+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I just watched some old DVR backlog and finally saw the Nazi cross over event. The fact that Barry just lets Thawne walk away is so incredibly frustrating. Even if you aren't going to vibrating five-finger death punch him through the heart, which you really should, letting him loose is the most god-awful decision possible. Barry's idiocy is reinforced by the juxtaposition of the next scene where Oliver shoots his Nazi dopple-ganger in the heart.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    So I just watched some old DVR backlog and finally saw the Nazi cross over event. The fact that Barry just lets Thawne walk away is so incredibly frustrating. Even if you aren't going to vibrating five-finger death punch him through the heart, which you really should, letting him loose is the most god-awful decision possible. Barry's idiocy is reinforced by the juxtaposition of the next scene where Oliver shoots his Nazi dopple-ganger in the heart.
    I mean, Barry has let nonspeedster villains WALK away. People have broken into Star Labs and just walked out. When it comes down to it, Barry is one of the worst superheroes. I'm saying that and I love this show.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So rumor has it that the woman at jitters that keeps popping up is
    Spoiler: show
    the granddaughter of Barry and Iris...the speedster XS, probably there to help with Davoe

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Exit Kid Flash enter a new speedster. But that would make sense

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That is neat. I didn’t even know a character like that existed. Part of me was wondering if they were going to introduce Bart Allen this season

Also, last week’s episode was pretty entertaining

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I loved the Flashtime episode even though it had a bunch of dumb excuses for why other simple solutions wouldn't work.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I loved the Flashtime episode even though it had a bunch of dumb excuses for why other simple solutions wouldn't work.
    There was only one scenario where it seemed iffy but it was fairly straight forward. Cisco wore himself out by training with Barry to create breaches. Additionally, his powers work on the manipulation of space and time, since he was moving so fast, the portals didn't have the appropriate amount of time to develop. Caitlin also needed time in order to use her powers as it appeared as if her powers operated outside the timing mechanisms of flashtime so it didn't work. Barry couldn't move the Truck because the moment he touched it, the bomb itself would be taken into flashtime and detonate which is the one that is odd because I think it goes against previous heroics where he's moved bombs away before they exploded.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah it's pretty fucking convenient that he can flashtime people to be "normal" but all of their powers stop working.

But this is a superhero show so suspension of disbelief doesn't really take away that much for me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah it's pretty fucking convenient that he can flashtime people to be "normal" but all of their powers stop working.

But this is a superhero show so suspension of disbelief doesn't really take away that much for me.
    Honestly none of that compares to how bad the trial was.

"You're kissing another man!" "Yes, Clifford arranged that." "Oh, I guess that means it's impossible you had any devious plans to get rid of him then." (and also let's not even try to mention how suspicious it would be in that case for that guy to be at Joe's house for that party with a dozen witnesses to confirm that right before the body was found)

But the biggest thing: Barry "I need to get out of this legally." "Oh wait, guess I'll just go along with this plan to get me out by impersonating the dead guy." Let alone how that would've just not worked due to their either still being a body to verify or a cremation witnessed, and I'm pretty sure 2 minutes of chatting with Ralph would've given away he didn't have even Clifford's non-enhanced intellect.

Eh, I'll just be happy when this season's done and we're rid of this weird fusion of Professor X, Dr. Octopus, and Cell. While I'm glad the villain isn't yet another speedster, I just don't think DeVoe has been adequately threatening in both premise and execution.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I swear to god...

If they don't save Dibney...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I have to agree. While it was obvious they were going there, I didn't think they would actually go there after building him up all season. Just seems like a complete waste and I liked him after they invested basically an entire season into him.

I hope that since he is the last body, when they finally beat DeVoe they purge DeVoe from Dibney's body. That is how I see them still ending the season on a happy note. Also, wasn't happy with how they handled Killer Frost. Not only has Ciatlen been completely under utilized this season but then they go and remove a meta from team flash. Stupid

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They'll save him and then he'll disappear just like malfoy

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They'll save him and then he'll disappear just like malfoy
    This.

I do like that with whatshisface's body, DeVoe can actually look like his original self again. I thought it was really kind of stupid how he took over their minds and bodies but for whatever reason they all still talked with their regional dialects.

Could probably handwave that as the act of talking simply being what comes most comfortably to the host body as opposed to him willfully trying to speak as himself.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Killer Frost stuff as content for next season. They probably want to get over the whole split personality aspect they wrote themselves into, though I could see her getting her powers back during this final showdown here as I sort of "I'll save someone and they'll think I'm dead, but I'm not!" kind of move.

Also seeing them keeping stretchy man around since they lost Kid Flash to Legends. Better for power variety that way, too. They also planted seeds for Sisco going away, even if temporarily.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finale spoilers

I'm your daughter Nora, and I think I made a big big mistake
    Yup. That's Barry's kid alright.

Ridill