1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The faction leves have long since been updated to just straight drop the gear rather than the runestones, but yeah, it's all junk. The only faction points I care about are Horn and Hand since you can do those on DoH/DoL jobs for exp.
    The 400 point ones are good for exp if you're doing leves for exp around 40ish

they give about 3-4x more final exp than most leves. I was getting like 12-14k exp and ~8k gil from finishing one and I just added it to my normal leve rotation at broken water when I had points. Of course these days everyone's got a pl...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You can do it that way, or you can go to Main Menu > Search > Click your Name > Change Online Status to Seeking Party > Change Preferred Class.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think I liked being able to type /inv better. Come to think of it, is there a comprehensive list of command line commands somewhere?

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Coming back to the game and I don't have any DoW/DoM leveled. Only a lv 34ish Miner but probably capped leves. What's the best way to level the DoM/DoW? Old School ffxi party type grinding with leves as supplemental? Or should I save the leves for DoH/DoL?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Powerleveling > Partying > Leves (solo) > Solo without leves

You aren't going to experience much content without a DoW/DoM, so the leve usage is up to you. Gathering can net you some serious money if you wanted to cap it off though.

Oh a side note, we should almost just make a thread for new returning players with how often it's occurring lately.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are all wards in Ul'duh completely full on some servers? I'm on Balmung and it seems so, unless I'm doing something wrong (just came back).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    I think I liked being able to type /inv better. Come to think of it, is there a comprehensive list of command line commands somewhere?
    /inv was easy because it was brainless, plus you had to go to mog house to change jobs in XI. With XIV's system you can seek on Marauder and craft on Leatherworker or chop trees on Botanist. See the difference? It's trying to help you make the most of your time is all and it is a good system given the circumstances, but is also underused.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooke View Post
    Are all wards in Ul'duh completely full on some servers? I'm on Balmung and it seems so, unless I'm doing something wrong (just came back).
    I assume they're full on most servers, they are here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    /inv was easy because it was brainless, plus you had to go to mog house to change jobs in XI. With XIV's system you can seek on Marauder and craft on Leatherworker or chop trees on Botanist. See the difference? It's trying to help you make the most of your time is all and it is a good system given the circumstances, but is also underused.
    I assumed this was such a while ago but someone corrected me, you can set your preferred job to MRD but that doesn't effect how it shows up in search.

Someone would have to have their search parameters set to include your lvl XX LTW and happen to notice you have lvl XX MRD as your preferred job in order for that to work.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Then I stand corrected. That is incredibly retarded.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm pretty screwed in selling anything on my retainer should I put it in another city? I can't imagine people bother too much with those other options of looking into other city wards when it can just be grabbed in Ul'duh? Do the wards ever get cleaned out from a maintenance or anything?

Pretty much, yes.

I don't, and I don't think very many other people look in other cities wards unless for some reason you can't find what you're looking for in Uldah.

If you're trying to get your retainer in a specific ward just forget about it and try and get it in any ward. If you absolutely can't then you can call your retainer at a stand, which is possible in full wards, but after trying it a few times myself I find they have the tendency to despawn randomly when put at a stand in a ward that is otherwise full.

And no, wards don't reset after maint.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea they're all full, how do I go about putting her into a stand?

Walk up to an empty stand and the little ! bubble comes up, pretty self explanatory from there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NVM

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Probably should have asked this earlier, but what are the good abilities that I should have for leveling? I know Feint and Second Wind are generally considered to be two of the better ones, but what are some other examples?

GLA: Sentinel and Rampart (Defence)
    MRD: Foresight, Bloodbath (Defence)
    PGL: Second Wind (HP), Featherfoot (Defence)
    LNC: Blood for Blood, Keen Flurry (Offence), Invigorate (TP)
    ARC: Quelling Strike (TP), Hawk's Eye (Offence)
    CNJ: Protect, Cure, Stoneskin (Defence)
    THM: Necrogenesis (only for magic), Sanguine Rite (MP)

Hawk's Eye, Rampart and Bloodbath aren't as important IMO, but can be put to good use. Necrogenesis is only good for casting magic, and Sanguine Rite is good to use in a pinch if you need MP (but you have to be sure the MP you get exceeds the MP you spend, so arguably it isn't great for solo).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm level 15 conj, restarted from right after beta ended, original game came out. I don't have a clue what to do, and I think I am still wearing my starter gear.

Can someone give me a 3 to 10 point list of stuff I should be doing?

Because I'm bored as hell, and no one responds when I talk in town.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Try to find an LS, research your server forums and apply to those LSs that isn't endgame. It will become easier if you are able to ask people.

Otherwise try to play other classes, see what you enjoys while getting other cross skills which will help your levelling journey. You can absically buy all starter gear by adventurer guild's NPC, lookat item bag icon on map.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there any kind of free trial available to people who might want to check this game out again?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think 30 days comes with a new copy of the game, but other than that you missed the free trial they offered.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast