Thread: Magic/Gold farming spots     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Found a nice easy little farm spot.

Act1, "leoric's manor courtyard" zone, "trailing the coven" quest. checkpoint there you can load at, i've had a rare or champ pack 10/10 times i've done it tonight, plus 1-2 treasure chests. Filled my inventory with yellows/blues in 20min or so. Not a bad spot if goblins get nerfed.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
    Is OP farming method still working? Was interested to see what they nerfed in "gold" exploits
    Yeah still works. Not exactly worth doing right now since drop rates seem so shitty in act 3 right now. If they fix/balance/whatever the drops in act 3/4 I'll be right back to that spot just because its so easy and laid back. For now though its grinding act 1 elites for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah don't get too hung up on farming this or any other "high" difficulty spot for the time being.

the drop rates are not worth it and unless you can kill A3 elites at lightning speed you're better off with A1.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Found a nice easy little farm spot.

Act1, "leoric's manor courtyard" zone, "trailing the coven" quest. checkpoint there you can load at, i've had a rare or champ pack 10/10 times i've done it tonight, plus 1-2 treasure chests. Filled my inventory with yellows/blues in 20min or so. Not a bad spot if goblins get nerfed.
    Yes the courtyard will always have one rare or champ pack. You're missing out on using NV farming though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yeah, i farmed that back in normal/nightmare/hell, but once you hit 60 it isnt worth it because of the lack of NV

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

So, magic find set or no? What have you guys been doing. Lately i've been trying to switch out to a magic set; but it's a PITA to swap 7 pieces with a rare/champ beating on you (especially as ranged). Definitely seems like i get alot fewer rares without swapping, though. Could be just my imagination. So what do you think?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If I'm on Monk, I'd throw up Serenity and switch out when I see the opportunity to. I usually don't bother with switching til I've got 5NV though. Other classes, I'd kite and switch on the go.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    So, magic find set or no? What have you guys been doing. Lately i've been trying to switch out to a magic set; but it's a PITA to swap 7 pieces with a rare/champ beating on you (especially as ranged). Definitely seems like i get alot fewer rares without swapping, though. Could be just my imagination. So what do you think?
    244 without nv. Actually got nearly every mf piece just farming act 3 before they changed how drops were distributed. But that's the extent of useable gear I get via farming lol... AH ftw I guess.

If you play wizard, then blizzard and swap while you jog. Personally, I have nearly my entire upper inventory row filled with my mf set, and it just becomes habit after a while to swap fast.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Too much of a hassle to swap... I'm hoping they find a way to make that no longer the most efficient way and force anyone who wants to use MF while DPSing to have to have both those stats on the same gear. Of course I'm a little biased because my set is already set up that way, but I used to use MF swaps as well and it just felt like poor design to me.

270% with merc and no NV on my kill gear for me, so every mob I kill I've got MF on. Even in a world where swaps are probably more efficient for elites, it's pretty nice to just always have that MF working on white mobs, gobs, etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not sure how it is for Wizards and WDs, but if you're a melee character, you can swap as you fight if your Primary Attack is on a hotbar. I just hold down 1 and swap gear as I chase gobs or something.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Vek'nilash

Bah! Wrong thread! >

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    yeah don't get too hung up on farming this or any other "high" difficulty spot for the time being.

the drop rates are not worth it and unless you can kill A3 elites at lightning speed you're better off with A1.
    That's kind of how I feel too...

Added bonus is that with Monk I can use a MF set (only 140 base, but working on it) and an Exploding Palm build in A1 inferno. Can't wear the MF stuff or use EP in A2 or beyond, and I'd presume you'd need very very good gear to be able to EP stuff outside of A1.

Anyways you get champs to ~20% health, pop EP on one (the EP with 6 sec. duration) and melee it down. All the mobs explode, all the mobs give dorps.

Doesn't seem to work that often on the fat guys in A1 (the ones that spew out little guys or leeches), but I think I've seen it work on them before. It's much easier with health link mobs and much harder with shielding, but you can get it to work on any combo with enough practice. It used to give 1 NV for each kill, but they patched that out. Not sure if they're going to patch out the multiple dorps, but this is not Monk specific, just that Monk has the best ability to kill 3-4 mobs at the same exact time.

Ollieyk

Not sure if it's been posted before, but for those stuck trying to farm Act 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUJV_9qLx6g

It's pretty broken tbh. I've got 2 set items, a legendary and 22 i63's in around 5 hours so far. Granted they have all been trash but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post

It's pretty broken tbh. I've got 2 set items, a legendary and 22 i63's in around 5 hours so far. Granted they have all been trash but still.
    What's your MF count?

Ollieyk

260%. Only drawback is no NV but stacking MF seems to do the job. It's so easy too so you dont need to spend out shit loads on good MF gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you can also try getting dual MF/GF gear and working the crypt on the other side of the map. with some pickup radius you'll be making pretty good gold as well.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post

I've been doing this for weeks. Legendary's out the ass but all of them suck, I've only found 1 set item ever, and it was a bad one, so you are really lucky there. What makes this a really good place is that you don't have to pay attention and can watch a movie at the same time if you have a second monitor. I run it on my wizard with 294~ MF and all offensive abilities (so you can still have good dps while in MF gear since survivability is almost a non issue outside of mortar spam or reflect dmg) and archon so I just run in put a venom hydra down, turn on archon and hold right click. I know some barbs stack mf and just turn on earthquake to quickly kill the elite and since you remake the game after the cooldown is ready again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I gave that spot a try today for hours with about 170 mf and got all garbage rares.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

It's only supposed to be better if you have over 200 mf to make up for no NV stacks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, the idea is that the place nets you lots of rares/legendaries/sets. It doesn't do anything about what they roll with.