1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 190 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You're only welcome on Durandal if you declare that I am your one true God.

(Any server where you know people is preferable, imo, as that's the hardest part. You need to know people to get shit done, obviously. I would argue that a Level 28 GLA isn't much and rerolling would be relatively painless if your future on Aegis is solo 24/7 in comparison.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I'm thinking of just rerolling then. All my friends quit and I don't know anyone on Aegis so I have been soloing leves.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh hey I'm on durandal

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Here's one:

Where can i purchase and/or aquire the soundtrack to FFXIV?
    Of all the things that have been messed up in this game, the sound track from Uematsu(sp?) is nothing short of one of the most beautiful things mankind has ever created.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When are servers to be back up?

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

not till tommorow pooke, i believe, according to the lodestone

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

iirc 3 AM eastern

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ahh yea looks like until 3:00 am EST, ouch!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Which GC pieces for crafting are worth getting? Could anyone list an ideal gear set to shoot for at 50 (for HQ'ing if that even matters)? Magic craftsmanship, what does this do? I read it helps certain crafts, but how do you know which?

Get a good mix of craftmanship, magic craftmanship and control gear. You'll most likely be using main hand, so consider using the stat rings for that craft. Personally, I either put control materia or the main stat on my crafting tool.

No need for a list of an 'ideal' set really, it's very straight forward. Just look for gear based on what I've explained above.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How does the new effect to Jump work? Do you just evade things that occur during your animation, or do you get an Utsusemi shadow of sorts? DRG is the only job I don't have leveled; I'm just curious.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

From what I've experienced, while you're in the air, the next attack will just miss you, so yes, during the animation. You do have to time it a bit. There's no buff or anything applied afterwards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My understanding (unless it has since changed) is that Elusive Jump does not recalculate your position until you land. I know we had people trying to dodge cracks on Ifrit with it and still getting killed by them because they hadn't technically moved.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I was referring to the new 'evasion during Jump' effect that was added recently, but that is good to know as well.

Unless I'm mistaken and that effect was added to Elusive Jump? I thought it was just added to the normal Jump... now I'm going to have to go dig into patch notes...

Edit: Well shoot, I can't find it. What patch were those changes made in? I swore I read about them at one point or another, and I thought it was recent.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware they added an effect of evasion during jump. Ignore me <_>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ah hah! Found it.
    Dragoon : Jump
    <Before>
    Delivers a jumping attack, returning you to your original position after the attack is made.
    <After>
    Evades physical attacks and delivers a jumping attack. Returns you to your original position after the attack is made.
    It was one in just a hotfix to patch 1.22a. Here's the link in case anyone missed it. It wasn't a full-blown patch, so I'm sure it passed some people by unaware. It was when they modified several abilities and spectacularly failed at closing the gap between WAR + PLD.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post700419

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So just getting into this. Have a question about stats.

For those that remember Ragnarok Online...stat builds were EVERYTHING for your job. One wrong stat allocation and you were up shit creek for eternity. (Maybe similar to Diablo 2 If I read that system correctly).

Do you get new stat allocations for each class (which would then carry over into jobs)? I see a lot of elemental resists distributed evenly across the board, is that the norm as well or only for specific classes? Is this system staying put for 2.0 as well?

I've read the "stats and what they do" thread but I'm trying to grasp it as I don't have much in game experience yet. I'd believe that you need to look at all stats and not just pump str/vit/dex and be done with it, but then whats the point of a stat system? If someone could provide a bit more detail in that regard as well I'd appreciate it. I'd hate to have to reroll after wrongly adding mnd or vit, know what I mean?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, each class has its own stat allocation, you also get an item to reset your stats when you do the first job quest. That been said stats still raise by themselves and allocation is only a small part so just finding which are the main stats for your job and focusing on them work most of the time I think.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Elemental resists are no longer something you're allowed to allocate, so they're always distributed evenly and automatically.

As for base stats, currently you can reset your stats once per class, so if you feel like you've screwed up, you have some reprieve. The only ones where there's more than one correct choice is for GLD/CON/THM. The melees are always just allocate their respective main/secondary stat.

Even if you do feel like you've screwed up, it's not game-breaking. I haven't even allocated my stats on some of my classes yet (which means I gain no benefit from any of my potential points to allocate) and they still operate just fine. The benefits granted from your allocated stats are miniscule.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Where do Flame Lieutenant's Jamadhars come from? Checked seal person and didn't see them at all.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 190 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast