FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Flash (CW) Season 7 March 2, 2021

After Warner Bros. released Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern the studio went back to the drawing board to create a new strategy on how to handle their DC comics properties. I thought Green Lantern sucked, and it didn't do as well as the studio hoped it would. Apparently The Flash is at the top of the studios list of movies to make. This bit of news comes from Wrath of the Titans screenwriter Dan Mazeau who also wrote a draft of The Flash script. Here's what he told blastr in a recent interview,

I think Warner Bros. is finalizing their strategy of how they want to roll out their DC superheroes and obviously they've got Batman in an incredibly great place and Green Lantern, I think, performed okay. I think they probably would have liked it to have done better, but yeah, there is still a whole lot of excitement for the DC universe and I know The Flash is very high on the list.

It's like anything though. It has to come together with the right cast. It has to come together with the right director and sort of the right moment and so they're trying to push the rock up the hill...hopefully there will be some news soon, but right now I can't really say anything else.
    The last we heard Green Lantern writers Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim were developing a new version of the script, and there was a chance that Berlanti could end up directing the film. Things have been very quiet since.

If the studio is looking to make a change, and do better on their future comic book films I suggest they don't use the same screenwriters that worked on Green Lantern. And to be honest, I don't think DC comics writer and movie collaborator Geoff Johns is helping these productions out either. In fact, I think his involvement might end up hurting them. Green Lantern is the perfect example, it could have been a much better and enjoyable film.

Mazeau concluded by saying that his version of The Flash was going to be Barry Allen, and then added that "For fans of Wally (West), there were some things in that script that would make them happy also."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/3/28...w-dc-stra.html
    http://blastr.com/2012/03/dont-worry-that-big-scree.php

I missed this gem from a few months ago.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

The Flash is my favorite comic hero so the first thing that comes to mind when I read this is, No.

Also Wally West or go home.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Flash TV show is coming, will spin off of Arrow
    Following a TCA session promoting his new CW series The Tomorrow People, executive producer Greg Berlanti briefly discussed his participation in a planted spinoff of his CW series Arrow next season focusing on the DC superhero character The Flash. The CW president Mark Pedowitz earlier in the day credited Berlanti with shepherding the idea with Warner Bros. TV’s Peter Roth and DC Entertainment’s Diane Nelson.
    Berlanti will be co-writing the script, an origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity, with fellow Arrow co-creator Andrew Kreisberg and DC’s Geoff Johns who also writes for the CW’s hit freshman drama. Berlanti assured that the Flash project has been cleared with DC and is good to go. “Barry Allen’s story always has been a favorite of mine,” Berlanti said, “as well as of Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns.” He confirmed that Barry, who will recur on Arrow next season, will show up around episode 8 or 9 and that casting on the project will begin this week. “We wanted everyone to know about the show as that process commenced,” Berlanti said. Why The Flash? “We think it fits well both in terms of (Arrow) and (as a stand-alone series).” He added that there’s a wide belief that Flash fits better as a television spinoff than would other characters in the DC Comics universe.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    The Flash TV show is coming, will spin off of Arrow
    Wonder how it will stack up against the Flash TV show from the 90's.

Banned.

BG Level

To the Netflix!

ah-ahhhhhhh!

he'll save everyone of us!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

THR
    The CW rocked the comics world Tuesday morning when network president Mark Pedowitz announced the home to Arrow is developing a series based on DC Comics character The Flash from the team behind its Stephen Amell starrer.

The youth-skewing network will look to Arrow co-creators/executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg as well as director David Nutter to introduce the lightning-fast character during the second season of Arrow. Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns -- a writer/consultant on Arrow -- will pen the project for Warner Bros. Television. Nutter will direct.

Barry Allen, the alter-ego of the lightning-fast super-speedster, will be introduced in the eighth, ninth and 20th episodes of Arrow's upcoming second season, Kreisberg and Johns told reporters during a Tuesday afternoon conference call. Casting is now under way to find an actor to play the DC Comics hero in what will be an origin story similar to Oliver Queen/Arrow. The 20th episode will serve as the back-door pilot for Flash. All three Barry Allen episodes will be penned by Berlanti, Kreisberg and Johns.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man," Kreisberg said, stressing the character, like Amell's vigilante, will be grounded in reality and as realistic as possible. The first two episodes will see the character in Oliver's home of Starling City, with the 20th providing a window to see Barry in the Flash's world.

"Part of the fun for the audience … is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy," Kreisberg said. "Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

One of the things that makes CW's Arrow the most grounded is the fact that the series isn't about individuals with superpowers -- with the Flash a clear violation of that. Producers noted that they'll handle the introduction of Barry's superspeed in a way that isn't commonplace. "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way," Kreisberg noted.

