1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's also the friend code? But I dunno if anyobody still has those.
    Anyway, the game is so dirt cheap now I see why not just buy it and try.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I still have my friend code if anyone wants it....im almost certain that i haven't given it to anyone before now but i'll apologise now if it does turn out to be invaild lol so PM if you want it

edit: code has been given away

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Have fun getting the game client, if you're just using a friend code!

I'm sure it's available somewhere; just sayin' it not exactly simple since it's not provided from SE anywhere that I know of.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

blackcats-games.net..?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are stands only held daily? I've got more than enough gil on my retainer to keep her there continuously, but she keeps disappearing.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Pooke View Post
    Are stands only held daily? I've got more than enough gil on my retainer to keep her there continuously, but she keeps disappearing.
    Yeah, have to re-do it every 24 hours.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

What level can I get my own chocobo? Also is there a guide somewhere on what I need to do to get one?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My memory my fail me, but wasn't chocobo quest connected with grand companies quests? Look into that.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You buy your chocobo with Grand Company seals. Which means you have to join a Grand Company, which iirc, means you have to progress along all 3 Grand Company storylines until you hear the big speeches ("reconnaissance" for whatever company you end up joining) , which means a lot of running around, doing the same quests with minor changes (oh boy a drake instead of a raptor!?) and a lot of time lost ;-;

I could be completely wrong about the prerequisite to join the Company, but I'm p. certain it's all that hubbub

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you want another mount for all that running around, go for Gobbue as it's given out for free. I think you need to be level 30 and talk to the NPC at La Noscea (36,25).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ah okay thanks. I might wait until 30 and just do these quests when I'm bored/higher level.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Gobbue is kind of a gag gift, but it's bearable at least in first person.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

True, but it's tons easier and faster to get before choco. And has better music D; (not saying choco track is bad, but it just gets annoying after a while, the gobbue track is a lot more... serene )

What is currently the most common way to have Materia melded to an item?

I see no shouts for specific DoH, so I take people use the "Request Materia Meld" function?
    What happens next is not clear to me, do they just hang around Uldah waiting for someone to do it?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    I see no shouts for specific DoH, so I take people use the "Request Materia Meld" function?
    What happens next is not clear to me, do they just hang around Uldah waiting for someone to do it?
    You could either wait somewhere and hope, or shout for it. Mine never took long the two times that I've requested it... I just stood on the stairs for a bit, ate dinner, came back and it was done.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've never seen anyone using that request materia function tbh. I think that's there for 2.0 or something..

What I do see is people shouting occasionally. I always respond to those if I'm in town and people usually tip pretty nicely to get something materia'd. Most people are probably in a social shell or five which can network to find someone to do the work you need in a relatively short amount of time. If we get global channels it'll be 1000x faster!

You can shout or you can just do the request thing and hang around and wait in frequented Ul'dah avenues as you would with repairs (adv guild, merch ward, entrance to wards, aether entrance, etc).

If you do shout for the love of god include the level and craft you're looking for, I can't count how many times I see people shouting for melds/repairs without mentioning either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you do shout for the love of god include the level and craft you're looking for, I can't count how many times I see people shouting for melds/repairs without mentioning either.
    Yeah, wtf is up with that? Used to hate that, but now I have stuff leveled so it's not an issue anymore.

I do too but aside from it not being worth the effort I don't do it out of principle.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    not saying choco track is bad, but it just gets annoying after a while, the gobbue track is a lot more... serene
    Personal chocobo and the dungeon tracks are straight up awful and the worst tracks in the game by far.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast