1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

A few questions about FFXIV from someone who stopped playing just after BETA

Let me preface this thread by saying I played this game during Beta and just after launch. The leveling system was just awful then and turned me off from the game. Recently the newer end game content I've seen has piqued my interest, being a die hard FFXI player.

I have one main question, how is the leveling now? My girlfriend and I both tried playing together and, at the time, leveling was just horendous. It took SO LONG even in the teens. I expected at the higher levels to not be able to gain a level for quite a while as I was used to meripos and such in FFXI. Is there more party based leveling now or is it still just spamming leves? If it is just still spamming leves are there more of them available for leveling. I think there were 10 or so when I leveled before and the exp they gave towards a level just wasn't enough.

We tried to play whatever the black mage class was together(Thauamaturge?)and the mobs we killed only gave one hundred or so experience per kill making it just feel like a massive chore to level. The end game content looks so fun, please tell me that the leveling isn't as bad as it was then? I'd really like nothing more than to love FFXIV like I did XI

Edit: I fail at spelling :\

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Post in Random Question seeing as how these are... random questions.

LOCKED.