"The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League," he added. "He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien … his reactions to that feel very … human and grounded.

Since Flash is a back-door pilot episode of Arrow, the character will mix it up with Oliver -- providing a stark contrast to the two heroes.

"Oliver Queen is very dark and tortured soul and Barry is not," Kreisberg said, noting he will have a profound impact on Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. "He's a great character who is going to affect all of our characters lives. It will be fun … to see these two characters together because they have two different worlds."

Added Johns: "We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen. The intention, they noted, will be to add to Arrow instead of stripping away characters from the series should the spinoff move forward, meaning it's likely the residents of Starling City will remain there.

Johns reiterated that the Justice League member will be seen as the Flash -- complete with his trademark red costume and not a poor imitation. Added Kreisberg: "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash."

Producers haven't yet figured out how they plan to depict the Flash's lightning speed but Johns insisted it won't just be the standard "blurring around."

"It's not what people expect," Kreisberg said. "We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

As for casting, Kreisberg would only note that the process -- which will be overseen by the same casting director who handled Arrow -- has now begun. "Blonds will be preferred," he joked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Wonder how it will stack up against the Flash TV show from the 90's.
    I loved that show.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/gran...-as-the-flash/
    Glee baddie Grant Gustin has landed his first major role, signing on to play Barry Allen aka The Flash on the CW’s proposed Arrow spinoff. He will appear in three episodes of Arrow this coming season before headlining his own spinoff series. Written by Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity will be introduced in episodes No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, with David Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, committed to directing Episode 20. Barry Allen (Gustin) is a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante. Kreisberg said last month that the actor who portrays Barry Allen will play him as “an ordinary man” when viewers meet him. “The character will be as grounded and realistic as possible,” he said. “That’s how we’ll get to know him. Then his life will get a bit faster.” Like Arrow star Stephen Amell, Gustin is a familiar CW face having recurred on the network’s 90210.
    http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-...14-275x355.jpg

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

nope

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    nope

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Aw for god's sake, couldn't they make him a bit older? Like the 90s version older.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dude looks like he's 12. I'll watch the first few to give a shot because I love the Flash. But my expectations are definitely low on this one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

oh hell no.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Dude looks like he's 12. I'll watch the first few to give a shot because I love the Flash. But my expectations are definitely low on this one.
    pretty much this, but I mean I was pleasantly surprised by Arrow/have no particular knowledge/affinity for Flash so it might be ok, for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pilot to air before episode 20 of Arrow, ep 8 & 9 of Arrow will be treated as origin story

Spoiler: show

We already knew that The CW was planning to bring The Flash to the small screen. The original plan was to introduce the character in three episodes of Arrow before giving him his own series. Well now according to Deadline the network has changed that idea up a bit, and they are pushing a pilot episode forward for The Flash, which will star Grant Gustin in the title role.

The Flash would have appeared as Barry Allen in Arrow episodes 8, 9, and 20. The last one would have served as a backdoor pilot, which is being directed by David Nutter. Here's an explanation of what the network is doing now, "Episodes 8 and 9, in which the superhero is introduced only as his alter ego Barry Allen, have already been shot. But now the CW has opted to film a traditional stand-alone Flash pilot instead of doing a backdoor pilot as Arrow‘s Episode 20. With Episodes 8 and 9 serving as an origin story, the plan was for The Flash character to make his debut — red costume and all — in Arrow‘s Episode 20. He will now do it in the pilot."

Apparently The CW is very happy with what they saw of Barry Allen with Episode 8 and 9. Filming a stand-alone Flash pilot would allow them to better "flesh out the superhero’s story and his world on a bigger budget, as pilot budgets are significantly higher than episodic ones." There's no word on if The Flash will still appear in episode 20, but it doesn't sound like it. Maybe they will reference him, though.

Barry Allen will be introduced in Arrow as "a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fanboy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/the-cw-or...at-barry-allen
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/cws-...pilot-episode/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"The Flash" Pilot Casts Its Iris West

"The Game" actress Candice Patton has been cast as Iris West in the much-anticipated CW pilot "The Flash," Deadline reports.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...tton-0b3d7.jpg

Patton joins Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, "Law & Order" veteran Jesse L. Martin as Detective West, Rick Cosnett as as Detective Eddie Thawne (presumably the show's version of Eobard Thawne, Professor Zoom) and Danielle Panabaker as bioengineering expert Caitlin Snow (who shares a name with the villain Killer Frost).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought the guy playing Barry Allen in CW did okay. I'm pretty excited for it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Carlos Valdes Joins "The Flash" As Cisco Ramon
    Carlos Valdes has been tapped to play Cisco Ramon -- better known as Vibe -- in the upcoming CW drama
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...ldes-8d5f7.jpg