+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic/Gold farming spots     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Appreciate the advice. I have 120 MF I can switch into, so shall try!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

This spot is so buggy. I kept getting ported to town even i am in level 2.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My best guess for the reason u spawn in town is because the map you want doesnt exist in your current game so it has to load you in town. Even if you ran back down it'll be the alternate map that you dont want.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Do you have to get through level 1 every time you want to do this, or is there some checkpoint in level 2 that you can leave/resume from?

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    The thing is though, without NV, he can still get top tier blues off of SB where blues or yellows from butcher will typically be shitty and hard to sell if not unsellable. He'll at least have the chance to get a 1k dps weapon drop or something. Given his other options mentioned, until the patch his best bet is probably NV-less SB.

After the patch though you are absolutely right, nothing will be as beneficial as farming butcher for him until he can get NV for act3.
    Yeah the issue with butcher is that if you get weapons they're guaranteed to be worthless, and the only time anything else is going to be worth a damn is like freakishly extraordinarily good rolls and/or magic find gear.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    My best guess for the reason u spawn in town is because the map you want doesnt exist in your current game so it has to load you in town. Even if you ran back down it'll be the alternate map that you dont want.
    Wow. I never thought of that but I bet you are 100% right.

As for Iku, if it starts you in town all you have to do is quit from town and hit resume over and over and eventually it will put you back on level 2. It might take 1 or 2 tries or it might take 10. Just keep doing it eventually you'll get it.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Do you have to get through level 1 every time you want to do this, or is there some checkpoint in level 2 that you can leave/resume from?
    There is a checkpoint right when you first zone in to level 2. Sometimes it wont say "checkpoint reached" or whatever it says but it will still give you the checkpoint. If you die and rez on the stairs than you have the right checkpoint.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Degenxerate View Post
    There is a checkpoint right when you first zone in to level 2. Sometimes it wont say "checkpoint reached" or whatever it says but it will still give you the checkpoint. If you die and rez on the stairs than you have the right checkpoint.
    Strange, I ran pretty far into level 2 and when I left game cause of wrong map it put me back at level 1.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Degenxerate View Post
    Wow. I never thought of that but I bet you are 100% right.

As for Iku, if it starts you in town all you have to do is quit from town and hit resume over and over and eventually it will put you back on level 2. It might take 1 or 2 tries or it might take 10. Just keep doing it eventually you'll get it.
    100% makes sense. You have to make sure you have the right version of Tower of the Cursed 2. If you do, you're good. If you don't, just restart the quest all together to try for a different version. Took me ages but I got it.

SB without NV is gonna suck, period.

I have been farming 3-6-2 and even with NV5 and 236% MF, the most rare i seen is 3. 2 is standard for for NV5.

try to kill the elites from lv 1 or lv 3 and look for skeleton types, they are easiest.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Ok so this map mechanic is simple.

If you get into the right map, you get a Checkpoint. As long as you dont get another checkpoint ( there is one if you reach the tunnel at the end of the map ), you can get back to the map. When you resume and you are still in town, just leave and resume. It is a pita to get the right version.

If you get the wrong map, you must do it until you get the right version. The wrong version do not give you a checkpoint.

Degenxerate

You have to make sure if you get the wrong map that when you restart the quest you actually restart it by starting another quest, joining the game, quitting and going back to this quest. Otherwise you'll keep getting the wrong map over and over. Or if you are on the Americas server I can give you the checkpoint to make it easy.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Man do reflective champs destroy my DH with 10k health lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can time SS right as your nether tentacles are going to hit, makes them pretty easy for this method anyways.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah thats what I do but once in a while I cut it pretty close.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

an easy and cheap thing to do is to grab two 1h x-bows with high life on hit. just make sure the dmg isn't too high otherwise you'll still get murdered. i'm using a pair of 690's with 500ish LOH. not nearly as strong as my usual xbow but at least i can survive killing the pack.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

has anyone here who does pony runs noticed worse drops recently?

Holy shit...Plow and Degen in the same thread...both people blasts from the past from Sylph lol.

Degen hit me up in game sometime havnt seen ya in a long time Daemonxel#1191

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    has anyone here who does pony runs noticed worse drops recently?

Sorta. I used to be able to get 5-7 rares + lots of blues. I have to tp to make more space for blues. After the hotfix, I barely able to fill my pack with rares (3-5) and blues.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel View Post
    Holy shit...Plow and Degen in the same thread...both people blasts from the past from Sylph lol.

Degen hit me up in game sometime havnt seen ya in a long time Daemonxel#1191
    4th past sylph player here as well. Guess not as prominent of a name