MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I saw it Sunday. It was an okay movie but I probably should've waited until like rental or HBO to show it instead of going to a theater.

The movie was way too slow for me and then all those slow-motion effect just added on to that frustration. All the exposition stuff in the beginning and all the bullshit "emotional" shit at the end could've have been cut way down. The final fight scene was dumb.

Chris Pine was the best part of the movie.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I saw it. It was basically woman-Thor as expected.

Good. Now women can make&star in stupid action movies and they'll still be successful.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Am I the only one who orgasmed when the theme song FINALLY came on?! Probably the best thing to come out of BvS.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Heavy Spoilers:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

More like "heavy cringe-ness"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I mean Escape From L.A. is a classic.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    No joke I just watched it last night and had a similar thought at the ending.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hahahahaha. Gold

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Level

But Wonder Woman was wrong all along. That was kind of the point.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    I mean she knew how to stop it, but she didn't know who it was that was Ares.

BG Level

That's not what I got out of it at all. Diana thought that killing one guy, be it Ares or the general, would stop the whole war instantly. While we did see people shaking off a fog after Ares died, keep in mind that all Ares did was give Dr. Poison and Ludendorff ideas of how to carry out the things they were already planning. Also it's not like World War II didn't happen, as far as we know. Diana was wrong and Steve was right - mankind can be real pricks and sometimes there's no good reason why and no unseen driving force behind it. That's why she stays in man's world, to try and spread love after she realizes just killing Ares isn't enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Comic is amusing, but weren't the canisters set to detonate on a timer anyway? So, even if Diana was right, the plane would have exploded regardless wherever it was killing whoever was in range.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    That's not what I got out of it at all. Diana thought that killing one guy, be it Ares or the general, would stop the whole war instantly. While we did see people shaking off a fog after Ares died, keep in mind that all Ares did was give Dr. Poison and Ludendorff ideas of how to carry out the things they were already planning. Also it's not like World War II didn't happen, as far as we know. Diana was wrong and Steve was right - mankind can be real pricks and sometimes there's no good reason why and no unseen driving force behind it. That's why she stays in man's world, to try and spread love after she realizes just killing Ares isn't enough.
    While you're partly right, Diana said the entire time that she needed to kill Ares to stop the war, she just didn't know who Ares was. Of course the evil looking guy inhaling some weird mist and getting super strength is the one she should be going after, right? While he was in charge, he wasn't the person she was looking for and when he died it didn't influence anything.

While Ares did just give people whispers and ideas to start the fighting, he also had a power over them. At the end of the movie, after he was taken down, the German soldiers were celebrating with Diana's crew. They didn't just shake off a fog, they were actually friendly to each other.

Yes, we know that humans are pricks, but in this case Ares seemingly had more influence over them than just the whispers he spoke of. It's not normal for a plane to explode and then the soldiers just shrug it off as if everything's gravy and they are suddenly cordial. Of course we as watchers know that WW2 happened, but the impression given at the end of the movie was that WW1 was over now as they were in talks for peace before.

zealot is right and that is all

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    While you're partly right, Diana said the entire time that she needed to kill Ares to stop the war, she just didn't know who Ares was. Of course the evil looking guy inhaling some weird mist and getting super strength is the one she should be going after, right? While he was in charge, he wasn't the person she was looking for and when he died it didn't influence anything.

While Ares did just give people whispers and ideas to start the fighting, he also had a power over them. At the end of the movie, after he was taken down, the German soldiers were celebrating with Diana's crew. They didn't just shake off a fog, they were actually friendly to each other.

Yes, we know that humans are pricks, but in this case Ares seemingly had more influence over them than just the whispers he spoke of. It's not normal for a plane to explode and then the soldiers just shrug it off as if everything's gravy and they are suddenly cordial. Of course we as watchers know that WW2 happened, but the impression given at the end of the movie was that WW1 was over now as they were in talks for peace before.
    I thought the whole point was that there was no "fog" to shake off at all. Any soldier on either side of such a conflict would breathe a sigh of relief after realizing that they didn't have to fight anymore, or just be too glad they survived to even want to go after anybody. Short of Diana flying the plane up herself, there wasn't anything she could've done to resolve that part of issue.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yes and no, I think. Sure the soldiers would be relieved they didn't have to fight anymore, but does one plane exploding and some DBZ style combat make you feel safe enough to now celebrate with your enemy from 5 minutes prior? Personally, I wouldn't trust them at all, but I have zero combat experience. While Steve's whole thing about humans being pricks was absolutely true, there still appeared to be some influence other than just whispers coming from Ares based on these actions after the Michael Bay shit and Ares was killed.

If after the kamehameha fight they went into a stand off or the German guys straight up surrendered, hands in the air kind of deal, then I'd be 100% on board with the humans be pricks and that's the end of it. That wasn't the case, though.

Then again, I could be the prick in this case, looking for something that isn't there.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Yeah when Ares was killed the power of friendship seemed to instantly take hold of all the German soldiers that were around, showing that Ares did in fact directly influence peoples thoughts and emotions. Hell, he said that's what he was doing in the movie.

Based off what happened in the movie, you're left with the impression the war came to a complete halt because of Ares' death. Which is exactly what Diane was talking about the whole damn time. Was Ares the only reason for peoples evil? No but in the case of the WW Ares was the dude perpetuating it on the both sides, and killing him directly stopped the war from continuing. Especially on the British side of things since Ares put himself directly in a physical role to manipulate the coming and going of knowledge/policies/whatever on the Ally side.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The war was ending regardless. They were ready for peace talks, the poison villain assholes were trying to keep the war going (because of their own hatred, not because of Ares). Honestly, watching a DBZ fight happen irl right in front of me while poison filled planes explode in the sky would garner a pretty strange reaction. Id be beyond done fighting at that point lol.