and Tera had very superficial quests and there was no way I could be fooled into caring about why I was killing rats or w/e.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    Aww cmon I loved doing "Pleasure and Pain" its a very important service we provide! Much better than making commemorative rings.

I think as long as the quest rewards are great enough then its worthwhile venture. Trying to complete all the current lowbie quests in game is toture because I do all this running around and all i get is 200 exp. Its great if you are trying to teach a starting player the area, and small injections of lore are great if its in a managable chunk. When the quest is multiple paragraphs long I don't really care enough to read what its about.

I think the quest design in ffxi was very well done, aside from the lack of reward and general time to completion. Lord of the Rings online also had a better quest system, made me feel like I was in a living world. I find that WoW and Tera had very superficial quests and there was no way I could be fooled into caring about why I was killing rats or w/e.
    this a thousand times. at least the leve system dosent try to pretend to be interesting. nothing is perfect though, honestly sometimes i prefer grinding, but sometimes you get very good items from the quests (DBO)

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Aozora View Post

edit: phasing?
    Something I feel like should become standard in every mmo, but so far WoW is the only one to do it.

Imagine this:

You go to a small farm, there are dead chickens everywhere, the farm roof is collapsed, farmer's daughter is in the house. The farmer says "there are foxes killing all of my chickens! please kill 10 foxes to stop this!" So you go out and kill 10 foxes. When you come back the dead chickens are all cleaned up. The farmer says "I need a new roof! Collect 5 pieces of wood!" You go and collect the wood, and come back. Now there are more live chickens running around.

Farmer says "my daughter is getting married, she needs a new dress! Collect 10 threads" You go out collect the threads, come back, even more chickens are wandering about, the roof is repaired.

Farmer says "we need more food for the wedding! Get ten meat from dodos!" You do, come back, daughter is now wearing a dress.

so on and so forth.

Small example there, they usually did it with the scourge taking over towns and more buildings would get burnt n' such.. This is all completely done without any form of zoning. So it isn't just about you experiencing a storyline, you're actually participating/changing shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, to be fair leve do use a kind of phasing, but yeah, it doesn't compare.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i'd be game for something like that lol.. gives it a soulblazer feel lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well, to be fair leve do use a kind of phasing, but yeah, it doesn't compare.
    ya their phasing though is just to prevent people from killing each other's mobs instead of progressing the storyline.

I completely agree when I play mmos that do quest lines, I just spam the chat and wait for the objective marker. When they do the phasing thing though I actually pay attention to what's going on, because the world around me is actually changing with it. Plus, to give Blizz credit, they make some fucking interesting and hilarious storylines to go with the phasing thing. It really got me going.

They made an awesome storyline in East Plaguelands (if you have WoW and never bothered, go do it), with a Worgen female driving a blood elf and dwarf from village to village. After you completed the quests in a village you hopped on the carriage with them. The chats the npcs gave during that time are so fucking funny.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just finished Living on a Prayer and it gave me the achievement Once in a lifetime which rewards the Dalamud Horn. It says it's complete but I don't see it in my inventory, is there something else I need to do?

You get achievement rewards by talking to the NPC associated with the category of achievement, name and location are at the top of the achievement list when browsing that category.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To be fair the recap in XIII-2 is completely skippable like any other cutscene in the game.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just got a mogwand "kupo." Out of curiosity, what do you need to activate the "chance to restore mp"?

The restore hp/mp on mog weapons is an additional effect on melee hits, so you're not gonna get any use out of the wand/staff effects.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow, how crappy is that for mages.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol that is gay...especially as I already have the blm one too LOL (and my blm is only 25 ;_ I want the fork and/or bow. They are so cute.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If you're going for cute you need those h2h

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Would be amazing if ffxiv had phase questing like wow... its a great break from the usual "go here do X, kill X collect X" because all of what your doing changes stuff as ya do it. Someone go suggest it to SE

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You know, after watching the opening scene I was hoping that leves would be some form of dynamic instanced quest . You/your group pick a leve, and you use your echo to experience a mini event that has already happened. (You and your allies have been captured. Find your party members, procure your armaments, and escape from the holding facility in one piece.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

about phasing.. what happens when youre say.. all done with all of your level 50's... but you havent really done any quests.. does that mean to you, all of the buildings and stuff will be all busted up until you spend all of your time rebuilding for no xp? and what happens with people on multiple jobs for these quests.. typically they can only be accepted once.. i think they'll do something aside from the typical questing system

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 190 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast