+ Reply to Thread
    Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Okay so really what the fuck

I have legs listed on the AH with no buyout, an hour ago they were @ 1.5 mil and I just logged back in and they were at 2 mil. I jump for joy and message Qalbert bragging about it and now the price went back down to the previous bid. How the FUCK does that happen?

Can you cancel your fucking bids?

Nope. When you place a bid, the max amount of the bid is removed from your inventory as a deposit. That money is escrowed until someone outbids you
    The only things I can think of are:
    1) bug?
    2) the person with the max bid got banned?

BG Level

Both seem plausible and were what I was thinking after posting this. Well that's depressing.

Apparently there are bots that are kicking over jars for gold or something, I hope blizzard is banning those with all possible speed. The weird thing is I can't see being banned removing your bid, because when you are top bid everyone else's escrow amounts would have been returned to them.

So probably a bug.

BG Level

You don't even need to bot it dude, there is a spot in act 2 that as a DH you can just sit there and rake in 500k-750k an hour completely AFK. The ferrets kill/pick the gold up of this unlimited spawning monster. I'm not completely sure of all the details but that's the gist of it.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    You don't even need to bot it dude, there is a spot in act 2 that as a DH you can just sit there and rake in 500k-750k an hour completely AFK. The ferrets kill/pick the gold up of this unlimited spawning monster. I'm not completely sure of all the details but that's the gist of it.
    Hmmm, from a nest?

BG Level

Not sure, I'm told there are videos on youtube.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Guard towers that spawn spiders. Aside from DH + ferrets, you could technically stack on a shitton of barbs + regen and do it on any class, but you'd have to pick up the drops yourself. Might also be able to use the skeleton-spawning towers just before the skeleton king.

On topic: OP, that really sucks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    No way you can reach 500-750k per hour. The max you can get from is 150k per hours. The fastest way to get gold of Royal Crypt farming. You always get around 380k-450k. Sometimes you get a rares from the vases too.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm going to try this afk farming tonight.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Iku View Post
    No way you can reach 500-750k per hour. The max you can get from is 150k per hours. The fastest way to get gold of Royal Crypt farming. You always get around 380k-450k. Sometimes you get a rares from the vases too.
    Could you explain how to do this? I'm usually hurting for money since I share an account with someone else actively playing the game also.

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled on the gold numbers, myself. While I'll occasionally get big piles in the 700-1200 range, I'm still seeing a lot of sub-300 or even shit like 2 gold drops in Inferno. It's partially why I headscratched at the proposal to increase repair costs.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Iku View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying here, do you mean the maximum amount of gold you can make in an hour is 150k, including rares sold?

Although it doesn't happen every hour, I've made in upwards of 30 mil in an hour of some rare 1k dhps 500+ life on hit axes

/edit, Nevermind, i see that we are talking about pure GF.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Could you explain how to do this? I'm usually hurting for money since I share an account with someone else actively playing the game also.
    Stack GF and break urns in level 3 royal crypt.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh. I thought there was more to it than that. My bad.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've put minimums on a lot of my items if they seem to be worth a bit, thinking someone will come along and bid-war it.

Put a 1000 DPS 2-hander up for 180k for shits and giggles because it had all the most wanted affixes albeit they were a bit low. Thinking I could bank a bit on it, around the last 30 minutes or so, I saw the war begin at around 500k. After a quick run, I came back and it said no bid (they can cancel a bid I think within the first 5 minutes? or is that putting an item up?). Then another bid for 400k, then no bid, then another for 300k, then no bid, then another bid for 185k and it sold for that. It was weird as if the person was trying to see the minimum bid for the item to get it much lower than what it was. This happened to me 4 or 5 times thoughout the day. I'll screencap it next time and report it if it seems weird to other people but I thought for sure people could cancel their bids within the first 5 minutes...

I don't think you can, but wouldn't be at all surprised if someone's fucking with the AH again.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Fucking necro-bumper.