Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

there's like 7 chests/caches within about 20 seconds of each other too, so clean up area > kill elites > kill gob > run around hitting chests in all your magic find.
    And now it's better to ignore them and save yourself the 20 seconds of getting nothing. ~.~

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

At work atm. Any word on the spot? Wanting to breeze my DH or WD there asap if it's still good!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Still works, just the repair bills for doing it are hurting.

Degenxerate

It still works but the repair thing could be bad for it. I'm thinking the best way to run it now is to just keep restarting until you have champ packs right down the left side without having to train anything, kill them and see if they drop a high ilvl like maybe 61-63 and if not just restart and not even bother with the rest.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Still works, but they made it possible for you to spawn in the other version of the map as well..So it can take quite awhile to get to the right one and do it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by gt_killa View Post
    Still works, but they made it possible for you to spawn in the other version of the map as well..So it can take quite awhile to get to the right one and do it.
    No, getting spawned in the other version is just like spawning in town previously. Just leave the game and come back in until you get the right one.

Degenxerate

Uhg since the Attack speed nerf I feel like I'm moving in slow motion during this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I keep hearing reference to an act2 goblin to farm. Anyone mind filling me in where?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I imagine it's in reference to the one right before you enter the desolate sands on that path, one seems to spawn there pretty frequently. I would recommend just going through and owning champ packs in quick succession in A2 over that though, faster drops. Act 2 is so easy now I can just run through all the crap mobs if need be and do the champ packs. If there gets to be like 50 white mobs on you just leap inside the pack and aoe them rq. That is if you are a Barb though, I don't know if that is possible with other classes.

Act III doesn't seem to have been made that much easier however. The colossal gorgons for sure are easier, but soulrippers and quillback champ packs are still quite a pain in the ass. I did do Ghom earlier and that was a pain in the ass also with his new buffs. I had to use a LOH weapon for him though since the gas DOT is more than my revenge, regen, and blood funnel could overcome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Well it's come to light that blizzard may have screwed up act3/4 with drops. I'm getting rares as low as level 51. It seems 3/4 were lowered too much, and 1/2 has better ilvl63 drops believe it or not. If the tons and tons of posts about it on the official forums are to be believed, that is.

Start on Act 2, part 8 (I think?) around when you fight Zultun Kulle. Take the Waypoint to the Ancient Path. The goblin can spawn to the east of the way point, all the way up the ramp. You can either pop in real quick and glance in the general area with little risk of aggro, or you can constantly clear up the ramp. I recommend doing it with a few friends with individual lobbies, then gathering when someone finds one.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Well it's come to light that blizzard may have screwed up act3/4 with drops. I'm getting rares as low as level 51. It seems 3/4 were lowered too much, and 1/2 has better ilvl63 drops believe it or not. If the tons and tons of posts about it on the official forums are to be believed, that is.
    This seems accurate. I've had better luck in fewer kills on act 1/2 shit lately. If their aggregate of 20% i63's in a3/4 is right then somebody out there is getting some fucking insane drops because it's closer to 1-2% for me, and I kill almost everything in 250% magic find before NV.

The rate I get <55 stuff is definitely considerably higher than the rate I get 63, maybe even 62.

And as a completely random anecdote, I was farming a3 not getting shit, got bored, went to level barb, some random guy was asking for help with belial in general so I went to do that, killed 1 elite pack and belial, got 5 total drops. 1 of the 5 was <i61. If I had half that good a rate in a3 I'd be filthy rich.

And I didn't put on mf for any of that, I had ~50%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    in screwed up are you saying they accidentally did so and are planning on changing it back?

anyway, it's been confirmed several times on this board already but for sure the drop rates have been flooded with level 50+ garbage. i can do several zones worth of A3 elites and azmodan and my reward at the end of a run is 25+ rares, 1 of which MIGHT be sellable. for a little bit i suspected that arreat's crater's drops were the only zone not tampered with but i'm really still not sure. if you guys wanna try farming that a little bit it'd be good to have some more data.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

but why farm when you can just do this and make 250k an hour

http://www.twitch.tv/junehs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZ4n-iaueo

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    but why farm when you can just do this and make 250k an hour

http://www.twitch.tv/junehs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isZ4n-iaueo
    Weird how Nightmare ZK only grants 2k exp for that plvling method as opposed to Normal's 10k.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Weird how Nightmare ZK only grants 2k exp for that plvling method as opposed to Normal's 10k.
    Nightmare used to be like 34k or something like that and Hell was 94k but they nerfed both. They either forgot to nerf down normal or just didn't care that much I guess.

BG Level

Is hell more exp? Or normal? Asking because his is on nightmare and seems like he could be doing at least hell

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

You need to be level 60 to enter inferno, at which point you can't receive exp.

BG Level

>.> right, lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone with Monk try the Exploding Palm bug for farming? I haven't really played around with that skill enough to know how to use it properly. Too much of a SSS whore 3:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast