FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TERA 7 Day Trial / No Download Demo

Information can be found here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/try-tera

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app...etail/a_id/433

1. Click Start a 7-Day Trial above and create a free En Masse account.
    2. On your Account Management page, click Enter Code and enter the code “TERATRIAL”.
    3. Click the Download Game button to download TERA.
    4. Install TERA and explore a new world!

*Trial accounts are subject to chat, trade, PvP, and other restrictions. See FAQ for details.

The TERA Trial is good for 7 calendar days from the time you enter your trial code. You can level up to 8 characters to level 23 on one server during the trial. Once a character reaches level 23, its a great time to try different race or class!

Chat restrictions:

Area chat
    Bargaining at the brokerage
    Party search
    Whispers (you will be able to whisper to players on your friends list)

Economy restrictions:

Trade broker
    Bank
    Parcel post system (you will be able to receive mail)

Social restrictions:

Establishing a friends list (you will be able to accept friends' invitations)
    Voting in the political system
    Setting up or applying to a guild (you can accept a guild invitation)

PvP restrictions:

Duels

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play the demo of TERA instantly. No client download required!

If you've been curious about TERA but are unsure of putting your money down or waiting for a lengthy download, then En Masse has a treat for you today. The studio has partnered with cloud gaming service Gaikai to offer an instant streaming version of TERA's demo.

Players can get right into the game with no download by visiting the new TERA demo page. Massively tested this out and confirmed that the game does indeed launch within seconds and allows you to test drive one of three pre-made characters in this action combat world. There is no cost associated with using this feature.

VP of Publishing Chris Lee thinks this is a perfect way to spread the word of TERA: "Gaikai's powerful cloud streaming service gives players a chance to enter the action combat world of TERA almost instantly. Within seconds of accessing TERA through Gaikai, players will be immersed in the skill-based combat of a true action MMO where they will experience the depth of a traditional MMO alongside the visceral satisfaction of an action game."

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Whispers (you will be able to whisper to players on your friends list)
    Well shit, I hope they make it so only others can add to you to their friends list with the current setup of that in the game....
    Spoiler: show
    Already sick and tired of RMT marketing in MMOs in general.

At any rate, nice to see they got a real demo going for those that want to try more than the prolog. Though what bugs me is that they're doing what every other MMO does by having you start your trial time before you even start the game download. Would take my brother a day and a half on his connection to finish it if he didn't just torrent the files ahead of time.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Well shit, I hope they make it so only others can add to you to their friends list with the current setup of that in the game....
    Social restrictions:

Establishing a friends list (you will be able to accept friends' invitations)
    So yeah, there's that XD

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    At any rate, nice to see they got a real demo going for those that want to try more than the prolog. Though what bugs me is that they're doing what every other MMO does by having you start your trial time before you even start the game download. Would take my brother a day and a half on his connection to finish it if he didn't just torrent the files ahead of time.
    Create first account > download > create second > play

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Create first account > download > create second > play
    This.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Anyway to get eu client, or anyone have EU invites for trial? I know NA is sign up like this but my EU buddy is telling me they have to send out invites and he's all out?

Wow, this is one hell of a DL, but I've been wanting to try this game out for awhile. Guess I'll have to wait until morning to try it out lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Addendum to OP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Senji

I would say pick the Elin Master Race if you didn't have a race yet in mind.

Aman males look pretty ferocious especially when they smile.

Aman females are an awesome choice too if you like...

you know... if you like the...

the..

Hold on I need to get my asthma inhaler.

*Inhales*

if you like...

Spoiler: show
    The Klingon look! Qapla!

Welcome aboard!

edit: After the new patch, they added this little update to the trial:
    Trial characters will no longer be kicked out at level 23, but will no longer gain experience.
    Way better than the terminator message you got from before lol

I would just like to add a little info for those who will also be trying out the trial. Upon hitting level 23, the game will give you a 5min timer until they permanently log you out from the game. After that you will not be able to use that character until you buy your key. So, as I had to wait for a new debit card due to some awesome random unauthorized purchases recently, I've had the chance to level a Priest, Lancer, and Sorc, which I would never have considered if I bought the key first. This game really does well in handling replayability due to the battle system.

If you don't make it a point to do every single little side-quest, you can safely make it to Bastian of Lok(the game's first instance) and even a little further, depending on your class. I highly recommend skipping the Basilisks if you happen to arrive there at lv22 so that you atleast get to experience the instance and not have to worry of being booted out in the middle of the run lol

Overall, I am happy with the trial; the chat and party creation limitations are really lame, though. You really don't get any chance of forming a party until you get to that instance(using their instance finder tool), unless of course you have a guild going in(which I did join for my first character). Having zero forms of communication starting out, besides emotes, is a bad move IMO. The initial grind and boring quests/story added with no social interaction could turn off some potential buyers.