1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Windower Crash: Running 2 accounts with FFIVWindower (FFEvo) crashing started abrubtly May 2012

So I have been using FFEvo's Windower (that site is long since down as of March 2011 due to alleged hacker attacks) and running two instances of FFXIV.exe with two different accounts with hardly any problems until about a month and a half ago.

The issue is "Final Fantasy XIV has stopped working" *Click Close*. This occurs randomly on either account, most often when I am changing zones, whether or not I have recently alt tabbed. Also whenever I log out and exit the game I get the same error (though I obviously dont care because I'm already logged out). The random client crashes have become so common that it happens almost guaranteed within 2 hours and is very frustrating as I must log all the way back in with security tokens. So far it has not caught me mid craft but sometimes I am in between crafts. Very risky.

So I rebuilt my entire Windows 7 x64 instance with brand new drivers (GeForce GTX 460 video, nForce 780i SLI Motherboard) and FFXIV installation etc etc. Still I am crashing and am at my wits end. This rules out any type of perpetual corruption and it could still be possibly issues surrounding HW driver updates or FFXIV client update. Neither of which I have much choice. Any other ideas?

------Is there another Windower tool that might meet my needs?
    ------Is anyone else having this type of issue? What is the frequency and nature of your crashing? When did it start?
    ------Why would it start only in the last month?
    ------Anyone have any ideas I can try on my computer to reduce or eliminate the crashing?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey, you can give mine a try! It's available at x14.north-edge.com/windower or google windower x14 (should be the first result). Just extract the archive with 7zip and configure it at least once. It supports plugins like timestamp for the game chat and tell detection. Let me know what you think.