+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Best version of FF2 is PSP for sure..

I'm ok with the individual job tweaks in FF3. It doesn't bother me that Sage and Ninja were overpowered in the original just as much as it doesn't bother me that jobs are generally more useful in the DS version... but I didn't like the stuff they added to stretch out access to game mechanics.

Job Adjustment Phase was retarded, imo.. I much rather preferred the Capacity system where you could change on the fly so long as you have CP. The only thing I might have preferred is if they allowed CP to accumulate higher.

Job levels were also unnecessary and added an extra layer of (exploitable) grind that didn't need to be there.

finally, its irritating to note that when they retconned the 4 main characters to have some kind of story, it was not consistent with the original story of the surface world being sealed off 1000 years.

edit: also, mognet. stupid idea. almost as bad as chocobo world ( FF8 ). is it so hard to keep single player games single player and not require social interaction to unlock content?

Job Adjustment was a little annoying yea, would have preferred the old way, also agree on Mognet being necessary for stuff was stupid.

Job levels were in the original, so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

As far as the story, I don't know what inconsistencies you're talking about but I'd rather have characters than....playable NPCs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Job Adjustment Phase was retarded, imo.. I much rather preferred the Capacity system where you could change on the fly so long as you have CP. The only thing I might have preferred is if they allowed CP to accumulate higher.
    Both limiter systems were retarded, at least the phase didn't really do much besides lower your epeen stat -3.

its irritating to note that when they retconned the 4 main characters to have some kind of story, it was not consistent with the original story of the surface world being sealed off 1000 years.
    Lol story in FF3.

also, mognet. stupid idea. almost as bad as chocobo world ( FF8 ). is it so hard to keep single player games single player and not require social interaction to unlock content?
    Thankfully they removed that in the iOS/Andriod version. Well the wifi mail gimmick at least, the extras like ultima weapon and lv99 job items and onion knight are still there.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

well, for one thing.. i always felt that getting job skill ranks up were a lot easier in FF3j than FF3 DS..
    that and the fact that you really didn't need to do it at all, since certain jobs would favor the fight so much more anyway, and the bigger idea was to swap to the job that the battle favored than to train a class that would overpower the enemy..

i suppose for that i am biased.. but my other points still stand.

story inconsistencies.. the 4 orphans retconned story is that they were brought to the floating continent 10 years ago when cid was ferrying people between both worlds.. but the surface world had been frozen in time, underwater for 1000 years... so that would not have been possible

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I guess it's cool you can play with the original 8bit music.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Apparently FFIII PSP is coming out on the US PSN next week. No pricing yet.